• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cimarron

Is Gary's mod and Y's worth the money? I am a fan of old school JRPGS and I have always eyeballed Y's ever since the old day of the Turbo Grafx-16. Gary mod seems interesting but I can't figure out what type of game it is exactly.

CobbFC09

No chance Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition ($4.99) and Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition ($7.49) go any lower right?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just as an FYI, guys, La-Mulana is 50% off during the Summer Sale if you haven't gotten it yet. We've confirmed that there won't be any flash or summer sales for it with Valve, so get this is the cheapest it's going to be for the duration of the sale.

Is Gary's mod and Y's worth the money? I am a fan of old school JRPGS and I have always eyeballed Y's ever since the old day of the Turbo Grafx-16. Gary mod seems interesting but I can't figure out what type of game it is exactly.

If you're interested in goofy multiplayer Source mods, Garry's Mod is absolutely worth the price. I've played it for nearly forty hours.

Just as an FYI, guys, La-Mulana is 50% off during the Summer Sale if you haven't gotten it yet. We've confirmed that there won't be any flash or summer sales for it with Valve, so get this is the cheapest it's going to be for the duration of the sale.

Dang. Thanks for the heads-up!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Chances of seeing CoD BLOPS2 as a 75% daily? Is there a precedent of a current CoD being sold that cheap?

As for Bioshock Infinite, I will take my chances waiting for 75%.

derExperte

So is The Walking Dead on PC buggy or what? I'm tempted to try it for 6€ .

It eats save games from time to time. Does that on the 360 too afair. Luckily I made it through without that problem.

Chances of seeing CoD BLOPS2 as a 75% daily? Is there a precedent of a current CoD being sold that cheap?

No chance.

And Infinite won't be cheaper during this sale.

antitrop

Bought, then.

Oublieux

So is The Walking Dead on PC buggy or what? I'm tempted to try it for 6€ .

It's not buggy in terms of saving if you're talking about that glitch, but it does lag with one of the shadow settings on if you have an AMD card (although I personally didn't notice too much).

Deques

BLOPS 2 is already a daily, and it's not 75%
Bioshock Infinite was yesterday's daily and wont go higher than 50%

You are out of luck :/

Volotaire

Probably never honestly fo COD. Check steam prices comparison.

Bioshock Infinite is 50% Daily Deal already , it won't go lower in this sale. Of course, different sales or sales later in the year might vary./

Jeb

Apparently, I'm an idiot for buying a 30% off game on first day of steam sales,so what are the tricks of the trade guys?
Hold off on the 50% and downward? wait for the 50 to 75%?
Are most games likely to go lower?

Salsa

you dont fool me with your dirty tricks

la mulana -80% tomorrow confirmed

Volotaire

Apparently, I'm an idiot for buying a 30% off game on first day of steam sales,so what are the tricks of the trade guys?
Hold off on the 50% and downward? wait for the 50 to 75%?
Are most games likely to go lower?

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

ANd read OP!!!!!!!!!!

Salaadin

Ys 1&2 are great. Theyre older titles so certain things dont really feel "normal" compared to todays standards but that feeling is gone after 20 mins with the combat. Theyre still very playable.

The Oath in Felghana and Origin are also fantastic. Theyre a steal right now at reduced prices. If they hit dailies or flash, then even better. Such great games.

Jeb

I made a good decision?

Yay.

Ys 1&2 are great. Theyre older titles so certain things dont really feel "normal" compared to todays standards but that feeling is gone after 20 mins with the combat. Theyre still very playable.

The Oath in Felghana and Origin are also fantastic. Theyre a steal right now at reduced prices. If they hit dailies or flash, then even better. Such great games.

They are flash deals right now. Just not featured on the front page sadly.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Must resist from getting them. I have to save for Tomb Raider...

smr00

Banned
Ended buying the 3 ys games even though i already own the LE's on PSP.

Couldn't resist, i love em! Now i gotta idle a bunch of games and sell cards to recoup some of the money i spent. I have a feeling i will idle games for hours without any cads like i did last night.

Voted for Hitman: Absolution, but only because Dark Souls and XCOM have already been on sale.

If it wins, don't buy it. It's a sorry excuse for a Hitman game.

EDIT: Unless you've never played a Hitman game before. In which case, play Blood Money.
So true. Blood Money was my first Hitman and my first stealth game. It ignited me passion for the genre.

Absolution was a disappointing Hitman game, but a good stealth action game

Rafy

if anyone wants Mark of The Ninja I can trade it for a copy of chivalry.

EDIT: Nevermind, mixed up the tabs on my browser, wrong thread.

Whools

bought OG bioshock for a fiver, I will play it and it's pretty much the best deal i could get, and yet I feel dirty for my continued weak willpower

Volotaire

Which part?, are you referring to the same flashy text you just posted? or is there something I missed?

Everything!!!!

Here's how it goes dude.

The Daily/Flash sakles are the lowest the games will go for.

If games are not on dailes and flahs then you cna buy them on the last day

Use steam price chekers to compare prices across all previous sales and currencies/.

smr00

Banned
bought OG bioshock for a fiver, I will play it and it's pretty much the best deal i could get, and yet I feel dirty for my continued weak willpower
You could of gotten Bioshock 1 + Bioshock 2 over at amazon for $4.99 before the 15% discount code :(

AC Assault Horizon needs a 66 to 75%
Remember Me needs a 33 to 40% (being realistic about this game not being more than a couple of month old)
I Really wished FC3 + BD bundle would be up to 50% :(
Tomb Raider needs 66 to 75% too.
Torchlight will be 75% and I'll be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom