• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically a Source engine playground. Import models from other Source games, use models imported to Source for use in Garry's mod, screw around with physics, play the wacky gametypes people make up with the scripting system, sky's the limit. It's very robust.

Or you could just make sex poses with the ragdolls.

Ohhh... kay

I think I'll skip it, but thanks for the explanation. :p

Basically Half Life 2's engine in a sandbox where you can spawn any prop from hl, or any other valve game you own and play with it. the community also makes cool stuff with these tools, props, weapons gamemodes etc.
It's most fun played online in one of the gamemodes, like TTT or something

Thanks to you too.

Good I am yet to get to them in my backlog. I played the City demo and thought "oh, I must play these" and then Amazon came along and said "take these gaems off ma hands for pennies" so I said "Don't mind if I do. Thanks awfully old chap."

It might do you well to play them in September or early October in anticipation of Origins. Well, if you're getting Origins at launch, at least. Although there's always that risk of burnout. Perhaps August for Asylum, September for City, and then October for Origins?

Time to take a nap, thanks again to the people who gifted me things. Really do appreciate the kindness, I'll give away a few more things before the sale is up.

Tactics

Modbot's great, but let's try a little brainteaser for a change:

---English Country Tune Giveaway---

If you don't have this great puzzle game yet, here's your chance to grab it for free!

To get the game, all you need to do is answer the following question:

What is the sum of all the natural numbers from 1 to 100?
(To clarify: You're supposed to add up all the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,...,100)

First correct answer wins!

(Please don't spoil the fun by posting the answer if you're not interested in the actual game)

Dr Dogg

Hmm, whats a good game to buy to just play some music and zone out?

Beat Hazard does let you feed you own music library in and generates the levels based on that. Or has a rss feed integration if you want to point it at interwebs radio. Don't really think you'll last long zoning out though unless you play something slow.

Other than that Audiosurf has you covered.

Physics sandbox with posable characters to take amusing pictures of.

I put a quite a few hours into it back in the day.

(edit) Dammit!

I dunno maybe it's worth the $2.49, but I'm being very stingy as I only have $15 left to spend on the sale.

edit: shouldn't have clicked, but I was warned.

Vargavinter

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization IV -- MB-C3C9A76F5838EE01 - Taken by Darkroronoa

Have fun guys. :)

It might do you well to play them in September or early October in anticipation of Origins. Well, if you're getting Origins at launch, at least. Although there's always that risk of burnout. Perhaps August for Asylum, September for City, and then October for Origins?

Thanks for the suggestion but I doubt I would buy Origins at launch anyway. Plus as you say there is the risk of burnout. I'm currently trying to clear some smaller, indie games out of my backlog before I get to some of the beefier games like the Arkhams, BioShock etc. Of course I intend to buy loads of indie games in the Seal but hey, at least I'm trying. I am looking forward to starting Asylum though so hope I get to it soon.

Andrea23

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-41085E74EF48C585 - Taken by Spiffy_1st

: )

Hey, what I miss? (20 fucking pages in 6 hours)

And Arkham City is one of the best games ever. Everyone should play it

Toma must be depressed. Reus didn't win the vote

Voted Hitman Absolution. Wasn't the best in the series, but the Hitman games were my introduction to stealth and my all time favorites

Apdiddy

Alright, I've heard good things about Fez.

Fez is an OK game, but having played/beaten it on XBLA, I'm not sure if it's worth getting again.

If you are perfectly fine with giving Phil Fish your money and/or can separate the game from him, then get it. I would highly recommend not paying attention to any walkthroughs and try to solve the game on your own.

The only drawback is other than the puzzles and completionist nature of the game, there is virtually no challenge to the game.

Salsa

Fez is an OK game, but having played/beaten it on XBLA, I'm not sure if it's worth getting again.

If you are perfectly fine with giving Phil Fish your money and/or can separate the game from him, then get it. I would highly recommend not paying attention to any walkthroughs and try to solve the game on your own.

The only drawback is other than the puzzles and completionist nature of the game, there is virtually no challenge to the game.

fez is amazing and phil fish is the best

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe people still dislike Phil fish. He even recommended FTL on twitter. FTL! Whats not to like?

xDEKOIx

wtf? My gf just crafted a scribblenauts badge and hit level 5 about an hour or so ago. And she just got a booster pack right now.

derExperte

I can't believe people still dislike Phil fish. He even recommended FTL on twitter. FTL! Whats not to like?

If people would stop hating Phil I would stop supporting him. He's the FC Bayern München of game devs, people hate him because he's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom