• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I was able to get Machinarium from a previous ModBot giveaway, I've decided to give back to GAF and do one of my own!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-F75D7FBBBAA42041 - Taken by cicero
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-C9703A264A2847A5 - Taken by xDEKOIx
Hotline Miami -- MB-F0CD2C2F10EBE013 - Taken by Tellaerin
Fractal -- MB-0BB42B96769AF154 - Taken by Toki767

Is Arkham City as good as Asylum? Tempted but not entirely convinced :/

I enjoyed City a lot more than Asylum. I enjoyed exploring the city and it just felt better for me - the side missions, the main missions, everything.

I did play City on my brand new gaming PC in last year's summer sale so it may have swayed my mind a bit!

XShagrath

So I get my second community card today, and it's the same damned Reus card! Fuck you, RNG!

Anyone need a spare Reus card and want to trade it for any of the other community cards?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
thread's moving too fast for me :p

So I get my second community card today, and it's the same damned Reus card! Fuck you, RNG!

Anyone need a spare Reus card and want to trade it for any of the other community cards?
Supposedly I have a card that came with the copy of FTL I bought earlier today. I'll gift it to you if you walk me through it..

derExperte

Is Arkham City as good as Asylum? Tempted but not entirely convinced :/

I don't think it is. Still played for over 40hrs but I liked the more restricted structure of Asylum and it's more focused story better, I felt that City had too much side stuff that distracted me.

EU must have other sellection then, don't see Reus. Reus is a Dutch game by the way, "Reus" means "giant". And it is not pronounced like in the trailers, that's just to make it easier for non Dutch speakers to pronounce.

You've got me curious nao!

I correctly guessed how it would be pronounced in the trailer [GO ME!] but I wonder if it's possible for you to phonetically approximate how it is correctly pronounced for us non Dutch speaking chappies please?

NIGHT-

Hey guys! Just bought a few more games.... Yea.. I have no clue what my bank account is and I plan to keep it that way lol!

Just a friendly reminder that I'm still far from the friends list limit and that I am a very lonely man and would love to have more of you people bother me with Steam chats while I'm trying to play a goddamn game
but should actually be finishing my thesis.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobneila/

Was going to add you since I just finished my thesis 2 weeks ago, but I see you're already on my friends list :p Good luck either way!

Mordeccai

Dude.

This Rock Cruiser is totally screwing me in ftl. I am now reminded why in my 45 hours of previous play time I only used it twice.

I have shot four missiles at this ship, and all four have missed. They're so damn slow to load!

FTL, y u no gimme a break?!?

Leonsito

One thing I don't think I understand about cards is:

-Let's imagine I only have one game, ie: Team Fortress 2.
-I will only get 5 cards playing it.
-If I want the full set, I obviously can't trade my cards 1:1, because I will lost them.
-I have to resort to buying them for real money in the market, or a friend gift them to me, right?
-When I craft a badge, can I get more cards by playing it, or that happens only once?

Toki767

-If I want the full set, I obviously can't trade my cards 1:1, because I will lost them.
-I have to resort to buying them for real money in the market, or a friend gift them to me, right?
-When I craft a badge, can I get more cards by playing it, or that happens only once?

You'll get booster packs every once in a while as more badges are crafted by others. That said, people seem to be putting most of their cards on the market instead of crafting so getting boosters is probably going to slow down.

Last GAFer who claimed a gift to give away got a lot of flack for it so I would hunker down if I were you!

I can return it if it's not allowed...I haven't given it out or anything.

You can trade cards from different games for cards of the game you want. And you can also get booster packs that contain another 3 cards.

That is all there is to it. You understand. Technically you can also get drops of booster sets of cards, but they are very rare and infrequent.

In practice? Pick a badge you want and sell or trade cards from other games where you don't want the badge.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass

Only once. You might get a booster pack every now and then (not very often at all, I've gotten 2 since the beta) which contains 3 cards one or more of which could possibly be but probably aren't foils.

edit: you fuckers above me are too quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom