• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Before I pull the trigger on the Ys games I just wanted to make sure I understand this right. Even if they later become a daily deal, they shouldn't be cheaper than the current Flash deal price right?

That is correct. And even if they did, chances are is that it would be 75% only, which would mean 1.34 bucks cheaper. But it most likely won't happen this sale, unless they make some sort of mistake.

Edit: It seems i'm an idiot.

Wow thanks I didn't know the other Ys were on sale! I will pick them up as well. What order should I play them in? I am an old school gamer so vintage gameplay won't bother me.

You could just play them in order Ys 1, Ys 2, OiF, then Origins.

Playing 1 and 2 before Origins would have better impact on the story(although story isn't what Ys series is about, but I think Origins is actually quite good). OiF you can play any time

chugen

oh hai

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

McPixel (2) -- MB-3C09261CA80F42E4 - Taken by Gaz Pwnage
Just Cause 2 -- MB-A67A2F668FBC338F - Taken by PixyJunket
McPixel (1) -- MB-D21A68F4F1CFE017 - Taken by Copons

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Can you confirm/deny future Trading Card support?

PS: You better say confirm.

Also, any news on future Japanese stuff coming to Steam from you guys?

Future Japanese stuff: That's up to all of you. We probably have to go through Greenlight again.

Trading cards: In the works. We would have had them ready to go Day 1 had that been an option.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished playing Thunder Wolves and that was a lot of fun, a fun arcade helicopter shooter. I'd certainly recommend if you see it cheap in the sale. Took around 3 hrs on normal but I paid under £3 for it from GMG so it was good value. Plus you can 3 star each difficulty for more replayability, unlock choppers etc.

Not mindblowing but a very enjoyable title for the price I paid.

Rezbit

Actually wondering whether to just sell the cards I get and put it towards a cheap indie game. But knowing Valve badges/xp will go even further to some other metagame!

You could just play them in order Ys 1, Ys 2, OiF, then Origins.

Playing 1 and 2 before Origins would have better impact on the story(although story isn't what Ys series is about, but I think Origins is actually quite good). OiF you can play any time

I thought that the order was Origins, I & II and then OiF

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I'm finally running out of games to buy (within my budget), but still waiting for Max Payne 3 to get nice and low

Don't starve, I fear, will have to wait for another sale

Sbik

Neo Member
Am I missing something or does it require higher steam level to access the achievement showcase function? Im level 5 by the way.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Future Japanese stuff: That's up to all of you. We probably have to go through Greenlight again.

Trading cards: In the works. We would have had them ready to go Day 1 had that been an option.

Does Playism only publish or do they develop? I was looking for a career section on the website.

Tecl0n

What is the fourth flash (the one that's not gmod, ys or farming) sale game, and third community choice (neither absolution nor xcom) game? since they seem to be out of my region.

Mildudon

Come one come all

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-2505C67C916D4275 - Taken by nightstorm
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-74823B8B85A267EC - Taken by Shadowplay1979

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom