• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

hOrovYF.png

come at me, GAF

image.php

louiedog

Mirror's Edge I can understand, but Dishonored losing to Borderlands 2? How? Everybody has that game already, and it's been on sale multiple times in the past month alone.

Combine that with the fact the Dishonored doesn't go on sale that often, and when it does places seem to run out of keys almost instantaneously.

A lot of people wanted Borderlands 2 DLC. Not me, but other people.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The think the game that wins wins because the most people thought it was most worth that price over the other choices.

Whether that's because they already owned the other choices, they didn't own any but picked the highest discount, they didn't own any but picked the one that would bring the price to an unprecedented low across sites, or they didn't own any but picked the one they most wanted regardless of the quality of the discount isn't really important.

There's no "wrong" choice in an election of any kind, just choices we disagree with.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Is it really surprising that the community is continuing to pick the shittiest one?

Also, this question got buried the other day so i am gonna try my luck again. I decided to play through Sleeping Dogs again on PC but it seems like the cut scenes are really choppy, like it's going from smooth 60fps during gameplay to 30ish FPS during cut scenes. Is this normal?

I experience this too

PriitV

I like that one of the community choices was Dark Souls (only now found out, couldn't even see the game/icon during the voting process), which can't be bought in several regions.

Yep. People broke the market by finding it lucrative to sell cards for 10 C.
People are dumb.

Hold on to your cards and craft badges. First one to LVL 50 gets into the HL3 beta.
nah

This isn't dumb though. This is a prisoners dilemma (not really, but comparable) with thousands of players. Cooperating just doesn't work here, since if I just undercut you by 1 cent, I get a sale and you don't.
Repeat this a few times, and prices land at rock bottom.

No other way out of this, unless Valve fixes prices, which would be stupid.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I voted for Hitman because I already owned both the other games. Not buying Hitman though, hah.

Doesn't matter much, all of these games will be dailies.

To be fair, so has XCOM.
True, I forgot about that.

Has Dark Souls already been on sale too? I could of sworn I seen that on flash sale already.

Why would I wanna play this on Console? Also the other two games have already been on sale.

Did they remove GFWL from Batman: AC yet?
Because it's pretty great on console and was part of the PS plus subscription? I say this having both PS3 and PC versions.

Also, Hitman wasn't even a very good Hitman game anyway.

I'm glad Hitman Absolution won, even though I already played it. I'm probably not gonna buy it, but the game was fun. That reminds me that I still need to beat the last level.

Dark Souls and XCOM already were on sale anyways.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Hey guys, what are some of the hardest and/or most fun puzzle games on Steam right now?

smr00

Banned
The think the game that wins wins because the most people thought it was most worth that price over the other choices.

Whether that's because they already owned the other choices, they didn't own any but picked the highest discount, they didn't own any but picked the one that would bring the price to an unprecedented low across sites, or they didn't own any but picked the one they most wanted regardless of the quality of the discount isn't really important.

There's no "wrong" choice in an election of any kind, just choices we disagree with.
But a certain member that shall not be named taught me that other peoples opinions are wrong and that mine are fact :(

In the end i didn't need any of them so it's not a great loss to me, i am just upset that KOTOR didn't win >.<

This. The problem with democracy is democracy.

Last night I had my first CivV:BNW game. The Tourism and the World congress were the last things needed to beat CivIV, in my opinion. Great expansion.

Mirror's Edge I can understand, but Dishonored losing to Borderlands 2? How? Everybody has that game already, and it's been on sale multiple times in the past month alone.

Combine that with the fact the Dishonored doesn't go on sale that often, and when it does places seem to run out of keys almost instantaneously.

I voted Borderlands 2 because I might have bought the game when on sale. I already had Dishonored. I chose Hitman because that game is amazing and everyone must buy and play.

Because everyone already has the last two.

I wanna play hitman :(

Well i thought the same. Then i played it for free. And not even the free version was worth it.

First it tries to destroy the whole series with bad gameplay and fucked up story and then it goes like : Uh... nothing happened.

Zia

I'll be honest, I voted XCOM because I've had a ton of issues with GFWL in Dark Souls, and I'd rather people support a dev like Firaxis who does really well with their Steam integration, rather than Namco (and FROM) whose response to the piss-poor port is basically, "Oops. Sorry. Thanks for the money, and we'll do better next time."

It's always weird to me how Steam matches up 3 low level games or 3 high level games in these votes. Probably some psychological reason behind it like creating anticipation for the games that dont win. Probably helps sales when those games do finally go on sale.

Here's a couple more! Dungeons of Dredmor is so cool and it has cards now.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-D3DE25B11E31A3D9 - Taken by Avallon
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-19CA9E9F0C133AD0 - Taken by PepperJack

This isn't dumb though. This is a prisoners dilemma (not really, but comparable) with thousands of players. Cooperating just doesn't work here, since if I just undercut you by 1 cent, I get a sale and you don't.
Repeat this a few times, and prices land at rock bottom.

No other way out of this, unless Valve fixes prices, which would be stupid.

That is how it works.

But if there is high demand, and people are still undercutting each other, then things are losing value for no reason.

Valve needs to not fix prices, but make cards have more worth. IE. crafting and leveling needs to seem more important in the eyes of steamers, otherwise they'll just offload their cards without a further thought.

Eternia

I quickly glanced at these games, what exactly are they?.
They're fast-paced action-rpgs that are somewhat difficult. The game requires you to quickly recognize attack patterns in order to defeat bosses and not rush in wrecklessly. They also have killer soundtracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom