• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeccai

Salsa pls sleep

you are too awesome to die of sleep deprivation. Who will make the next summer seal thread man. you're the hero gaf deserves, AND the hero it needs.

Autofokus

Great, damn Telltale games stopped working properly.
Last week, I played Poker Night 2 and always after the title screen where it tries to connect to some server, the game just crashed. After 5-15 tries it worked, which doesn't really makes sense. I thought the game was just shitty optimized, but now, I have the same problem with TWD (played it the last time in March without those problems).

Fully deactivating my firewall, compatibility modes and stuff didn't work - my Win7 (64bit) is also up-to-date. The Steam Forums are full of this shit, but without any concrete solution. I wonder what happened between now and March. I changed more or less nothing special on my setup, besides monthly Win7 updates, added a HDD (on which the game isn't installed) and even didn't update my nvidia drivers since the Tomb Raider-fixing version (I installed the latest yesterday, didn't help either..).

Any suggestions?

RC

Banned
I am to mad to sleep.

Time to start another play through of FTL.

Oh, and buy the game, gaffers. This way, you too can share in my sadness and rage.

Man, I had my whole crew named after my family too. I thought we had a chance man. We were so close, guys. Your commander has failed you. :[

I stopped naming things after my first few playthroughs. They all wind up dead in the end anyhow.

Great, damn Telltale games stopped working properly.
Last week, I played Poker Night 2 and always after the title screen where it tries to connect to some server, the game just crashed. After 5-15 tries it worked, which doesn't really makes sense. I thought the game was just shitty optimized, but now, I have the same problem with TWD (played it the last time in March without those problems).

Fully deactivating my firewall, compatibility modes and stuff didn't work - my Win7 (64bit) is also up-to-date. The Steam Forums are full of this shit, but without any concrete solution. I wonder what happened between now and March. I changed more or less nothing special on my setup, besides monthly Win7 updates, added a HDD (on which the game isn't installed) and even didn't update my nvidia drivers since the Tomb Raider-fixing version (I installed the latest yesterday, didn't help either..).

Any suggestions?
It's not just you. I think their servers are getting hammered, I can't get TWD to go past that screen either.

Oh well, it still gives up cards. :lol

chugen

By your avatar alone, you deserve all of the new friends in the world.

Isn't that truly what friendship is all about?

Friendship is about Hotline Miami!
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-55B1A9B5407B90FE - Taken by ChaoticPotion

cicero

Everyone needs FTL in their life.

Explore those systems, expand your ship and crew and experiment with a million ways of dying!... I mean beating the final boss.

To be quite honest, I actually prefer the slow death of asphyxiation after I have barely won a hard fought battle, but not before they crippled my ship and crew. I hear the soft clinking of the FTL music as everything goes red and my hollow lifeless ship becomes a derelict in Space, waiting to be salvaged by uncaring Space looters looking for a quick buck to fund their Space drug addictions. Someday they will hit rock bottom and finally go to the Space Betty Ford clinic, but not before my precious ship is cut to pieces.

Mordeccai

Ok time to try to get this alternate Rock cruiser now.

If this run through goes as well as the last... I will be two more hours out of sleep and even more angry. Oh, and a damn tropical storm is supposed to hit Florida sometime today so I can't even go to the pool to swim it off.

I am feeling more like Picard now. I will channel his ego, and use my new found lessons from failed space exploration to hopefully allow my crew to succeed in our mission. My ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Toothpick

So what is the best value multiplayer game that will likely go up on sale? I'm trying to get some friends to buy a Chivalry 4-pack tomorrow (they dont have the best PCs for running games, or a lot of cash to spare). I was thinking Counter-strike GO would be nice. We already own L4D2 too.

one more question: To win a giveaway, do you copy the whole line with the game name or just the code provided?

The walking dead would have been my 2012 game of the year...if they had released a simple patch, but they didn't so it wasn't.

FTL was my game of the year. It doesn't last forever, but I got 38 hours of play out of it before I was done. I enjoyed every bit of it.

I recommend people buy FTL. Everybody on my friend list who didn't have it now has. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

sprinkles

So what is the best value multiplayer game that will likely go up on sale? I'm trying to get some friends to buy a Chivalry 4-pack tomorrow (they dont have the best PCs for running games, or a lot of cash to spare). I was thinking Counter-strike GO would be nice. We already own L4D2 too.
Take a look at Natural Selection 2.

Toki767

It's not much, but I had this sitting unused for a while so I hope someone enjoys it.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Telltale Games Humble Bundle -- MB-E32CFDAB4867079A - Taken by nightstorm

cicero

The walking dead would have been my 2012 game of the year...if they had released a simple patch, but they didn't so it wasn't.

FTL was my game of the year. It doesn't last forever, but I got 38 hours of play out of it before I was done. I enjoyed every bit of it.

I recommend people buy FTL. Everybody on my friend list who didn't have it now has. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

I came back to it months later after my initial frenzy, you should too. It was almost as much as a revelation the second time around as it was the first.

-MD-

I'm going to go to bed and wake up every day during this sale hoping Rogue Legacy gets cheaper and every day I will be disappointed.

chugen

I said goddamn. <3

oh you
Rouquin--rougit.gif

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I just got up and started laughing because Tropico won the vote XD

ModBot said:
I have benefitted from some games here so thought I'd share the love. I will eventually play FTL but I have so many other games on the go, it would be nice for someone to get the use now. Best of luck!

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

FTL: Faster than Light -- MB-42066915032E2C37 - Taken by NingenJanai

Mildudon

Hope this works.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Breath of Death VII -- MB-96A4331AA80903EF - Taken by chugen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom