• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
my damage:

521980837_9368c1d779.jpg

ran to update the OP and fell

I knew you were always a girl

Salsa

GAF, what are the chances of Bully getting another discount before the summer sale is over?

what does the answer to this question change in terms of your future buying actions?

gosh you guys are derailing this thread with useless stuff so much, next thin you're gonna start posting pictures of random internet legs

cicero

Lets pool together and buy Atari so we can make the Jaguar 2
If I had the money I would do this. Of course I would also be pushing for the new Jaguar to be officially endorsed by 50 Cent with his name on the front, "50 Cent's Jaguar 2". And the console itself would need to be a continuation of his game "50 Cent: Blood on the Sand", so the Jaguar 2 would need to be shaped like a bedazzled human skull.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was going to ask Salsa to add my name on the OP with help from gifting games from Brazil.

But who am I kidding, nobody reads the OP.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
If I had the money I would do this. Of course I would also be pushing for the new Jaguar to be officially endorsed by 50 Cent with his name on the front, "50 Cent's Jaguar 2". And the console itself would need to be a continuation of his game "50 Cent: Blood on the Sand", so the Jaguar 2 would need to be shaped like a bedazzled human skull.

I just want to make a 2d shmup starring a cartoon fox and call it FoxStar

inm8num2

I'm almost at $6 on steam cards alone. not bad for someone who started with 0 to spend on this steam sale. With 13 more games to go through Eurotruck will be mine*

*as long as it's on flash sale again or daily deal.

If only I had started farming cards last week before the sale - most cards were worth double what they are now.

edit - just got my first foil, bitches.

chugen

in memory of salsa's leg hair.

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Clive Barker's Jericho -- MB-01D66AD2C46AF0A0 - Taken by A Human Becoming
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! -- MB-482201874478CB92 - Taken by scorpscarx
McPixel -- MB-5DA5AB080860E3C7 - Taken by Shadowplay1979
Sniper Ghost Warrior -- MB-4B2BCAFEC3D6C864 - Taken by SalsaShark

chronomac

Got up this morning, bought Fez with money I made from cards, downloaded and installed it, played it for 2 minutes, then in the game walked outside....and lag. Laptop can't handle it. Damn it. Oh well.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
more like who am I kidding who wants a game from brazil

.. are they cheaper

From 17% to 35% in some cases.

But the paypal tax fucks it all up most of the times (10% of whatever amount of money you'll send me, to cover all the bases).

So I'll just do it on a case-by-case basis.

masterkajo

Guess I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I purchased it. I was playing on normal difficulty when I died too. It was on some rescue the civilians mission, and I just saw a new species of aliens and I got destroyed fast.

Also I didn't know the point of the game is to try multiple times, I thought eventually the countries will hate you and you get no credits. I failed the mission in Mexico and they just drew back from the project immediately. I need to put more time in this game because it is really addicting.

If it's like XCOM I'll definitely check it out, thanks.

That was the Terror mission. They are a huge difficulty spike! Also, protip, don't rescue civilians. Just hope to stay alive and make it out of there.

The game isn't necessarily design for your to restart multiple times, though there is a possibility that you lose before the finish line which means reload a previous save or start over (when playing on Ironman = only one autosave). I had no clue what to do and therefore I failed 6 times before gettting the hang of it (which is basically get satellites and get them fast while also not losing your guys, except maybe some rookies as canonfodder).

It is my most played game on steam with over 100hours. I love it. Recently also finished and impossible ironman playthrough though that is more luck at the beginning that skill, i'd say.

Martian

Got up this morning, bought Fez with money I made from cards, downloaded and installed it, played it for 2 minutes, then in the game walked outside....and lag. Laptop can't handle it. Damn it. Oh well.

I know that feel.
Finally got money for The Witcher 2 last year, and bam! My pc goes crazy
Should have known better

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can confirm that it's possible to idle in at least three games and receive the usual card drops. There must be a tipping point as I tried seven games yesterday and received just the one card.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"Sherlock Holmes The Silver Earring"

Is that the GOG key? I accidentally forgot to include that in my bundle back when I bought it. :D

Steam key only. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom