• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onionkid

Yeah its great. The only reason I don't have chronicles yet on steam is that I 100% it on PSP. I'll double dip eventually but I can wait for a 75% off in a next sale.

So, I asked earlier but no one responded. How similar is it to the Master System version? Which I think is just Ys 1? I guess I'm about to bite if it's just the first two games, with nicer graphics.

scottzorus

Neo Member
Just played the demo of Ys Origin with a controller and wasn't liking it until I put always dash on and Hold attack to use special

Now all three games will magically end up in my steam library

Salsa

I have now 60 games. Jesus...

tumblr_lic6r3nqF41qd99mho1_250.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Fez is technically a daily deal, even though it's on for three days, right? I can't see it going lower. Will wait until tomorrow to see if I still want it anyway.

Volcynika

So, I asked earlier but no one responded. How similar is it to the Master System version? Which I think is just Ys 1? I guess I'm about to bite if it's just the first two games, with nicer graphics.

First two games, cleaner graphical style, you can choose which version's music you want to use and such.

Played 8 hours of Dark Souls, never really found it difficult it was really engaging what I played of it but once I saw the game was opening up quite a lot I just felt overwhelmed by the lack of direction. Which is nice that I'm not being forced up one way but I just couldn't be bothered anymore.

I might get back to it, the combat is brilliant by the way.

Read the key features on the store page, it explaines the upgrades well. It's mostly extra soundtrack remixes and redone artwork.

Okay so those trading card bots are ostensibly useless for the duration of the summer sale, I'm guessing.

"You are in position 208 of 222."

Yeah, how about no?

Just found out about a game called La-Mulana today. Waiting for it to go 75% off, looks amazing.

I would recommend really playing it with a walkthrough after maybe the 2nd or 3rd area...

There are parts no one could ever figure out themselves, I think. The walkthrough I used even said something like "I needed to translate some of the japanese ones, because I didnt know how to progress".

Whools

I have now 60 games. Jesus... I should stop buying stuff but then again... Levels...

Level 6 now just 4 more for 10 >_>

I think I had like 30 at the start of June, thanks to a run of good humble bundles and this sale, I'm sitting at 70. I don't even have a desktop, and my laptop can barely run half my games.

Tenrius

I was out of steam and gaf a couple of months for my work and man the new system of steam of cards, levels, experience, etc. Is too much in a very bad way, requires too much time and money

Before was just buy games and don't play it and with the sales was just little games or achievements

Requires too much money? On the contrary, it makes you money.

It's stupid that there is no mention on the front page of Ys OiF en Origin also being a flash sale. Most people will just pick up Chronicles, hate the old school systems and don't give the others a chance.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hope Dark Souls wins the current vote, I'd love to snag it for under $10. I'm hoping it does, since XCOM was just on sale for the community vote price and I dunno how popular hitman is.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Two days. But yes, daily deal, buy it.
Oh, I think it spans three days for me because of my time zone. I have it on the 360 already so have the luxury of waiting for future seasonal sales, trying to limit purchases to what credit I can make from selling cards and that, stick mostly to indies I'm interested in around the £5 and under mark. I just got back into PC gaming so have a bunch of the bigger games on console already.

I would recommend really playing it with a walkthrough after maybe the 2nd or 3rd area...

There are parts no one could ever figure out themselves, I think. The walkthrough I used even said something like "I needed to translate some of the japanese ones, because I didnt know how to progress".

Yes, I would recommend going in completely blind at first. Try to figure stuff out, the beginning is doable. Later on, before you get frustrated, look at a guide to see what your next move should be.

The game is very open, the world isn't small and some off the puzzles are really impossible to solve unless you acidentally stumble on the solution with trial and error.

DukeBobby

Voted for Hitman: Absolution, but only because Dark Souls and XCOM have already been on sale.

If it wins, don't buy it. It's a sorry excuse for a Hitman game.

EDIT: Unless you've never played a Hitman game before. In which case, play Blood Money.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It is recommended for new players to start with Ys Oath in Felghana. They are all great games though, but the first two can feel pretty outdated.

I had to ditch out for work and have no steam access so I'll miss the other two if it's a flash deal. Oh well, I'll try later. :p

It's stupid that there is no mention on the front page of Ys OiF en Origin also being a flash sale. Most people will just pick up Chronicles, hate the old school systems and don't give the others a chance.

WTF thank you because I didn't even get an email about that....Glad I came into this thread. Time to buy all 3 even though I own OiF and YS1 and 2 on PSP lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom