• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Poor college student, so I don't really have the funds to do any insane giveaways. BUT, you guys are so awesome I felt I at least had to do something. That's why I'm giving away a copy of Just Cause 2. Hope I did it right.

ModBot will take it from here.

I'm in the same boat, im skating razors edge, but ima make sure to give something back before the sale ends

Finally picked up Sleepy Dogs after seeing literally zero gameplay and having no clue what the game is actually about. Basing my purchase solely on GAF reviews.

Don't let me down ladies and gents.

I take full credit for your first four hours or so.

The rest? Blame Salsa or something.

Onionkid

Enjoying everyone's contributions, hope someone wants these! I've gotta dig through all my old bundle purchases to find all the keys I've got left, lol :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Edna and Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-FB5166C812817532 - Taken by 28 Posts Later
Painkiller Overdose -- MB-E495F18AEEE4D2A6 - Taken by Kifimbo

M*A*S*H

Has anyone had random games showing up in their inventories? I woke up and had a copy of Civ 4 show up in mine. Apologies if this has already been covered to death, I'm not going back through 10 or 20 pages to find out.

I'm in the same boat, im skating razors edge, but ima make sure to give something back before the sale ends

It's great to see the sale is still able to generate a fair deal of friendly givers, my only comment though is don't get too caught up if the recipient doesn't play it or wins a bunch of other giveaways (something that ModBot seems to be able to take care of). Personally I prefer to give for the sake of giving with no expectations on who the recipient is or what they do with the gift.

Onionkid

Has anyone had random games showing up in their inventories? I woke up and had a copy of Civ 4 show up in mine. Apologies if this has already been covered to death, I'm not going back through 10 or 20 pages to find out.

I'm sure someone can elaborate or correct me, but I think it had something to do with the Brave New World DLC being priced incorrectly?

Shiggy

For European gamers: Always check the prices on Amazon.com. They seem to price match some sales and thus they are even lower compared to the Steam € prices.

If you bought Brave New World, they say Civ 4 came with that.

cicero

It's great to see the sale is still able to generate a fair deal of friendly givers, my only comment though is don't get too caught up if the recipient doesn't play it or wins a bunch of other giveaways (something that ModBot seems to be able to take care of). Personally I prefer to give for the sake of giving with no expectations on who the recipient is or what they do with the gift.
This is the best way to do it, giving without expectations attached. Unless that person with your gift pulls a javadots, that is.

Mordeccai

FUCKKKK!

Two hour long FTL game. That stealth cruiser is such a little bastard. Hard as hell to start with, and I just got completely owned in phase 2 of the boss fight after slogging my way through all 8 sectors. Oh ,and to boot, I got the crystal guy, but not the final quest to find the crystal ship. God damn so close.

God dammit. I got one achievement during the run, but not the other two. Fucked out of dodging hazard zones because I warped into a zone surrounded by three of them with no way out, and I would have been able to dodge 9 points of damage in the droid phase of the boss fight if the god damn boarding droid hadn't fucked up my stealth systems immediately. He spawned right on top of that shit and ruined all those chances. TWO HOURS for not even a new ship.

God. Hate to love this game. Its now 6:13 AM and I think I should go to bed.

Damn you FTL. Damn you for being awesome.

FUCKKKK!

Two hour long FTL game. That stealth cruiser is such a little bastard. Hard as hell to start with, and I just got completely owned in phase 2 of the boss fight after slogging my way through all 8 sectors. Oh ,and to boot, I got the crystal guy, but not the final quest to find the crystal ship. God damn so close.

God dammit. I got one achievement during the run, the not the other two. Fucked out of dodging hazard zones because I warped into a zone surrounded by three of them with no way out, and I would have been able to dodge 9 points of damage in the droid phase of the boss fight if the god damn boarding droid hadn't fucked up my stealth systems immediately. He spawned right on top of that shit and ruined all those chances.

God. Hate to love this game. Its now 6:13 AM and I think I should go to bed.

Damn you FTL. Damn you for being awesome.
Stop saying all this good stuff. I'm avoiding it, lol. I bought something else from my wishlist instead....

CLBridges

Just bought and downloaded Hotline Miami and Bully: Scholarship edition. Steam is going to end up destroying my wallet!
Bring it on lol

Stop saying all this good stuff. I'm avoiding it, lol. I bought something else from my wishlist instead....

Everyone needs FTL in their life.

Explore those systems, expand your ship and crew and experiment with a million ways of dying!... I mean beating the final boss.

EDIT: Also how come we keep losing these community votes? Who are these people voting for all the wrong game or is it just that my vote really is cursed?

bakeray

ModBot said:
Bioshock mystery giveaway, I have an extra copy of Bioshock, not sure if it's 1 or 2. I have 4 keys and one of them is a working copy of one of the games, need to test them all till you find the one that works. I'll be putting a fake placeholder key in the Modbot information so please PM me if you win and I will send you the keys via PM for you to try out!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bakeray, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock ?? -- MB-95AC78F5BA43D0F7 - Taken by Kandrick

jamsy

Hey Gaffers, I'm an American living in Europe currently, so I'm stuck with crappy European prices even though my Steam account is American..

Can someone help me purchase a game in dollars that I can paypal them or whatever? Really want Arkham City.

Mordeccai

I am to mad to sleep.

Time to start another play through of FTL.

Oh, and buy the game, gaffers. This way, you too can share in my sadness and rage.

Man, I had my whole crew named after my family too. I thought we had a chance man. We were so close, guys. Your commander has failed you. :[

i has a general [non Seal related particularly] Steam question pls

If I gift a Steam friend a game but they then go to buy the same game before they notice my gift, does Steam say "Oi dopey! Your BFF has just gifted you this game so go and redeem it instead of buying it yourself sap head!"?

Or does it say nothing so that they buy it anyway meaning that I get stuck with a game in my inventory that I don't necessarily want?

End result being....

Gaben: [laughs]

derExperte

Got one Civ IV for you.

I wish there was a NOWINNERSDAILY option, a week is too much but a one day block would be great.

Let me know if it worked, first try giving a Steam gift away.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Civ IV -- MB-8C219FF8474A1787 - Taken by Onionkid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom