• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks YianGaruga gonna relieve memories and hopefully get to finish The Maw on PC. (I dont touch my bro xbox in a long time)

Warband is completely amazing, and the mod support is equally amazing. They have mods that do just about everything, from graphics to UI to completely new campaigns and multiplayer modes. One of the most overlooked games out and one of the best games I have ever played.
:0 :0 :0
Wow, OMG...I need this game now. Those mods, those amazing mods

Twilight of The Sun King
Light & Darkness - Heroes of Calradia
Cursus Honorum
Imperium Romanum
American Revolution
Diplomacy
Freelancer
etc, etc, etc...

I never really cared modding or payed attention to it. Never thought I'd care about trying it, seemed more like a gimmick than anything else. How could I be so wrong?

PC gaming is awesome. I don't think I'm ever touching my consoles again except for GTA V

Question: how much do mods affect performance? Warband is one of the few games I can run on high settings.

please be a Daily or Flash tomorrow please be a Daily or Flash tomorrow please be a Daily or Flash tomorrow please...

Tecl0n

:0 :0 :0
Wow, OMG...I need this game now. Those mods, those amazing mods

Twilight of The Sun King
Light & Darkness - Heroes of Calradia
Cursus Honorum
Imperium Romanum
American Revolution
Diplomacy
Freelancer
etc, etc, etc...

I never really cared modding or payed attention to it. Never thought I'd care about trying it...

PC gaming is awesome. I don't think I'm ever touching my consoles again except for GTA V

Question: how much do mods affect performance? Warband is one of the few games I can run on high settings.

please be a Daily or Flash tomorrow please be a Daily or Flash tomorrow please be a Daily or Flash tomorrow please...

A lot of the "top" mods actually have a lot of the mechanics/graphics mods included , say diplomacy, character recluitment, etc. So watch out.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
man you guys suck WHY DO I BOTHER

Hey Salsa, question about the OT.

For ModBot 1 you have a gif of the T-800 coming out of the time shift. But for ModBot 2 you didn't use a gif of the T-1000 coming out of the time shift. Whats with the inconsistency?

Not that this annoys me to the point that I can't look at the OT anymore...what? stop looking at me like that.

Mairu

What's Endless Space compare to? It looks kind of interesting but a little pricy for an indie game (sue me I'm used to cheap!)

I haven't been able to keep up with the thread past couple of days due to work =x

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
What's Endless Space compare to? It looks kind of interesting but a little pricy for an indie game (sue me I'm used to cheap!)

I haven't been able to keep up with the thread past couple of days due to work =x

It's a 4X game. So, similar to the Civilization series, but with a more in depth combat phase than the Civ series.

Thematically speaking, another similar game would be Galactic Civilization 2. But that title is usually too obscure for most people.

Picked up xcom uc for $17.50. lucky I checked had less than 30mins before it went back to $35

X-Com was $9.99 on steam. And in a few hours it will be in a $20.00 bundle with Civ 4 complete and Civilization 5 Gold.

For those new to Endless Space, the soundtrack is pay what you want on bandcamp.

http://gameaudiofactory.bandcamp.com/album/endless-space-soundtrack

a0116395959_2.jpg
Picked it up. my time in the game has been limited but I've heard great things about the music. Thanks for the heads up.

Tecl0n

I've yet to play it, but it seems to be a lot more beginner friendly than other 4x.

Salsa

Hey Salsa, question about the OT.

For ModBot 1 you have a gif of the T-800 coming out of the time shift. But for ModBot 2 you didn't use a gif of the T-1000 coming out of the time shift. Whats with the inconsistency?

Not that this annoys me to the point that I can't look at the OT anymore...what? stop looking at me like that.

I was too lazy to rip my T2 DVD (ripped the terminator 1 in order to make all the modbot gifs) so I just took the best youtube video I found. Couldnt find the time shift.

Mairu

I've yet to play it, but it seems to be a lot more beginner friendly than other 4x.

I should just hold off. My backlog isn't getting any smaller and I have enough cards that I should ignore it for now :O

Maybe after I move I'll finally get some time back to start playing stuff again

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

It is a little like Civilization in space.

Rafy

Off topic: Hey guys I wanna get bully before the deal ends,I put up a post with the games I have to trade at the moment on the steam trading thread. You can find it here
/off topic

Guys I seem to be having problems with gratuitous space battles, it doesn't drop cards, I had it open for an hour and nada...
Anybody else having the same problem?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-15F40FF8DB007BBD - Taken by Franklinator
FTL -- MB-F376821D8D1B92EE - Taken by Cuban Legend

GET THE GAMES.

BigDug13

Enjoying the sale so far, but it really sucks that every single "community choice" seems to be shit I've already bought even though only 1 out of the 3 choices each time are games I bought.

Salsa

I remember a gaffer sent me a brand new GTX 560 for one of the sales threads I made in 2010 or 11

I can't remember who he was, I feel like an ass

I (like to) think he worked for Nvidia or something tho. He wasn't very active.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I remember a gaffer sent me a brand new GTX 560 for one of the sales threads I made in 2010 or 11

He bought it with money he made mowing lawns, you monster.

Nimajneb

Enjoying the sale so far, but it really sucks that every single "community choice" seems to be shit I've already bought even though only 1 out of the 3 choices each time are games I bought.

The games that don't win will all be flash and daily deals later. The community choice vote is largely pointless.

chronomac

Damn. That's hardcore. I use my older Macbook for gaming so I wouldn't know what to do with a video card. I guess build a machine?

misterF

Neo Member
Civ IV Complete up for grabs! Gotta feed the ModBot!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-D952D5936F9D0AAE - Taken by Cth

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All these daily deals and flash sales and giveaways make me realize I have almost every game ever made except for the few that aren't on sale

I know how you feel! It's hard to find stuff to buy when you already have over 1,000 games in your Steam library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom