• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

I just finished The Walking Dead: 400 Days. Here's my opinion about it:

Nice piece of content, even if way too short. I would have liked each mini chapter to be a little longer, since it's hard to become attached to the characters due to their brief nature. With a little more background on each one and time to get used to them, it would have been much more effective at provoking the emotions it set out to.

I really enjoyed it, but it felt like an appetizer before the main course. Which it actually is. Don't know what else I could say without spoiling anything, so I'll finish with this: if you liked the first season, you can't go wrong with this one. If you didn't, this won't make you change your mind. It may only last about an hour, but it's a good hour.

I agree with you RionaaM. I felt that these 5 short stories made it hard to empathize with the characters and when the time came to take a decisions it didn't have the weight (or the illusion of it) they did on the main story as you don't get the repercusion of your decisions. But obviously the DLC is just a taste of what's to come.

Crayons

Banned
kUr.jpg

clint-and-chair.gif

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ugh, not a fan of this system. I hope booster packs are somewhat frequent.

Old-GAF confirmed.
They unfortunately are not. I've only gotten 1 booster pack since they added them and they only contain 3 cards.

Your Steam level also affects your booster pack drop rate.

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

bengraven

So would you guys recommend Mount and Blade to someone who enjoys story driven RPGs or is it more like a sandbox?

I may be lttp, but think of it like a "create your own story" sandbox with sim and action elements.

It's Pirates! meets Game of Thrones.

catabarez

so is there a reason steam lists some stupid currency I have now idea how much that is ... trying to count all the monies I've made so far.... is there a russian to usd site somewhere...
igYNosgByXlNb.png

-_-
I know thats what that person bought it with still don't understand why it cant be listed in usd ,,,,wish there was a total money earned somewhere.....

jshackles is working on it

Just Bought Super Meat Boy, Left 4 Dead 2 & Bully Scholarship Edition. Ive played none of those. Just built my PC today and finished now. Couldn't be more of a sweeter day. Heres Hoping my AMD Phenom II CPU runs these games and my Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 GPU

Deadbeat

Banned
Back from work. I'll be up til 2 or 3 am hoping to win stuff XD
Its no fun when its stuff you have or you dont want. I want the adrenaline rush of seeing a game again that I really want to play and its like I GOTTA GET IT and a mad dash to PM modbot, refreshing the page constantly, and cheering when you see your name next to the striked out code.

DukeBobby

Just Bought Super Meat Boy, Left 4 Dead 2 & Bully Scholarship Edition. Ive played none of those. Just built my PC today and finished now. Couldn't be more of a sweeter day. Heres Hoping my AMD Phenom II CPU runs these games and my Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 GPU

You should be able to run those games easily.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Its no fun when its stuff you have or you dont want. I want the adrenaline rush of seeing a game again that I really want to play and its like I GOTTA GET IT and a mad dash to PM modbot, refreshing the page constantly, and cheering when you see your name next to the striked out code.

Im trying to get Fez and Hotline Miami. But my luck sucks when those come up in here. I dont go at every game around here. Its mostly stuff I wanna play.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't know what these Steam trading cards are or what they do, but I just made a dollar selling 2 of them. It happened so fast. Do I get more each day?

Just a reminder for everyone playing Chivalry to turn up the ragdoll length up a decent amount, having the bodies actually stay more than 5 seconds really adds a lot to the atmosphere, makes it seem like a real battle.

Sorry for crap steam screenshots, feeling too lazy to take the uncompressed ones and ifran them and then upload to abload and so on.

bengraven

further by acok mod.

Yes, exactly.

The format of the game makes mods incredibly easy to do - just a new layer of skins and maybe a few models and each mod feels like a legit expansion pack or at least "alternate" version of the game.

Like let's say you want to play as Vikings fighting along the Irish coast and raiding monastaries.

Or a gun fighter in the old west hunting buffalo.

Or a merc in the Outer Rim invading Naboo for The Empire.

Almighty

Yes it was fun. It also helped that winning Alan Wake earlier in this thread(thanks SephirothRK) was the first time in my life I actually won anything. I normally just have awful luck.

What's the GAF opinion on this:
I'm going to be on vacation for the next ten days. I'm leaving my laptop at home so I can't play anything.

Would it still be fair to try to win giveaways if I won't be able to play them a while?

gblues

Banned
Grups just aren't welcome.
Bonus points if you can tell me what that reference is.
Edit: seems I was 21 when I found GAF, of course, I was 23 by the time my account had been accepted lol.

Star Trek: TOS.

I recognized the reference without googling, but I couldn't name the episode w/o googling. It was "Miri"

I'm going to be on vacation for the next ten days. I'm leaving my laptop at home so I can't play anything.

Would it still be fair to try to win giveaways if I won't be able to play them a while?

Most people around here don't even play games.

It'll probably be fine.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Any list of card-legible Steam games that has a "launcher"? I know of Skyrim, Dungeons of Dredmor, Civ 5, Saints Row 3

Yes, exactly.

The format of the game makes mods incredibly easy to do - just a new layer of skins and maybe a few models and each mod feels like a legit expansion pack or at least "alternate" version of the game.

Like let's say you want to play as Vikings fighting along the Irish coast and raiding monastaries.

Or a gun fighter in the old west hunting buffalo.

Or a merc in the Outer Rim invading Naboo for The Empire.
Warband is at the top of my Wishlist. Do all the mods just add skins and models or do any add new mechanics?

Also any mods that enhance the visuals/textures?

Deadbeat

Banned

As long as you arent collecting keys to sell them later (unlike a former member of this forum) then you are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom