• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

So I know I shouldn't be posting here but I posted on the trade thread but no luck.
The Chivalry sale is about to be over and I need to get rid of a MoTN key I got off amazon not knowing the game had been sitting in my inventory gifted to me.

If there's anybody that wants mark of the ninja I am willing to part with mine for a copy of chivalry, I couldn't get in any four pack and I have MoTN sitting around gathering dust.
Can anybody help me out?

Copons

This is just ridiculous.

goawaymaxwell9kyv9.jpg

I just dropped the second Reus summer card and it's selling under 0.20€, what the hell am I supposed to do with that??

Blargh, I broke down and bought Antichamber. First purchase of the sale (of which I was hoping for no purchases....this is gonna end badly.) Thinking about getting Fez too...

Apdiddy

Any respectable steam hoarder should already have those games at a great discount

Don't get me wrong -- I already have XCOM and Dark Souls and I don't have Hitman Absolution.

But I went with XCOM anyway so that others can enjoy the greatness of XCOM at $10. Hitman Absolution was just a bad game.

pahamrick

I've done pretty good so far. Only $5 spent on the Civ 5 Gold Upgrade, and my best friend gifted me Brave New World when it was on sale for $20 just so I could play the new stuff with him.

That is how it works.

But if there is high demand, and people are still undercutting each other, then things are losing value for no reason.

Valve needs to not fix prices, but make cards have more worth. IE. crafting and leveling needs to seem more important in the eyes of steamers, otherwise they'll just offload their cards without a further thought.

Sure, but then once again, not the people selling are the problem, but the system, i.e. that cards have no inherent value. People are acting rationally here. I'd argue that the sellers/buyers of cards that go for 0.50€+ are the irrational ones.

This isn't dumb though. This is a prisoners dilemma (not really, but comparable) with thousands of players. Cooperating just doesn't work here, since if I just undercut you by 1 cent, I get a sale and you don't.
Repeat this a few times, and prices land at rock bottom.

No other way out of this, unless Valve fixes prices, which would be stupid.

It's perfect when there are only 2 or 3 sellers in the market. Cooperation to fix a reasonable price (i did this with a foil two days ago, made 10 bucks).

aza

Here's a little something:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Faster Than Light - MB-7ECE501005AAB1B1 - Taken by Dr.Acula

HoosTrax

Woo, just got a Scribblenauts booster pack. Are they doing regularly scheduled booster pack drops, or are these random? Seems like last week, almost everyone got one at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom