• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thezez

Banned
It has cards!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

McPixel -- MB-7A2326E45D412ED7 - Taken by PepperJack

Salsa

Makes me wonder what's going to happen to the Summer Sale cards after the sale. I imagine they'll stay in your inventory, right? So I imagine in about 4-5 months these cards are going to be worth BANK.

eh, maybe

the card market certainly hasnt been working as I predicted on a lot of things

derExperte

Makes me wonder what's going to happen to the Summer Sale cards after the sale. I imagine they'll stay in your inventory, right? So I imagine in about 4-5 months these cards are going to be worth BANK.

I've started to slowly gobble up the summer cards at around 30Cent. It's not like I'm using real money for that so I can only win.

When everyone and their unborn children gets them it doesn't matter that they get cut off, they remain worthless forever; at least as far as TF2's marketplace has shown me. Foil ones might get some worth in that case, but I doubt anything will happen for the regular batch.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is the DLC for Sleeping Dogs worth it or is it mostly useless costume stuff?

All of the story DLC is worth it, especially Year of the Snake. Wheels of fury is amusing if you enjoy 80-90s tv shows and movies about cars outfitted with weaponry.

The costume and weapon DLC is okay, just watch out for the money DLC. It unbalances the game.

Mrbob

A badge, emoticon and background. No different than any other badge.

That's it? Terrible.

I can't decide if Trading Cards are awesome or a complete waste of time and money. Too many limited drops of cards for my liking. Seems to force your hand to go to the marketplace.

emoticon + background + the badge + maybe card or discount coupon

i'll probably craft it for posteriority's sake. You wont be able to get that badge again
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I've already sold two and still have two left. Don't you get a card for every tenner you spend and after voting thrice, again and again? Plus crafting other badges of course.

derExperte

When everyone and their unborn children gets them it doesn't matter that they get cut off, they remain worthless forever; at least as far as TF2's marketplace has shown me. Foil ones might get some worth in that case, but I doubt anything will happen for the regular batch.

But the cards will disappear over time as people craft summer badges while the TF2 stuff doesn't.

minty_jpg

Bought Saints Row & The Walking Dead (mostly a JRPG/JPN game player, so this is sort of new, but looking forward to trying both). I've only head marvelous things about Saints Row The Third.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yes but unlike TF2 cards, they will stop dropping after the sale, and will only become more and more rare as people craft the badge. Supply will certainly go down, but what about demand? That's the $0.30 question!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just had an epiphany - I don't care about cards and if I sell them now I can get games for cheap in the Summer Sale.

This is somewhat incredible for me as, up until about an hour ago, I genuinely thought I did care. I even crafted some badges. But emoticons and profile backgrounds aren't worth the hassle, and this way I get games to play!

When the sale is over who knows what'll happen, as I won't be able to buy as many games for as cheap, but for now this is stopping me spending real money and it's great.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
That's it? Terrible.

I can't decide if Trading Cards are awesome or a complete waste of time and money. Too many limited drops of cards for my liking. Seems to force your hand to go to the marketplace.

Just don't care about trading cards and sell them for ez money.

-MD-

I can't decide if Trading Cards are awesome or a complete waste of time and money.

Oh they're definitely a waste of time to collect, but they're a great way to get free money.

So far they've funded every single game I've bought in this sale.

There will be a LOT of cards, and very few people who will want to craft the badge. I don't think they'll be worth much.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Here's the deal; Trying to see if Borderlands 2 will let Mac+PC play with eachother.

From what I've seen... Nope.

Question is, will they ever allow such a thing?

This is the deciding factor of the purchase.

bengraven

They've been publishing some awesome indie games lately, so I'll let this slide.

On both Nintendo and MS's side, I meant from pricing, not gaming quality.

GFW Marketplace on PC has been pretty notorious (in the past maybe, i haven't checked in a year) for pricing their first party games. Just reminds me of how Nintendo waited forever to drop their first party games' prices.

But it's the best COD game.

Between you and me, it is. COD2, then MW1 are the ONLY two CoDs I really liked, let alone loved. CoD2 also has the nostalgic memories of being my first game on 360 launch day and I didn't realize I was going to be playing my favorite FPS of all time that day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just had an epiphany - I don't care about cards and if I sell them now I can get games for cheap in the Summer Sale.

This is somewhat incredible for me as, up until about an hour ago, I genuinely thought I did care. I even crafted some badges. But emoticons and profile backgrounds aren't worth the hassle, and this way I get games to play!

When the sale is over who knows what'll happen, as I won't be able to buy as many games for as cheap, but for now this is stopping me spending real money and it's great.

Welcome to the club! Profile backgrounds are overrated (and free with Enhanced Steam - whichever one you want). Emoticons are cool but if there is one you really want you can just buy it on the marketplace rather than crafting the badge.

Free money is where it's at!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yes but unlike TF2 cards, they will stop dropping after the sale, and will only become more and more rare as people craft the badge. Supply will certainly go down, but what about demand? That's the $0.30 question!

But sell them later and while you might get more money, nothing will be on sale until 6 months from now.

Just don't care about trading cards and sell them for ez money.

Trading cards are good, if they added more incentive to craft badges.

I forsee people realizing that crafting is B.S. and prices just crashing, making the cards worthless.

It's been happening already, people frantically try to sell cards on new games as soon as they get them (idling their games). It's breaking the market and will basically make it ridiculously easy to buy and craft for those few that will care about it.

feel

You say that but there'll be a sale on DotA items soon and you'll spend all your money on those instead.
Fuck me. Forgot about that, probably won't resist buying some fancy items, and I'm probably months away from having the courage to jump into matchmaking to show off my items to others.

Oh man, so many games bought already:

GxmoVIw.png

£8 was the most I've spent on a single game, and that was for The Book of Unwritten Tales and all its DLC content.

Mrbob

Yeah I might just start selling all my cards. I don't see a good reason why I would want to keep and craft them? I mean I got a +5 friends list bonus for crafting cards, wowee. Thanks Valve. Plus an emoticon and a background? The whole benefit aspect seems worthless. At least I can get some monetary value selling them.

-MD-

Yeah I might just start selling all my cards. I don't see a good reason why I would want to keep and craft them? I mean I got a +5 friends list bonus for crafting cards, wowee. Thanks Valve. Plus an emoticon and a background? The whole benefit aspect seems worthless. At least I can get some monetary value selling them.

Sell them, yo.

EVERYERONE SELL YOUR CARDS IF YOU DON'T WANT A BADGE ON YOUR ACCOUNT. K?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible to make an anonymous modbot posting, e.g the titles of the games are hidden?.

I'm thinking about throwing together something with Dark Souls, and a few other games.

Sykotik

Is it possible to make an anonymous modbot posting, e.g the titles of the games are hidden?.

I'm thinking about throwing together something with Dark Souls, and a few other games.

I've brainstormed about doing the same, but I don't want to lock someone out for a half an hour for a game they didn't want.

On both Nintendo and MS's side, I meant from pricing, not gaming quality.

GFW Marketplace on PC has been pretty notorious (in the past maybe, i haven't checked in a year) for pricing their first party games. Just reminds me of how Nintendo waited forever to drop their first party games' prices.

Between you and me, it is. COD2, then MW1 are the ONLY two CoDs I really liked, let alone loved. CoD2 also has the nostalgic memories of being my first game on 360 launch day and I didn't realize I was going to be playing my favorite FPS of all time that day.
1300 hours on pc according to xfire brother, 1300 hours...
will install it again later
24/7 Toujane rifle only s&d

bengraven

I understood that. It's horrible how long Nintendo keeps their first-party titles at $50. I was just extending the comparison.

Ah okay. ha. It was just coming from a guy who was dead broke but staring at a $50 Nintendo game, then find out I spent $50 on a game I really really didn't like (SMS).

1300 hours on pc according to xfire brother, 1300 hours...
will install it again later
24/7 Toujane rifle only s&d

Speaking of which, it was my first online PC FPS experience and I would love to go back and play again sometime. My brother and I would play the trainyard level with sniper rifles and spend HOURS doing the Enemy at the Gates "game" we created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom