• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

I voted for Hitman because I already have the other two games. I'll probably buy Hitman too. I've heard it sucks, but that's for people who are into the series or want a stealthy game. If I can have a pretty looking game where I can shoot people in the face/back, sounds good to me.

scurker

I was trading cards for a little while, but I think I've had better luck selling them on the market then buying the ones I need. I've already crafted 3 badges and I'm $2+ in the green!

Sini

The worst game won.
IoCmC7l.png

Why am I not surprised?
Both of the other games have already been on sale.

Whools

Is it common for older or less popular titles to get dailies/flash/communities? the games I specifically have in mind are Secret of Monkey Island special edition and Beyond Good and Evil, which have a 33% and 35% discount respectively atm. Either way I'll be waiting til doomsday, but it might save me some false hope/give me some false hope if GAF can shed some light on this.

Tellaerin

Why did Hitman won against the awesomeness of XCOM and Dark Souls fellow GAFfers?

I'm guessing either because the people voting already owned XCOM and Dark Souls, or because they don't have good taste. I'm hoping it's the first one, but I suspect it's really the second. >.>

I voted for Hitman as well. X-COM was a flash deal yesterday and Dark Souls has been on sale every three weeks almost everywhere for the past few months
and I bought it full-price

In any case, all deals will come back.

Fireblend

Banned
Look at this this way guys:

Let's say the Steam community is 40% idiots and 60% informed buyers.

So 40% of the community vote for Hitman, but since the other alternatives are so good, the informed buyers segment gets divided and each game gets around 30%, losing to Hitman.

Eh? Eh?

Inversive

The community is the worst. Borderlands 2, GTA and now Hitman. Really? I'm glad I already picked up Dark souls but I would have liked Xcom.

heh Its not a vote for best game folks. Just what we want on sale and that can be for many reasons. People whining how did you miss all the other chances for the game?

lmpaler

You can.
It's the only way my buddy plays it.

I cannot even fathom playing Chivalry with a controller, but I'm excited to see more people join so I can murder them.

Picked up Ys I & II. Almost missed it as I didn't look at the flash deals when I woke up. It's a shame that Ys Origin and Felghana are hidden from the deal. They did that mistake last time too.

I quickly glanced at these games, what exactly are they?

The worst game won.
IoCmC7l.png

Why am I not surprised?

Hitman won....

..I'm gonna start a killing spree.

What the hell? Really? Hitman...I don't even...

I bought this damn game on a sale for $10 and I couldn't even finish the game. I try to finish it even if I hate it, but I just can't.

Another note, holy shit XCOM is amazing. Endless Space melted my tired mind last night so I'm going to give that a solid go this evening.

Most of the cards for the latest games are somewhere around 0,10€.
I think I'm just gonna craft badges.

Yep. People broke the market by finding it lucrative to sell cards for 10 C.
People are dumb.

Hold on to your cards and craft badges. First one to LVL 50 gets into the HL3 beta.
nah

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

So 40% of the community vote for Hitman, but since the other alternatives are so good, the informed buyers segment gets divided and each game gets around 30%, losing to Hitman.

Eh? Eh?

I do think that "lesser deserving" games winning out is a result of veteran indifference and newcomer ignorance.

Eh? Eh?

It would work
not
, but both of the other games have already been on sale lately.

Burt

I'm gonna be mad later for passing on Antichamber, aren't I?

I'm glad Hitman won, solely because I already have X-Com and Dark Souls. I would imagine a lot of people are in the same boat, which probably helped with the voting. I know X-Com and Dark Souls have both been on sale a bunch before, but I've never seen a significant one for Hitman. It isn't a ratings contest or anything, bros.

a lot of ppl probably have those games already

Mirror's Edge I can understand, but Dishonored losing to Borderlands 2? How? Everybody has that game already, and it's been on sale multiple times in the past month alone.

Combine that with the fact the Dishonored doesn't go on sale that often, and when it does places seem to run out of keys almost instantaneously.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Aww man, who the hell voted for Hitman? It's been super cheap already and been on Playstation Plus.

I did! Already own all 3 of those but I got Dark Souls for $7.50, XCOM for less than $10 and Hitman for $7.50 so that seemed like the best deal. They're all gonna be daily deals anyway.

smr00

Banned
Is it really surprising that the community is continuing to pick the shittiest one?

Also, this question got buried the other day so i am gonna try my luck again. I decided to play through Sleeping Dogs again on PC but it seems like the cut scenes are really choppy, like it's going from smooth 60fps during gameplay to 30ish FPS during cut scenes. Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom