• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Chronologically, yes. But it's better to first play I&II and Origin afterwards. Origin gives a deeper backstory about the events that led to Ys I&II.

What was their order in terms of release date? I have Origin and it's my first Ys title, and while it's fun I haven't had the time to invest. Is Ys I&II similar in terms of combat? Better or worse?

Also same question for OiF.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So far I've picked up :
Bioshock Infinite : 29.99
FTL : 2.49
Dear Esther : 2.49

Infinite Broke my $10 rule for steam sales but I have been specifically waiting for summer sale to pick it up.

From now on I'm limiting myself to under $10 games.

Yea right, "Limiting myself LOL"

ALSO PLEASE VOTE DARK SOULS!!!!

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
A vote for Dark Souls is a vote for Japanese publishers to take the western PC market seriously.

Seems they already ditched games for windows live with Dark Souls II, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

There seems to be a slow swing over to pc...Konami is getting its asses in gear this year...2 castlevanias and 2 metal gears coming. Hopefully we'll get more rpgs...imagine Ni No Kuni on pc...

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Picked up X-COM and Hotline Miami so far. Definitely the first purchases, and most assuredly not the last, of the Steam Summer Sale for me.

So far I've picked up :
Bioshock Infinite : 29.99
FTL : 2.49
Dear Esther : 2.49

Infinite Broke my $10 rule for steam sales but I have been specifically waiting for summer sale to pick it up.

From now on I'm limiting myself to under $10 games.

Yea right, "Limiting myself LOL"

Amazon had Infinite for $25 yesterday

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Why buy it from Steam when it's available from GOG?

Yep, it's the better version as well (simply due to not having TAGES) but if it's because he wants as part of his Steam list then out of luck unfortunately.

This blows my mind, why release it on Steam with TAGES if you're willing to release it without DRM?

It was released on Steam first ages before the GOG I think. Shame they never went and removed TAGES though. Risen had it and the devs were allowed to update it to remove it eventually.

Autofokus

BIT.TRIP Runner 2 is awesome, shameful that I never heard of the game before. Now I regret that I didn't buy the character pack DLC too, when it was on the flash sale. :)

kakashi08

Chivalry yes or no?

Also whats the difference between the regular $6.24 and the "4-pack" that's for $18.74, like what extras does it contain. It doesn't say on steam. I don't think it does, didn't see it.

Rat Salad

Banned
I just bought a new 6core pc, still need to upgrade the 7850 ati card and power supply it came so this is my pretty mych my first taste of Steam. Went with some true classics since my 8 year old machine would chocke on older games. Grabbed San Andreas,Doom 3 BFG edition, and Shoot many robots, all 4 $25.00 Not bad. Microsoft need to lure Steam over to the X1 would make my purchase even better later this year. Btw-configuring a pad to play nice with San Andreas.....what a bitch! Patch the damn game R* Playing on k/m instead, actually its not bad at all. Thinking of grabbing the whole Tomb Raider collection next. But i hate backlogs. Still damn tempting though. One of fav series.

Salsa

Do we think Hotline Miami is going to go lower since it is a daily deal?

and what do we say to people who ask stuff like this

XhKdNOm.jpg

read the op

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
oh im mostly just savoring the fact that others can never get it now

but yeah its a great game

One of the few blind spots of my gaming life. I actually own it on Steam and should get to it sometime. Why did it get pulled?

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
I hope Square Enix brings their shit to PC too.

SQEN: so we developed FF15 to run on the highest PC's available, but we dont think we will bring it to pc because most peopel dont own PC's that powerful...instead we will be porting it down to ps4 and xbone.

makes perfect sense ;p

Not that it matters, Tetsuya Nomura FF's are garbage anyway..... i want a nice HD port of FF9 and 12 to pc....i'm sure that will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom