• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I don't think I understand about cards is:

-Let's imagine I only have one game, ie: Team Fortress 2.
-I will only get 5 cards playing it.
-If I want the full set, I obviously can't trade my cards 1:1, because I will lost them.
-I have to resort to buying them for real money in the market, or a friend gift them to me, right?
-When I craft a badge, can I get more cards by playing it, or that happens only once?
The idea is that you have more than one game, so you can favour certain ones and trade the cards of the others.

Where the whole system breaks down for me is being able to complete one set isn't an unreasonable feat, but including five levels for the badges and then having foils as another thing there just for the sake of it ends up making for something that just comes off as transparently wanting you to use the market. Along with the whole Steam level thing that changes it from picking and choosing favourite games to rep to encouraging gotta have 'em all.

Because it's the more focused experience?

I do believe so. It's much less of a stretch that the events of Asylum took place over a single night-- and it's more than possible to finish it in "real-time".

That said, I've only played City the once, and so I really took the time to go off the path. I'm sure City can be as focused as you want it to be. I'll try going that route after I finish this Hard Asylum run I've been doing on and off for the past month or so.

Should I buy Don't Starve now or wait for a better deal?

JakeD

everyone should get farming simulator... even if its just to drive around in tractors for 45 minutes with a friend. you will get 9 bucks worth of laughs

People thinking of getting Arkham City should bear in mind that the DRM is an atrocious combo of Steam, GFWL and SecuROM.

There is a possibility of GFWL being removed fairly soon, but for now it's there, and along with SecuROM it can really fuck up your experience.

I really, really want to purchase both titles but the DRM has always held me back. I just want to be able to play them long after I retire my PS3. What kind of DRM does Asylum use?

Angry Fork

Is Hitman Absolution worth it if it gets picked by the community? I love stealth games but it feels it has gotten a mixed reaction from fans on here. What are the pros/cons?

Sini

HtQuhr6.jpg

My Wallet balance and total spent are exactly the same. Does it bring me good luck?

I really, really want to purchase both titles but the DRM has always held me back. I just want to be able to play them long after I retire my PS3. What kind of DRM does Asylum use?

I think it's the exact same DRM. If you want to buy both of them I suggest waiting for the cheapest price possible (they used to go for $5 both on Amazon I think). I've bought Asylum until now but have yet to install it (I've played it on PS3 though).

Dr Dogg

Morning folks. How's... Wait what? 350 odd pages in a day and a half?!?! Not even the Crimbo sale was that hectic and that was mainly disgust with repeating daily deals. Well guess I got a lot of catching up to do.

Mordeccai

I have never seen that scene before or heard of that movie.

Holy shit, the face that guy with the awesome hair makes towards the end. I'm crying, that has to be giffed somewhere

Question on Chivalry: what is the set up in terms of community and ability of the community to create new content (I.e mod tools, custom servers, maps etc)?

Arkham City has objectively better systems than Asylum-- combat, traversal, detection-- but for some reason I like Asylum more. They're both great, though.

Good I am yet to get to them in my backlog. I played the City demo and thought "oh, I must play these" and then Amazon came along and said "take these gaems off ma hands for pennies" so I said "Don't mind if I do. Thanks awfully old chap."

He got Javadots banned bro. He is a champion. True to his name.

Nah, javadots did that to himself.

Monk just helped him do it; so generous of spirit that Monk <3.

Martian

Question on Chivalry: what is the set up in terms of community and ability of the community to create new content (I.e mod tools, custom servers, maps etc)?

It's not too large I believe.
I have never played on a custom map (I saw them though)

I believe it uses SDK, if Im correct

Salsa

I have never seen that scene before or heard of that movie.

Holy shit, the face that guy with the awesome hair makes towards the end. I'm crying, that has to be giffed somewhere

first scene is better, but the dude licking his fingers after the bj is nothing short of brilliant

Ok I admit, I don't know. What the hell is Garry's Mod and should I buy it?
It's basically a Source engine playground. Import models from other Source games, use models imported to Source for use in Garry's mod, screw around with physics, play the wacky gametypes people make up with the scripting system, sky's the limit. It's very robust.

Or you could just make sex poses with the ragdolls.

Whools

Ok I admit, I don't know. What the hell is Garry's Mod and should I buy it?

Basically Half Life 2's engine in a sandbox where you can spawn any prop from hl, or any other valve game you own and play with it. the community also makes cool stuff with these tools, props, weapons gamemodes etc.
It's most fun played online in one of the gamemodes, like TTT or something

Decker

Anyone interested in Chivalry 4 pack ?

18.74$ / 4 = 4.68$ each

Two slots are available

- me
- monsterfracas
- <available>
- <available>

PM me if you are interested. Paypal only

Status
Not open for further replies.