• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice guys. I bought Ys 1and 2. I a going to hold off on being greedy and buying the others. Just in case I don't like them.
Ys Oath and Origin play pretty different so even if you don't like 1 and 2, I would recommend giving the demo of those a chance.

Also, I have had the Ship for a long time, but haven't been able to play online. Is there any way to play now?

Prophane33

Woohoo some more idling and card sales and I'll be rich!!

I'm almost at $6 on steam cards alone. not bad for someone who started with 0 to spend on this steam sale. With 13 more games to go through Eurotruck will be mine*

*as long as it's on flash sale again or daily deal.

For the un-initiated:

Things worth picking up currently on sale and unlikely to cost substantially less, ever:

Scribblenauts Unlimited: Anything you write comes into the game world. Is fully interactive. Solve puzzles. Game is a little on the kiddie side but well worth the novelty. -$4.99

FTL - Rogue style game where you have a ship and you take it through space. Highly addicting. - $2.49

Hotline Miami - Arguably best in-game soundtrack. Very cool pixel-type art, incredibly punchy action from a top down perspective. Reminiscent of old GTA games. - $2.49

Left 4 Dead 2 - Probably the best multiplayer co-op experience. Fast paced zombie killing action with 3 other friends. Many many modes and more content than you'll ever get through. - $4.99

All of these also have cards.

Zia

Okay. I was sticking to must-haves because I have way too much to play as is, but I broke and picked up Just Cause 2 and Garry's Mod for some sandboxy weirdness.

cicero

Yep, it's the better version as well (simply due to not having TAGES) but if it's because he wants as part of his Steam list then out of luck unfortunately.

It was released on Steam first ages before the GOG I think. Shame they never went and removed TAGES though. Risen had it and the devs were allowed to update it to remove it eventually.
Atari is currently in the process of auctioning off all of their IP this month. I would buy it from GOG now during their current 65% off Atari catalog weekend Promo if you are interested. I am certainly picking up whatever I want that I haven't already bought. Who knows if whoever ends up with the rights will pull the games or not.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/23/ata...stable-of-ip-in-july-to-curb-bankruptcy-loss/

Bloodsent

Can't decide if I should finally pick up both Batman games or not yet. Any word of if Amazon was planning on having a sale again, where they were both for $10?

Salsa

drinking coffee from the pot without having slept and ive been idling sleeping dogs for 2 hours in order to get 4 cards that sold for 0.10 each

is this really my life

why did my gf leave me

mrgone

Has the Turrok series ever been released on PC? I mean the first two.... Wish Steam had them.

Dinosaur murderin' is most of what Steam is all about. But there are no N64 games on Steam because Steam is also about fun.

:3

That looks like a weird happy face smiley to let you know that it's okay to laugh, but it's actually my derisive ascii impression of that Turok end boss that is a dude with a moustache riding a t-rex. Fuck, now I want the Turok games on Steam.

Rat Salad

Banned
grief go home youre drunk

Turok 2 definitely had a PC release. Don't remember how well it turned out, I'm sure the mouse controls were horrific.

Seems like a lifetime ago heh. I'd kill for it on Steam, just as long as we can save more frequently than once every blue moon, N64 version was awful for doing that, heh. I guess maybe a few 3rd party app like joy to key would fine tune the mouse issues abit for Turok 2. Going to try and hunt the game down on Ebay. Thanks for the info.

Grief.exe

Atari is currently in the process of auctioning off all of their IP this month. I would buy it from GOG now during their current 65% off Atari catalog weekend Promo if you are interested. I am certainly picking up whatever I want that I haven't already bought. Who knows if whoever ends up with the rights will pull the games or not.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/23/ata...stable-of-ip-in-july-to-curb-bankruptcy-loss/

Good news. I imagine whatever company picks them up will want them back on Steam.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm still quite not sure how this happened, but these people talking about "6 dollars from cards" amuse me, when I got closer to 60-70 dollars (70-80 if you count "Vintage" TF2 items, I'm not sure where's that split and I used some Wallet Money before the sale).

And then people complain about cards. I don't get it!

drinking coffee from the pot without having slept and ive been idling sleeping dogs for 2 hours in order to get 4 cards that sold for 0.10 each

is this really my life

why did my gf leave me

Girlfriends have been long obviated by Steam.
There is only so much time man...

Financially they drain about the same amount of money.

Salsa

I'm still quite not sure how this happened, but these people talking about "6 dollars from cards" amuse me, when I got closer to 60-70 dollars (70-80 if you count "Vintage" TF2 items, I'm not sure where's that split and I used some Wallet Money before the sale).

And then people complain about cards. I don't get it!

I sold a Dota 2 item for $130 once

u wanna touch me

XCOM really is hard. I think I did at least 10 missions, and then the main story missions started turning into moderate difficulty missions. I got my whole team killed, and failed the mission. I ended up having to retreat and now have 4 countries that hate me and lost all of my best people.

I had to switch to easy difficulty, still is a great game though.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member

Lets pool together and buy Atari so we can make the Jaguar 2

It finally happened

ZquDftR.png

and it's absolutely worthless. Yay!

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Wait. If Chronicles of Riddick gets sold...

what are the chances it'll show back up on Steam?

I sold a Dota 2 item for $130 once

u wanna touch me

Always

ZenaxPure

Scribblenauts Unlimited: Anything you write comes into the game world. Is fully interactive. Solve puzzles. Game is a little on the kiddie side but well worth the novelty. -$4.99

I put 9 non-idling hours into this game yesterday. It's so much fun, very much on the easy side but it doesn't matter since the challenge comes from seeing how stupid you can be.

In my case that involves trying to solve as many missions as I can with "Giant Chicken Nugget." YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW MANY MISSIONS IT HAS WORKED ON

masterkajo

XCOM really is hard. I think I did at least 10 missions, and then the main story missions started turning into moderate difficulty missions. I got my whole team killed, and failed the mission. I ended up having to retreat and now have 4 countries that hate me and lost all of my best people.

That's XCom, baby!

But seriously, that is where the fun is. I only beat my seventh attempt (was playing on Classic Ironman). But each time I made it a bit farther. The best part is I beat the seventh attempt even though I failed the first terror mission and lost all but one guy. Feels good to come back after such a heavy loss and still kick alien ass in the end!!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yes. Was going to post impressions soon.

Well I can't take credit for it in the Overlooked thread, but my post here got quite a few people interested. Word of mouth is important for those smaller indie games

No need to tell me :p Feel free to spread the word on as many Indies as you possibly can ;) I'll still need to update the Overlooked Indie thread with tons of stuff, so I dont have the time to check back in this thread.

Watching youtube let's play videos on classic helped me out on that difficulty level.
Classic is fun and satisfying once you get a hang of it. Never settle for less than full cover.

I put 9 non-idling hours into this game yesterday. It's so much fun, very much on the easy side but it doesn't matter since the challenge comes from seeing how stupid you can be.

In my case that involves trying to solve as many missions as I can with "Giant Chicken Nugget." YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW MANY MISSIONS IT HAS WORKED ON

Evil Zombie God usually work with a lot of things =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom