• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Left 4 Dead 2 - Probably the best multiplayer co-op experience. Fast paced zombie killing action with 3 other friends. Many many modes and more content than you'll ever get through. - $4.99

I don't have Steam friends to play this tho :(
Iirc the game had an easy way to set-up split-screen "mod" for couch multiplayer?

my damage

RoboBlitz, Clive Barker's Jericho, Eschalon: Book I, Roogoo, Ironclads: Schleswig War 1864, Ironclads: Anglo Russian War 1866, Ironclads: Chincha Islands War 1866, Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Hydrophobia: Prophecy, Still Life Collection, Critical Mass, Rock of Ages, Space Pirates and Zombies(SPAZ), Waves, PixelJunk Eden, Noitu Love 2 Devolution, Adam's Venture Complete Pack, Divine Divinity, Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy, Sine Mora, Strike Suit Infinity, Antichamber, Call of Juarez Gunslinger,Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge, Razor2 Hidden Skies, Robin Hood, Skydrift, iBomber Defense Pacific, Stacking, Avernum Bundle, They Bleed Pixels, Zombie Driver HD, Beyond Divinity, pid, Fieldrunners 2, Under the Ocean, Surgeon Simulator,Wizorb, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams.

Those 75-80% of $10.00 games will be the death of me.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah I thought you could only get cards from one game at a time too but people said otherwise here so I tried it.... I just go 5 cards in less than 20min lol.

Gameboy415

I had Steam back when it launched w/Half-Life 2 but I've missed out on nearly 8 years of PC gaming in the meantime due to lacking hardware, living abroad, etc.
I just built a gaming PC this past Spring and I'm LOVING this sale so far! :D

I'm mostly sticking to stuff that is $5 or less right now, unless it's something on my Wishlist that I REALLY want to play.

So far, I've picked up:
Anna: Extended Edition
Dark Void Zero
Dino D-Day
Dyad
Fez
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
The Last Remnant
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
The Path
Rock of Ages
Roogoo
Scratches: Director's Cut
Sine Mora
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Surgeon Simulator 2013
System Shock 2
The Witcher
Ys: 1&2 Chronicles
Ys: Origin
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

I'm sure all of those will last me a looooong time but I'm probably going to end up buying even more, haha.

Dmax3901

So I just got home from a party of 20 year olds (I'm 22 I think) and it was video game themed and no-one was really in costume I mean there was a Chell and a Faith from Mirrors Edge but she didn't even know 'the cake is a lie' or 'still alive' when it played.

I was some random steampunk-esque dude and it was depressing and shit but then inside I had this bubble that couldn't be burst because the fucking steam sales are on man and I knew that when I got home this thread would be here and motherfuckers would still be jonesing for those modbot giveaways and arguing about prices and flash sales and what to vote for and trading cards and I was just like fuck everything I don't need people.

EDIT: Also I have Hotline Miami music stuck in my head despite the constant Get Lucky and Bon Jovi at this party.

Razorskin

----- ------
Finally got cellphone reception where I'm at... what were the flash sales yesterday evening? ie, 9pm - 5am EST?

Super Meat Boy for $3.74 instead of $15.

Magicka for $2.49 instead of $10.

Bully: Scholarship Edition for $3.75 instead of $15.

God Mode for $4.99 instead of $10.

Salsa

my damage:

521980837_9368c1d779.jpg

ran to update the OP and fell

Groggy

Neo Member
Is selling cards right away best for people who don't care about badges or can you get 50%-75% off coupons by collecting badges?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Bought Fez, thought I could wait for longer but it was pointless to resist.

In other news, Bio Infinite is pretty fun. Still not far into it though.

Asked a few pages back but this thread moves way too fast:

Any games on Steam like Shadow of the Colossus? Mainly interested in climbing/platforming on moving levels.

(And not Lord of Shadows, can't run it)

Vecks

I don't have Steam friends to play this tho :(
Iirc the game had an easy way to set-up split-screen "mod" for couch multiplayer?

I don't know if it's changed since I set it up like a year ago, but it's kind of easy... because people have done most of the hard work with writing up a script.

Bii

I had Steam back when it launched w/Half-Life 2 but I've missed out on nearly 8 years of PC gaming in the meantime due to lacking hardware, living abroad, etc.
I just built a gaming PC this past Spring and I'm LOVING this sale so far! :D

I'm mostly sticking to stuff that is $5 or less right now, unless it's something on my Wishlist that I REALLY want to play.

I'm sure all of those will last me a looooong time but I'm probably going to end up buying even more, haha.

Oh man, you're in for a treat. When the winter sale rolls around and you're drowning in the 300 games you've yet to play, you'll still buy more because there's a sale going on.

Tenrius

Asked a few pages back but this thread moves way too fast:

Any games on Steam like Shadow of the Colossus? Mainly interested in climbing/platforming on moving levels.

(And not Lord of Shadows, can't run it)

What about Prince of Persia games? You can run the older ones on just about anything. Assassin's Creed, too, but you'd better skip the first game.

Dragon's Dogma is kinda like SOTC. You climb on large monsters and stab them a whole bunch.

Though when they die instead of being contemplative and mournful over the atrocities you commit for love you get some exp and sick loot.

Watching youtube let's play videos on classic helped me out on that difficulty level.
Classic is fun and satisfying once you get a hang of it. Never settle for less than full cover.

That's XCom, baby!

But seriously, that is where the fun is. I only beat my seventh attempt (was playing on Classic Ironman). But each time I made it a bit farther. The best part is I beat the seventh attempt even though I failed the first terror mission and lost all but one guy. Feels good to come back after such a heavy loss and still kick alien ass in the end!!

Guess I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I purchased it. I was playing on normal difficulty when I died too. It was on some rescue the civilians mission, and I just saw a new species of aliens and I got destroyed fast.

Also I didn't know the point of the game is to try multiple times, I thought eventually the countries will hate you and you get no credits. I failed the mission in Mexico and they just drew back from the project immediately. I need to put more time in this game because it is really addicting.

If you like XCOM you should check out Xenonauts. It's still in early access.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223830/?snr=1_7_15__13

If it's like XCOM I'll definitely check it out, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom