• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you 10 random cards for Rogue Legacy

It's a fair trade, bro. Trust.

Not fair enough. I'll throw in a Saints Row IV preorder.

Ah okay. ha. It was just coming from a guy who was dead broke but staring at a $50 Nintendo game, then find out I spent $50 on a game I really really didn't like (SMS).

I can sympathize. I'm the guy who wasted $50 on Pokemon Battle Revolution. Twice.

bengraven

I can sympathize. I'm the guy who wasted $50 on Pokemon Battle Revolution. Twice.

tumblr_mn06piUX3X1ry4q0lo1_400.gif

jtb

Banned
COD2 was godly back in the day. and to think the multiplayer was capped at 8 players (LOL) on 360 and launched with some of the worst netcode I've ever experienced in a game. but single player campaign was pretty great and relied much less heavily on the scripted bottlenecks of the MW games. and the core mechanics of the multiplayer were fun enough even without perks/level ups/killstreak/etc.

Nabs

bengraven

Must resist the urge to buy all these cheap games. It adds up quickly and then its no longer so cheap.

$150 on my first Winter Sale and nearly cost me a divorce as well. Seriously.

Nothing was more than $15. It just all added up.

Also, the $15 game was Mount & Blade and if she wants to divorce me over that, it's fine, because that game is the fucking bomb.

COD2 was godly back in the day. and to think the multiplayer was capped at 8 players (LOL) on 360 and launched with some of the worst netcode I've ever experienced in a game. but single player campaign was pretty great and relied much less heavily on the scripted bottlenecks of the MW games. and the core mechanics of the multiplayer were fun enough even without perks/level ups/killstreak/etc.

The single player was a great campaign. I only wish the Russia part was slightly longer. I still yell out "EEZ AN MG FARTY TWO!!!" when someone jumps on a turret in some games.

I still liked the multiplayer. Yeah, nothing special, but I also didn't grow up on the many, many FPS games that some of you have. Goldeneye, Turok, and PD were it. So for me, it was just fun. I still love the maps as well.

catabarez

Dat Surgeon Simulator. I hadn't removed the guys heart and was murdering him with the buzzsaw so at the last second I just threw the new heart in with the old heart still there.

Beat it.

mclem

I've brainstormed about doing the same, but I don't want to lock someone out for a half an hour for a game they didn't want.

A while back I did a 'random game reward' thing and I'm planning to do that again in a slightly different manner this year, and I've been trying to figure out if I can get Modbot to help me or if I'd need to do the work by hand. I think I came to the conclusion of doing it by hand.

The problem with Modbot giving random rewards is that there's no scope for verifying that the recipient doesn't already have the title in question. That's the big stumbling block with doing this. Last year I could work it out since there was only one recipient so I could sneak a bit of research into him to verify what's viable, but the downside of that was that, well, there was only one contestant so only one person got to directly 'enjoy' it - hence why I did all the fancy other stuff to try to make it enjoyable for others.

$150 on my first Winter Sale and nearly cost me a divorce as well. Seriously.

Nothing was more than $15. It just all added up.

Also, the $15 game was Mount & Blade and if she wants to divorce me over that, it's fine, because that game is the fucking bomb.

You almost got divorced because you spent $150 on videogames..?

Welcome to the club! Profile backgrounds are overrated (and free with Enhanced Steam - whichever one you want). Emoticons are cool but if there is one you really want you can just buy it on the marketplace rather than crafting the badge.

Free money is where it's at!
It sucks that I won't be able to sell cards until August 2. I could be making free money!!

Wait, can I get keys in TF2 by "idling" (learning the lingo lol) as well?

Is Walking Dead for mac still buggy? I read or heard about it a while ago.

The achievements didn't pop up for me so I had to replay episodes to get them to pop up. And my choices from episode 1 didn't carry over to 2. I don't know if these problems are common or not. Another gaffer seemed to be fine.

Cimarron

Is anyone else experiencing slow downloads? Dark Souls is talking forever!!! :(
Can't wait until AssCreed3 is under $20. Gaben hear my plea!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think I want XCOM. Do I? And would I also want the DLC if I pick it up?

On one hand, a game I may (one day) play and enjoy, especially one that it's outside of my comfort zone. On the other, 10 bucks that could be spent on some other title... Decisions, decisions.

When we're dead broke and she was very kind about telling me I could spend $40 but to not spend more because we couldn't afford it...yes. It was a violation of trust and showed my l.ack of willpower.

Didn't think that one through before typing, my bad. Made the mistake of just assuming it was a "You spent money on games..? I don't think so" type of situation.

Atruvius

On one hand, a game I may (one day) play and enjoy, especially one that it's outside of my comfort zone. On the other, 10 bucks that could be spent on some other title... Decisions, decisions.

The customization DLC is pretty nice. I liked to color code my troops, healers are red, etc.

Fireblend

Banned

On one hand, another game I may (or may not) play and enjoy, especially one that it's outside of my comfort zone. On the other, 10 bucks that could be spent on some other title... Decisions, decisions.
You want XCOM. Trust me. You want it so bad.

Also I think the consensus is The Slingshot Pack is the better DLC. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

marrec

Banned
Guys. I may be LTTP on this, but Euro Truck Sim 2 is amazing. I leveled up my trucker and now some idiot is trusting him with explosives. =)

Deadbeat

Banned
A while back I did a 'random game reward' thing and I'm planning to do that again in a slightly different manner this year, and I've been trying to figure out if I can get Modbot to help me or if I'd need to do the work by hand. I think I came to the conclusion of doing it by hand.

The problem with Modbot giving random rewards is that there's no scope for verifying that the recipient doesn't already have the title in question. That's the big stumbling block with doing this. Last year I could work it out since there was only one recipient so I could sneak a bit of research into him to verify what's viable, but the downside of that was that, well, there was only one contestant so only one person got to directly 'enjoy' it - hence why I did all the fancy other stuff to try to make it enjoyable for others.
Can we submit stuff to this random game reward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom