• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Ahh thanks for clarifying :D First steam sale I can actually participate in.

So, to recap, only the top sales get an encore sale generally?

Yea the list at the end is usually bigger than the other days but it's not every game. I'd like to be wrong but I don't think Antichamber will part of that list.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i_heart_ronan_camisetas.jpg

Haha.

YES!

Too bad this shield design isnt a shirt :(

This is still the best shield design the game has seen. :p I wish somebody had submitted it to the competition From/Scamco recently held to have it incorporated into Dark Souls 2 as an official item.

PhaZZe

Banned
My plan for today was
"i will play hotline miami all day because is fucking good but first lets farm some cards from Saints Row 3"
Now i can't stop playing SR3!

I'm debating purchasing Endless Space: Gold Edition. I've heard in terms of genre this game is comparable to Civilization V and Galactic Civilizations II. How does this hold up against GCII specifically? I found GCII had a steep learning curve.

I've been thinking about picking this up too. I haven't heard too much about this game, but if it's comparable to Civ V, then it's got my attention.

UrbanRats

So, the only two games i was interested in have already gone one sale (Bioshock Infinite and Fez).
Bioshock was still too much, Fez i bought.

I guess i'm already done with these sales?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm sure everyone is dying to play this
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition -- MB-C59FD714A314A93D

3phemeral

All right. Reposting this due to an honest mistake:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock 1 -- MB-EA0AE6B1E3B28FA8 - Taken by Tactics

Hopefully this still works out. :)

Enjoy!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is it easier/more accessible? I found myself overwhelmed with Gal Civ 2.

Quite. There is a integrated tutorial when you start a new game (you can turn it off in the options for later playthroughs). It does a good job of showing you the basics of the game and UI. Additionally, there are numerous quicklook/Impression videos that can also show you the basic mechanics of the game in video form.

Tip:
1. Don't start as the Harmony faction. They're the new faction in the Disharmony DLC. They operate differently than the other faction when it concerns, 'Dust' a main mechanic of all the other races. So it is probably better to use one of the other races during you're first game. Also, because they are living minerals they have other game mechanic restrictions.

Stoze

Just bought 3 games, yet I have an urge to replay Hotline Miami, and then play Left 4 Dead 2.

The backlog just keeps on getting bigger.

Really can't decide if I want Bully and all 4 of my friends who own it are offline.

If I have a PS2 lying around should I just play it on that?

Fracas

#fuckonami
is sniper any good? always wondered. (not gonna take it, I am waiting on fez. XD)

Yeah, it's not too bad. I bought it awhile back, but I've only played the first couple of levels. Basically a standard FPS with more of an emphasis on sniping. There's some normal combat though.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This is actually the first steam summer sale that I've had my ridiculously overpowered amazing gaming PC for. This time last year I was piecing it together and the games I bought I couldn't play until like October. Years before that I just had my MacBook so I couldn't really get anything too interesting.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
This is actually the first steam summer sale that I've had my ridiculously overpowered amazing gaming PC for. This time last year I was piecing it together and the games I bought I couldn't play until like October. Years before that I just had my MacBook so I couldn't really get anything too interesting.

oh man that sounds great, what kind of pc did you get? I was about to finally build a new PC but then i got the axe at work 3 weeks ago, so yea its gonna be awhile. Running on a 6 year old pc atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom