• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

javadots

Banned
You're not winning yourself any favours dude.

The giveaways aren't about 'winning' anything, they're about giving fellow gaffers the chance at free games. You're abusing the system, being plain greedy and then bragging about abusing other gaffers generousity.

You're hoarding them all when you don't even have the ability to play them yet. Any decent person would only take games they could play and give away something back in return.

If I were you I wouldn't try draw any more attention to how you're acting.

I wasn't abusing anyone's generosity. I thanked everyone already.

Salsa

GL All!]

Modbot said:
Originally Posted by ModBot

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-8E4717972D1251CB - Taken by javadots
Saints Row IV -- MB-D08239F4F3E411A1 - Taken by javadots
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-9EBE78BA33BF286B -- Taken by javadots
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition -- MB-B6DE7F2E61ABF76B - Taken by javadots
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-D434AB8E98E554DC - Taken by javadots
Dishonored -- MB-6FBDC1426820B265 - Taken by javadots
Farcry 3 -- MB-D2B42FF0DDBD10CE - Taken by javadots
Antichamber -- MB-C6D23CDA17683653 - Taken by javadots
Toki Tori 2 -- MB-37E88EC11A033700 - Taken by javadots
The Walking Dead -- MB-FD2361BAF4B23B11 - Taken by javadots
Bad Rats -- MB-2B43CCF23E40F5E6 - Taken by javadots

I laughed

nacimento

I'm assuming Heroes VI Shades of Darkness has some horrible always-online-shit even if I buy it from Gabe?

They should tell about that stuff, I got Dirt 3 (GFWL) and got fooled, almost again with FFVIII.

Can't you play Heroes 6 without online? i think it's just the perks that are gone.

Peace Walker

Neo Member
How is scribblenauts by the way?
I played it for a bit on a friend's computer, the first few levels were kinda boring, you just try to guess the object that would solve that problem and the "puzzle" is over.
Does it get better?

hygea

Neo Member
GL All!

Modbot said:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hahahahahaha the first 0.2 seconds when i saw the post i was like wtf....

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I would like to go on record and state that I did not like Hotline Miami. I also do not like tapioca or Snickers bars. Come at me.

So since the Skyrim stuff is a flash sale should I buy it? Only interested in Dragonborn, and if $10 is the lowest it'll go I'll probably jump on it.

kami_sama

I know right? same here bro

tumblr_m7r3wszol41rb27sjo1_500.gif

Buy it, it's a great empire management turn-based strategy game.

Seanspeed

Banned
This is a little off-topic, but I had to create an email account to buy games, but now I cant access my new email.

Its using gmail. I signed up, have an account, even lists it there, but I cant access it. It keeps bringing me to a screen where I sign up. I click over in the corner where my account is and it brings me to the same screen.

WTF? It doesn't seem like there's any way for me to get to it.

EDIT: And now its saying that a gmail account cannot be the primary email address for my account! FUcking hell.

def sim

Modbot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

iNVoKHJLo0KpT.gif

Thinking about getting Bioshock Infinite and Skyrim Legendary, I have more doubts with the first, really worth it?

depends on how much disposable income you have. If this is a "shouldn't", then don't. It's not worth it, at all. it's not a really good game, imo. It's nice, and the payoff storywise is good, but... it's not Rapture. It doesn't have the same impact, even though the post-launch hype might have given that impression.

And Skyrim is boring as shit, see: "skyrim doesn't value my time" topic.

You know, honestly I would skip both unless 5 bucks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I Want To Block Users, But I Don't Know Who To Block
Use the rule BLACKLIST. What this does is automatically blocks any user that's been added to any other user's permablocklist. Let the community do the policing, you just focus on giving away games.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Remember Me
Dark Souls
Tomb Raider
YS
Dust

Those are some of the ones I want to see cheaper. Might get as I still have 70 on my account. If things go well I might throw a gift or two over here.

Very worth it if you're willing to learn from your mistakes and aren't put off by the fact that many people have been playing it for years, meaning you will get rolled initially. I always recommend that people play against bots to learn the layout of the maps and develop a feel for the weapons before jumping online, so at least you're not competing against humans from square zero. This helped me a lot way back when I began playing.

I played a lot of CS 1.6 — will that experience translate to GO?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So, I think a User is Abusive, But I Never Remember to Use the Block Command

I've got just the tool for you.

Send a PM to ModBot containing the word permablock in the title.

In the body, one username per line:

IE PM ModBot
title: permablock these suckers
body:
Stumpokapow
ModBot
EviLore
charlequin

You will not get a reply, but any future giveaway you start will block those users. You cannot remove someone from this list, so please only do it if you genuinely believe them to be an abusive manipulator of the system.
Of course, don't call any of the people in the example list "suckers", or you'll end up being the one permablocked from GAF :p

So, I think a User is Abusive, But I Never Remember to Use the Block Command

I've got just the tool for you.

Send a PM to ModBot containing the word permablock in the title.

<snip>

You will not get a reply, but any future giveaway you start will block those users. You cannot remove someone from this list, so please only do it if you genuinely believe them to be an abusive manipulator of the system.

Damn, you're a good (and quick) developer. Hat's off. I'm sure you'll already be doing this on your own, but it'd be interesting to see if users get perma'd by multiple givers. (interesting for the mod team, not us lowly plebs).

slabrock

Banned
trying this out

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hotline Miami -- MB-A25ABC2A1CEFEDA7 - Taken by nacimento

H3xum

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bad Rat's 2 -- MB-A320184B66A6BDA6 - Taken by dave is ok

Ok don't make fun, this is my first run at modbot, I just want to see what the process is like, it will get better I promise

SuperHans

Been trying to buy stuff for the last 30 minutes and it keeps giving errors.

Keep seeing this

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom