• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually spent a full $10 for FEZ in the past week because I bought the DRM free version GOG's sale knowing I would pick it up in this sale as well.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Oh Steam Sale, why do you drain my wallet so?

Damage thus far:

Bioshock Infinite (GMG; fuck Aussie pricing)
Grid 2
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (I'm not even sure why)
Far Cry 3 (For once Aussie pricing makes this cheaper than anywhere else. Hope the game is good)
Fez w/OST (already own it on my 360 but it's dead)

Technically the only other things that I want is Remember Me and Rogue Legacy but I'll probably succumb to even more temptation.

Killing Floor is better.

Not really. Shooting zombies in L4D2 is far more satisfying than shooting things in Killing Floor. Also, to be super shallow I have to mention that Killing Floor looks and feels /old/. It does have a mildly interesting Aliens mod, but other than that I'd be hard pressed to give it more than three Starskys out of Hutch.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Phew was finally able to trade with solarus, he has the patience of a saint. I hope he enjoys FEZ :)

Copons

probably JaseC ;)

No, two guys I know IRL.
But seeing that, it's starting to worry me. What do they hide? Is it safe to be alone with them at night?

Also:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-CB6A25170D0892F4 - Taken by Gaz Pwnage

A new giveaway of the same thing I'm trying to trash since yesterday, now with less rules, less fun and no javadots around!

Vee_One

Damage thus far:
Call of Juarez
Far Cry 3

Not really sure what I'm waiting for now because I get most of the games I want (and those I will never play) on regular deals but I'm sure something delicious will pop up.

Caerith

Amazingly bad analogy (and you take everything so literal as well).
Analogy? No no, I was just reminiscing. Your complaint about abuse-prevention systems merely reminded me of other people who complained about the law getting in the way. I don't see why you'd draw a connection between two completely unrelated plaintiffs.

yo I found your favorite game on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63630/
If Xelios owns it, it must be good!

I'm a bit confused about the whole cards thing. I know you can get a random Summer Sale card by doing the Community Choice votes and some other things, but if you already own a game that is one of the 10 (ie. Skyrim) are you able to get that card by doing something in-game, or still just randomly?

Volotaire

Thank you kindly for the input!
I'd love to get it deep in my heart, but my wallet and brain tell me to spend the bucks on other games.. hm..

If you're willing to get some satisfying multiplayer action and spend time on the game with friends and to check the mechanics,m you'll fined one of the finest co-op games crafted.

If you're looking fro something else, this isn't for you. Just remember, the community is god awful to new players.

Copons

ModBot doesn't care about spam, it just ignores PMs that it doesn't understand. If you sent one with the title null, it would have assumed it was a claim PM, looked for keys, not found any (since to nuke you use Steam Keys and to claim you use ModBot encrypted keys) and disregarded the PM.

Uh, I don't know why I was sure somewhere you said that if someone flooded ModBot you'd blacklist him or something like a counter-flood.
Oh well... :)

Deadbeat

Banned
Analogy? No no, I was just reminiscing. Your complaint about abuse-prevention systems merely reminded me of other people who complained about the law getting in the way. I don't see why you'd draw a connection between two completely unrelated plaintiffs.
Yet you did.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm a bit confused about the whole cards thing. I know you can get a random Summer Sale card by doing the Community Choice votes and some other things, but if you already own a game that is one of the 10 (ie. Skyrim) are you able to get that card by doing something in-game, or still just randomly?

Games have cards. You get those cards by playing them. The passage of time. What you do in the game is not important. The cards you get are per-game: play Runner 2, get Runner 2 cards. If you collect every card for a game you can use them to make a badge.

Separately, there are summer sale cards. You get those for: voting on community deals, spending money, and making badges for any game. The cards you get are random and not related to the games you own or play. If you collect every summer sale card, you can use them to make a summer sale badge.

Damage so far:
- Bastion
- Cargo Commander

How are people liking Cargo Commander? I recommended it so I'm interested if people actually like it or not

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
YEJL6Ua.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brazen Prototype -- MB-77E89EAD6F5B2E71 - Taken by reddmyst
I believe it should still work.

No, two guys I know IRL.
But seeing that, it's starting to worry me. What do they hide? Is it safe to be alone with them at night?

Also:

A new giveaway of the same thing I'm trying to trash since yesterday, now with less rules, less fun and no javadots around!

Thanks muchly

Games have cards. You get those cards by playing them. The passage of time. What you do in the game is not important. The cards you get are per-game: play Runner 2, get Runner 2 cards. If you collect every card for a game you can use them to make a badge.

Separately, there are summer sale cards. You get those for: voting on community deals, spending money, and making badges for any game. The cards you get are random and not related to the games you own or play. If you collect every summer sale card, you can use them to make a summer sale badge.
Wait, cards are not linked to in-game actions? I thought it was achievements or trophies. You just get cards for playing for X amount of time?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Has anyone gotten Dota 2 trading cards?
Been playing for the past few days and still no drops whatsoever

If you weren't at "premium status" (bought something) before the beta, you only get 1 card drop for every $9 spent in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom