• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot doesn't care about spam, it just ignores PMs that it doesn't understand. If you sent one with the title null, it would have assumed it was a claim PM, looked for keys, not found any (since to nuke you use Steam Keys and to claim you use ModBot encrypted keys) and disregarded the PM.
So that's how I got all these damn keys.

not really

Caerith

Is it me, or did Civilization V just get card drops?
Valve has probably like 30 games with cards, just waiting in the wings. Those cards won't appear until the games have their flash or daily or community sale. Probably.

Like, Torchlight 2. It's featured in the Summer Getaway cards, but it doesn't have cards itself because it hasn't been a flash or daily yet.

Expect the expected.

Games have cards. You get those cards by playing them. The passage of time. What you do in the game is not important. The cards you get are per-game: play Runner 2, get Runner 2 cards. If you collect every card for a game you can use them to make a badge.

Separately, there are summer sale cards. You get those for: voting on community deals, spending money, and making badges for any game. The cards you get are random and not related to the games you own or play. If you collect every summer sale card, you can use them to make a summer sale badge.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Wait, cards are not linked to in-game actions? I thought it was achievements or trophies. You just get cards for playing for X amount of time?

Pretty much, you can even idle on menu screen, alt tab out, and do something else >_>
Kinda cheapens it for me but its still in early phase

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Free game go go go

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-A925C50CD2573B73 - Taken by Gez

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Valve has probably like 30 games with cards, just waiting in the wings. Those cards won't appear until the games have their flash or daily or community sale. Probably.

Like, Torchlight 2. It's featured in the Summer Getaway cards, but it doesn't have cards itself because it hasn't been a flash or daily yet.

Expect the expected.

Personally waiting for Tomb Raider cards. That'll give me a good reason to go back and play that game again, it was great!

Still have a coupon for 10% off of Toki Tori 2. Surely it will go on sale again, so if someone is going to pick it up when it goes back on sale grab this coupon.

Wurst

If you're willing to get some satisfying multiplayer action and spend time on the game with friends and to check the mechanics,m you'll fined one of the finest co-op games crafted.

If you're looking fro something else, this isn't for you. Just remember, the community is god awful to new players.

I was a Counter Strike player back in the day and I like zombies. I feel this game could tingle my fun gland quite well. Maybe too well, I'm a bit afraid it's going to be a bit of an effort and time sink. I should really be concentrating on my studies, that's why I prefer single player at the moment :D

Khaz

Hi guys, you have seen FTL was having a massive discount on Steam. Well it's also on the original website for the same price! For the same low price of $2.49 you have the Steam version AND a windows/Linux/osx standalone version AND the developpers get paid more ($2.37 vs $1.74).

So if you are interested in FTL on sale, get it on its original website! http://www.ftlgame.com

Get it, it's a fantastic game

Salsa

the swapper is like 25 percent off but im wondering will it go any lower.

prolly

also

ibhWTSGEertYUE.gif

Scribblenauts is awesome. I just started playing, and one of the objectives is a car parked illegally, so whats a guy to do? Blow it up! I use tnt and a lit match and blew that car up. . . along with myself. So good.

Oh the car didn't blow up, but I still had fun!

Why has Blood Dragon gone up in price? It was 6.74 now its 8.99, the FC3 flash sale is still going.

Ubisoft have been messing about with their prices, trying to make the discounts seem better than they are and, in some cases - this would appear to be one of them - the "discounted" sale price is higher than it was a week or so ago.

Caerith

Personally waiting for Tomb Raider cards. That'll give me a good reason to go back and play that game again, it was great!
I'm waiting for Dust: An Elysian Tail. I don't know if it'll be included in the summer sale, but I beat it once (Paragon) and want to hold my second playthrough (Hardcore/Renegade) for when I can get cards and stuff.

smiggyRT

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-8DEF319BB07F9F57 - Taken by Sykotik

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom