• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Hotline Miami cards are sooo Hot! Maxed out Infinite and two drops left for Hotline, praying to lord gaben for a foil.

I feel bad for not buying anything yet! Hexagon for $1.01 might be the icebreaker.

He's given us a reason (he is recovering his primary account, and that this account is a secondary which is plausible since it only has one game). Give him the benefit of the doubt, guys.

I'm not saying that his is doing this or that, but since someone asked for the account and I had to go AFK, just asked for an update

usea

Any advice on Anti-Chamber. It looks interesting but is it fun to play?
It's vaguely like portal, except the puzzles are usually more conceptual and less spatial. Totally mindbending stuff, but there's very little "action" to speak off. Even less than portal, which had more jumping and timing puzzles. Anti-Chamber is more like "this is blowing my mind, WTF....oh wait I get it"

Hope Dishonored wins, or at least rolls back around on a daily. I'm sure it will be up for a vote many more times though. I've had like $20 in my steam wallet for months, maybe I should buy something?

Honestly, while everything is very low and it's tempting I'd advise sitting on the twenty until something you actually want goes on sale as opposed to buying things just for the sake of it both to avoid unnecessary spending and so that, by the end of a sale, you've enough to get what you wish. If you spend too impulsively you may end up spending a very large amount of money on a large amount of games you won't end up playing. By all means, take a chance on things, but make sure you still buy items sensibly.

As for Dishonored:
Dishonored is very replayable and is quite an 'open' game also The level design is magnificent (although, I will be honest that there are sections later in the game that I do quite dislike) as it allows for a plethora of approaches to each mission and no playstyle is discouraged. If you want to sneak through the game without upgrading/purchasing any powers or killing any enemy, you can. Alternatively if you wish to buy as much lethal items and powers as you can to slaughter your way through the game it is entirely possible and while the game will alter depending on your hostility it never feels as if the developer is trying to discourage you from playing as you wish. In the beginning it feels slightly clumsy to effectively utilise all that is at your disposal but by the end of the game you will be effortlessly navigating the environment. Some may comment that you end up overpowered or that the power 'Blink' trivialises the game and, to some extent, it is true due to the lower power consumption but I don't belive that it detracts from how enjoyable the game is. While I felt the atmosphere, world building and storyline was lacking personally I can certainly recognise the amount of detail that was included. I thought it was quite a unique game; it's not without its problems, but very enjoyable.
It's absolutely worth the purchase should it appear. Even if it doesn't win the Community Vote it will certainly appear as either a Daily Deal or a Flash Deal sometime within the sale and if it appears you'd be wise to spend some of that $20 on it; it really is a very enjoyable, worthwhile game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do I have to show interest for a game to be elgible for a ModBot pick? If so I'm interested in Far Cry 3

When my transactions goes through I'll gift some games

No, you just PM "him" the string attached to your desired game when there's a giveaway. The instructions for taking a key are literally that simple.

Seconded. I really loved that game.

Hmmm. I may do this. Part of the reason I wasn't enamored with Last Remnant when it came out was because I got it for 360, and it ran rather poorly. I'm guessing I should be able to run it very well on my new PC with no problem.

AHA-Lambda

I haven't been able to purchase a single thing. In addition to server crashes, I've had issues with my cart (e.g. it randomly clearing itself) and, of course, the blank payment info box.

Yeah, I just had an error saying my cc was refused (although it shouldn't be nothing is wrong with it and is nowhere near it's limit).

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Bought Super Hexagon.

God damn this game is hallucinogens the videogame. I can feel my eye balls peel back and my brain doesn't feel right. I start seeing shapes and patterns, originally everything looked flat.

High score right now is 8 seconds. Really doubted this game was special, it indeed is.

Best game ever

just add the NOLURKERS + NOWINNERS command to the key line for modbot if y'all want no people to have more than one game....
edit: oh, a bit late I see.. just a little bit. ok, fucking late.

btw, since these operate on a command line structure, do there need to be spaces between them and the key? (and between them as well) If this has been answered already I didn't see it, this thread is too big and too fast.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Reposting this from the previous thread:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Machinarium -- MB-8E4717972D1251CB - Taken by Horse Detective
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-D08239F4F3E411A1
Cogs -- MB-9EBE78BA33BF286B
Dear Esther -- MB-B6DE7F2E61ABF76B - Taken by MormaPope
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-D434AB8E98E554DC - Taken by Clever Pun
Crayon Physics Deluxe #2 -- MB-6FBDC1426820B265
Swords & Soldies HD -- MB-D2B42FF0DDBD10CE - Taken by M.D
Dungeon Defenders Plus DLC -- MB-C6D23CDA17683653
Splice -- MB-37E88EC11A033700
Avadon -- MB-FD2361BAF4B23B11
Dungeon Defenders Plus DLC #2 -- MB-2B43CCF23E40F5E6 - Taken by koolaroo

rObit

Banned
Damn, they're gonna get me on the first day with Bioshock. This does not bode well for the next couple of weeks -_-.

For those thinking about Defiance, I'd say its right about worth $14, so if you're interested in the game, go for it. Just don't kid yourself into thinking you're getting some screaming deal. There's a reason that they dropped the retail price from $60 to $40 even though it's only been out 4 months.

ib2icgbEQWace5.gif

Amazing

Grief.exe

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've managed to buy three things so far. It seems to be getting better or I just had a little lucky break.

If I haven't been able to purchase something by the time my last BioInf card drops, I'm giving up for the time being. I'll miss out on Skyrim's flash sale (I'm after a couple of pieces of DLC), however it's sure to show up again later down the track.

justjim89

That's something on your end. Game runs smooth as butter for me.

Not sure what it could be. All my other games have been running fine today. My specs are well over the required specs listed. This is the part of PC gaming that always pisses me off. When there's something wrong and no discernible explanation for it.

usea

Bought Super Hexagon.

God damn this game is hallucinogens the videogame. I can feel my eye balls peel back and my brain doesn't feel right. I start seeing shapes and patterns, originally everything looked flat.

High score right now is 8 seconds. Really doubted this game was special, it indeed is.
I must be the only person in the world who hates this game. I'm a big fan of Terry Cavanagh's games in general, and I thought I'd be 100% directly in the demographic for super hexagon: I love hexagons, I love simple games like this, the aesthetic appeals to me. But the controls absolutely killed it for me. There's too much lag, and it's not even a little fun to play for me :(

qazqaNii

To participate in the giveaways I have to have 5+ post in this thread and another 5+ post in the previous thread which doesn't exist anymore? Or am I wrong?.

Finally got Dragonborne, 50% off why not.

Guess it's time to Skyrim again. Hope the sale picks up... Where are my indies?

Now to Scribblenauts...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom