• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Guys please recommend an Nvidia VGA to run Sleeping Dogs at 1080p with everything on the highest settings.
For the record, I own a GTX 550Ti at the moment, thanks in advance.

Highest settings including Extreme AA? From what I recall, that's the option that kills your framerate. If you're just doing high AA instead of extreme, any mid-level, recent GPU should do the trick.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Thank you to, thezez for gifting me Bad Rats. I've been wanting this game forever. Wow. I feel like I should make something in your honor for my next giveaway...

Smash88

Banned
I'm guessing Skyrim vanilla will still go cheaper since it hasn't been part of a daily, flash or community sale. Skyrim legendary ed was the flash sale; Skyrim vanilla didn't change in price before or after the flash sale.

I misread that. I thought he said it won't go any lower than what we saw during the community/flash deal. It is back up to normal sale price, but it will lower again once it hits Daily/Flash/Community again.

dmr87

Guys please recommend an Nvidia VGA to run Sleeping Dogs at 1080p with everything on the highest settings.
For the record, I own a GTX 550Ti at the moment, thanks in advance.

Nvidia are phasing out the 600 series so look for a steal on a 670/680.

DukeBobby

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bully: Scholarship Edition -- MB-07A10B7C28E0DAC9 - Taken by friedeggs

Rockstar's best game, yo!!

Damn you, zer0blivion for upstaging me. Oh well, as long as more people play it.

Highest settings including Extreme AA? From what I recall, that's the option that kills your framerate. If you're just doing high AA instead of extreme, any mid-level, recent GPU should do the trick.

ya, the extreme AA basically renders the image at close to 4k resolution then downsamples to your chosen resolution. looks great, but not a great AA solution.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
mCMJ5cg.jpg

TIMEDOG 2000

Cerity

The AA in sleeping dogs isn't intensive anyway, it's just poor FXAA.

Kipp

The AA in sleeping dogs isn't intensive anyway, it's just poor FXAA.

I believe the extreme setting is 4x supersampling.

Also, I fail at modbot. Sent a PM for one of the Bully codes... But only copied the code and not the game title too. Aww yeeah.

cicero

Is Bully any good?
It is a typical Rockstar GTA type experience. If you are into that type of faux open world sandboxy type of game, you will enjoy it. If you like the idea of kissing homely schoolgirls to gain their affections and receive bonus stats, you will enjoy it. If you like the idea of kissing homely schoolgirls and then ditching them for prettier schoolgirls and kissing the pretty ones in front of them so they get into fights, you will enjoy it.

Need I say more?

Kipp

All these people asking for SteamGaf group invites and nobody new joining the chat. Don't be so scared, guys.

Originally was looking for fez and half life, now im looking at half life anthology, fez, bully, maybe l4d etc. Will probably pull the trigger on bully first since i dont see it getting lower.

It is a typical Rockstar GTA type experience. If you are into that type of faux open world sandboxy type of game, you will enjoy it. If you like the idea of kissing homely schoolgirls to gain their affections and receive bonus stats, you will enjoy it. If you like the idea of kissing homely schoolgirls and then ditching them for prettier schoolgirls and kissing the pretty ones in front of them so they get into fights, you will enjoy it.

Need I say more?

You forgot to mention the amazing OST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqM8RYYgjXY

def sim

alright

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Last Remnant -- MB-2C49BB13DE85386D - Taken by Mass Effect

Just booted up Dark Souls for the first time on PC (already installed Durante's magic sauce). Christ GFWL blows. My first GFWL game.

If you have trouble, you may want to remove the patch until you get initial settings made. You have to turn off in game AA and whatnot.

GFWL isn't too bad once you go through the horrible process of setting it up.

Originally was looking for fez and half life, now im looking at half life anthology, fez, bully, maybe l4d etc. Will probably pull the trigger on bully first since i dont see it getting lower.

Make sure it is Left 4 Dead 2. All the L4D1 campaigns have been added to 2 so there's no sense in buying the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom