• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to hear from a developer about these cards. How much does their game increase in sales when the cards are added? How much money are the making off the sales of the cards themselves? etc

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to watch it on YouTube when I get around to it, maybe tomorrow night.

Or maybe I'll wait for the same Twitch streamer I watched stream all of TWD stream this one.
I'm curious, is the game effective at what it does when you watch a playthrough of it? A big part of it is the tension of having to make a difficult choice, where neither outcome will leave you satisfied so you have to make a compromise in the spot. I don't see how that can be retained when watching a video, so I'm worried that you may not be having the best possible experience by not playing it yourself.

That said, hope you enjoy it whenever you watch/play it.

Wait until you play Mount and Blade.

You are either going to be blown away, get sucked in, and turn your room into a war camp.

Or its not gonna click.

I can see how it can go either way with that game. I was definitely the former. Pillaging the country side as I scooped up fief after fief with my band of Nordic infantry.

Kings didn't support my claim to the throne? Put their head on a pike.
I played the demo. It was amazing. I decided to take hostile action against a village...holy shit, a freaking villager horde. The mouse based combat is so good. Suck at mounted combat though.

And can you actually do that to your enemies?

But trust me, if the trailer and demo blew me away, I can't wait till I can besiege towns (can you starve them out?) and lead my massive forces into battle. I'm a history buff too, so experiencing medieval life is going to be awesome

Only thing, I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I'll be able to buy it on my app but won't be able to play until I get back :(

Almighty

I played the demo. It was amazing. I decided to take hostile action against a village...holy shit, a freaking villager horde. The mouse based combat is so good. Suck at mounted combat though.

And can you actually do that to your enemies?

But trust me, if the trailer and demo blew me away, I can't wait till I can besiege towns (can you starve them out?) and lead my massive forces into battle. I'm a history buff too, so experiencing medieval life is going to be awesome

Only thing, I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I'll be able to buy it on my app but won't be able to play until I get back :(

Slaughtering villagers, you monsters. Those poor people.

Now raiding caravans that is how I made my money. Those rich merchants deserve it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I know this isn't the card thread, but this one is much more active: to get the first badge you need to collect the whole set, right? To get subsequent badges you have to collect the sets again, correct? Now I know for the first badge you only can get four cards from playing, but do you still get drops for playing once the first badge is crafted?
Nope. The only way to get additional cards after the initial free drops is by buying them in the market, trading for them, or by getting a booster pack (randomly given out by Valve; you need to run out of free drops for a game to be eligible for its booster pack).

Cth

I would love to hear from a developer about these cards. How much does their game increase in sales when the cards are added? How much money are the making off the sales of the cards themselves? etc

Not a developer, but I did notice that during the sale, games with cards get an extra percentage of card sales.

Usually, Valve gets something like 3 cents per card transaction, but now developers with cards during the sale appear to be getting a piece of that action.

It's only fair as they're helping keep the market going during the sale.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Nope. The only way to get additional cards after the initial free drops is by buying them in the market, trading for them, or by getting a booster pack (randomly given out by Valve; you need to run out of free drops for a game to be eligible for it's booster pack).
Ugh, not a fan of this system. I hope booster packs are somewhat frequent.
LOL I have a son that's 18.
Old-GAF confirmed.

Nimajneb

How is the first Risen? I played it on 360 years ago and found it ugly as hell but gameplay wise it wasnt bad

It's only the best open world RPG of the generation. It has a fantastic cohesive world, challenging combat, and the lack of quest markers makes it about 10 times more engaging than most modern RPGs that constantly guide the player.

On the topic of janky RPGs, is E.Y.E.Divine Cybermancy worth $2.50? It looks like it could be one of those fantastic games that gets overlooked because of its rough edges and poor production values.

El Odio

Banned
I'd like to get rid of the few cards I have since doing so seems to be an easy way to get stuff in return but I just can't... I feel like I need them...

Almighty

It's only the best open world RPG of the generation. It has a fantastic cohesive world, challenging combat, and the lack of quest markers makes it about 10 times more engaging than most modern RPGs.

Yes now this is a man(or woman) who gets it.

Risen may not be the biggest open world RPG or the most sandboxy, but damn if it's world is not well crafted. It too bad Risen 2 didn't live up to the standards set by the first one.

Ezalc

Anybody here ever have problems with launching The Last Remnant? The program stops responding for me when I launch it.

EDIT: Seems like it might have been the anti-virus' fault.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I put "serial killer/crime related". But to be fair, he did kill/order a lot of people killed.

Do you want a fast money round/retry?

I just enjoyed the challenge to be honest. I already have Hotline: Miami so I would have just asked you to give it too the runner up.

Deadbeat

Banned
No more than any leader is a serial killer for ordering the death of their personal or countries enemies.
hcL3UWm.gif

neoism

so is there a reason steam lists some stupid currency I have now idea how much that is ... trying to count all the monies I've made so far.... is there a russian to usd site somewhere...
igYNosgByXlNb.png

-_-
I know thats what that person bought it with still don't understand why it cant be listed in usd ,,,,wish there was a total money earned somewhere.....

I just enjoyed the challenge to be honest. I already have Hotline: Miami so I would have just asked you to give it too the runner up.
Ahh, ok. I tried to make the questions obtuse enough that if you Googled them the answer wasn't obvious/first one. I was trying to reward the non-Googlers.

Almighty

meh two worlds 2 4 lyfe.

(but yeah, if we're comparing it to skyrim, of course risen > skyrim :p)

Two Worlds 2!? Better then Risen? Blasphemy.

In all serious Two Worlds 2 looked interesting, but I never got around to playing it. For 6 bucks it is tempting. It's too bad I already blew though my budget for this sale.

So many games, so little willpower.

antitrop

I'm curious, is the game effective at what it does when you watch a playthrough of it? A big part of it is the tension of having to make a difficult choice, where neither outcome will leave you satisfied so you have to make a compromise in the spot. I don't see how that can be retained when watching a video, so I'm worried that you may not be having the best possible experience by not playing it yourself.

That said, hope you enjoy it whenever you watch/play it.
I played through Act 1 when it first, first came out and didn't really enjoy it. I enjoyed watching the stream much, much more. I loved watching it on stream, the reactions of the chat and the personality of the streamer made it much more exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom