• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's so hard. Seeing everything I want on sale, but having to wait.

Are we sure the Summer Sale isn't some kind of social experiment testing the limits of human patience?
It's actually not that hard. Want people to make fun of you for the rest of your life
for the next 3 minutes?
Then buy everything now.

Want people to respect you forever
nobody gives a damn, to be honest
, women to desire you and men to be jealous of you? Then wait for the daily deals/flash sales/community choices/price mistakes.

I wonder if they've reduced the card drop rate because I played Hotline: Miami for like 30 minutes and didn't get anything. :(

You're doing it wrong, don't play the game just idle xD. Jokes aside the drops are random, while I got all my drops in FTL in 1 hour it took me more time to receive the HL2 ones.

masterkajo

Why can't I add a card for sale on either the Web page on Steam or in Steam itself fellow GAFfers? :(

So many errors.

Yeah, same here. And even if you managed to add one (which I did) it doesn't show up in the list. I am the cheapest right now but more expensive cards get bought b/c mine can't be seen even though I have it listed under My Selling.

The Steams said:
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

This is a common occurrence during Sales, I take it?

justjim89

Holy shit Frozen Synapse is poorly optimized. As soon as any action starts, even in the tutorial, I get maybe 5 FPS. I reduced the resolution and put the settings down as much as I could, but it makes no difference. Does this game just not do well on AMD cards? Does anyone else have it? This is mind boggling.

Honestly, Hotline Miami devs have taken forever to fix the steam overlay problem. It is pretty disappointing.

Does have like 1 year out already?

shandy706

I've only played it with a controller, and it's perfectly fine.

In my opinion keyboard + mouse is much better for this game. And believe me, I even play FPS with my 360 controller on steam (except valve ones)

I haven't played it with a controller but a close friend told me it was kinda awkward at first but he got use to it quickly.

Pefectly.

Beautifully. I can't play it on kbm.

Thanks...lots of answers there...LOL.

Inversive

I can't fucking buy anything, i keep getting 'there seems to have been an error intilaizing or updating your transaction' whenever i try to buy a game. Please just take my money Gaben

The_Monk

Yeah, same here. And even if you managed to add one (which I did) it doesn't show up in the list. I am the cheapest right now but more expensive cards get bought b/c mine can't be seen even though I have it listed under My Selling.

This is what happens to me too fellow GAFfer, what a shame.

And the Flash deals don't wait for nobody!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I am. It recently came to my attention that EB Games AU sells Steam Wallet codes, so I bought a few today to tie me over until next week: AUD$50 gets you USD$50 of credit and, thanks to the exchange rate, I'm saving ~8c per dollar spent compared to purchasing through Steam directly.
Oh, that's very nice!

I'm guessing that Valve is just deeming that you have too many games and making you wait then XD

Skab

Holy shit Frozen Synapse is poorly optimized. As soon as any action starts, even in the tutorial, I get maybe 5 FPS. I reduced the resolution and put the settings down as much as I could, but it makes no difference. Does this game just not do well on AMD cards? Does anyone else have it? This is mind boggling.

That's something on your end. Game runs smooth as butter for me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Current stats:
Takers
Deadbeat 15
DeadlyVirus 12
DamnTheMan 9
javadots 9
Addnan 7
WeaselJCD 7
73V3N 6
scorpscarx 6

Givers (number of keys given not value of games):
39 xelios
23 Dog Problems
20 Stumpokapow (a bunch of these aren't mine or are fake keys from testing, I think I've only given away 5 or so real keys?
19 Glass Rebel
18 didamangi
16 AndyBNV
14 Nimajneb
14 morningbus
13 Xclash
13 dirtywhirlwind
11 Baconsaurus Rex
11 graywolf323
10 Bizzity
9 Ezra2680
9 JaseC
9 jshackles
8 Twinduct
8 smr00

(these stats may be offset by fake keys in both directions during the initial beta test priod)

Salsa

ib2icgbEQWace5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom