• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaroo

I'm defending myself. I ask that you not disrespect me that way while I'm treating you with respect. If you don't like it, deal with it.

"Deal with it" isn't very respectful :p. Maybe you should just stop posting for a bit and hope everyone forgets about you.

Salsa

permablock ModBot

rAAyx8q.gif

Alright I'm back and I first thing I see is you lighting the fire. Who the hell do you think you are dude? You're at fault here. Who wouldn't be psyched about winning so many games, games that they want, hence entering the raffle for them. If you want some games, you fracking enter in to win, but don't jump down my throat for following the rules.
You're not winning yourself any favours dude.

The giveaways aren't about 'winning' anything, they're about giving fellow gaffers the chance at free games. You're abusing the system, being plain greedy and then bragging about abusing other gaffers generousity.

You're hoarding them all when you don't even have the ability to play them yet. Any decent person would only take games they could play and give away something back in return.

If I were you I wouldn't try draw any more attention to how you're acting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, 4 hours, 50 minutes. Do the dailies ever trump flash sales?

Short of price mistakes, Dailies, Flash Sales and Community's Choice items are discounted identically.

Just came back from Dinner, good to see fellow GAFfer and Mod Stump keeps adding very interesting feature for ModBot!

It's Admin Stump these days. ;)

Shambles

I must not be bright. I'm trying to get a serial for an item in my inventory. I sent myself a gift through email but it just gives me a steam link. How can I get a normal serial for it?

Crayons

Banned
I was about to gift you something, but you have 500 games lol!

I think you will be fine.

It's never enough. Everyone who is addicted to buying games on Steam knows that. Pressing that purchase button may give you your fix now, but after you burn out you'll be back with your money in your hand once again.

Martian

So, I think a User is Abusive, But I Never Remember to Use the Block Command

I've got just the tool for you.

Send a PM to ModBot containing the word permablock in the title.

In the body, one username per line:

IE PM ModBot
title: permablock these suckers
body:
Stumpokapow
ModBot
EviLore
charlequin

You will not get a reply, but any future giveaway you start will block those users. You cannot remove someone from this list, so please only do it if you genuinely believe them to be an abusive manipulator of the system.

Damn EviLore hoarding all those games

Does anyone have universe sandbox?

Yep. I only played it for about half an hour. It's kind of interesting, but I'd say you need to have more of an interest in physics/ astro-physics than I have to enjoy it. Plus, no music, some sort of ambient soundtrack would really have helped.

Is Counter Strike worth it? I kind of want a FPS to play.

Edit: COD isn't on sale but Battlefield is. Whats a better BF Bad Company Or normal?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
ModBot is evolving. Getting smarter, faster, stronger. It won't be long now. Soon he'll be too powerful to be stopped.

We will all burn for javadot's sins.

JaseC

I must not be bright. I'm trying to get a serial for an item in my inventory. I sent myself a gift through email but it just gives me a steam link. How can I get a normal serial for it?

You provide that link to ModBot as a "key". You can chop off the redeemer?=your@email.here portion of the URL, though.

sunnz

Thinking about getting Bioshock Infinite and Skyrim Legendary, I have more doubts with the first, really worth it?

GMG have it on sale for cheaper when you use this code: GMG20-F202F-UI40F ( it is a steam code too)

I don't you think you will get the steam cards things though :p

Khronico

I'm having serious trouble resisting that Endless Space deal. Got on paypal to transfer funds then stopped myself at the last moment... This will be a long day.

Salsa

So I need actual keys to giveaway stuff with modbot right? I have a few games to give away in my inventory.

you can gift the game to yourself through email and send the redeem gift url to modbot in a pm as if it were a key

it's in the OP

you of all people tetsuo, you disappoint me

Oh come on steam gaf there has not been 25 pages of actual stuff to talk about in these 3 hours.

sales thread moved to community

Sianos

So I need actual keys to giveaway stuff with modbot right? I have a few games to give away in my inventory.

You could always set up a contest and distribute it to whoever you feel the winner is. :O

I have fond memories of last year's zany contests, there were some creative ones.

Just speculation on my part.

It is possible considering Majesco may go bankrupt.

Thank you. Been waiting for the sale to hit and potentially sweeten the deal before I end my holdout while the three titles are still an option. Time to wrap them up, since I cannot recall any movement price wise for as long as I have been watching.

Kydd BlaZe

Just picked up The Witcher 2 and Alan Wake. Couldn't resist. Gonna grab Bioshock Infinite on GMG in a few.

Waiting for Metro: Last Light, Far Cry 3, and Tomb Raider to come down a bit.

mojo2

Neo Member
I'm assuming Heroes VI Shades of Darkness has some horrible always-online-shit even if I buy it from Gabe?

They should tell about that stuff, I got Dirt 3 (GFWL) and got almost fooled again with FFVIII.

Psyrgery

Banned
I just booted Steam to purchase Hotline Miami at its normal price, but now that the Steam Sales have begun I have been getting this message for 20 minutes!!!

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-!!!!!

GL All!

Modbot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-8E4717972D1251CB - Taken by javadots
Saints Row IV -- MB-D08239F4F3E411A1 - Taken by javadots
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-9EBE78BA33BF286B -- Taken by javadots
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition -- MB-B6DE7F2E61ABF76B - Taken by javadots
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-D434AB8E98E554DC - Taken by javadots
Dishonored -- MB-6FBDC1426820B265 - Taken by javadots
Farcry 3 -- MB-D2B42FF0DDBD10CE - Taken by javadots
Antichamber -- MB-C6D23CDA17683653 - Taken by javadots
Toki Tori 2 -- MB-37E88EC11A033700 - Taken by javadots
The Walking Dead -- MB-FD2361BAF4B23B11 - Taken by javadots
Bad Rats -- MB-2B43CCF23E40F5E6 - Taken by javadots

JaseC

Is Counter Strike worth it? I kind of want a FPS to play.

Very worth it if you're willing to learn from your mistakes and aren't put off by the fact that many people have been playing it for years, meaning you will get rolled initially. I always recommend that people play against bots to learn the layout of the maps and develop a feel for the weapons before jumping online, so at least you're not competing against humans from square zero. This helped me a lot way back when I began playing.

Grief.exe

Modbot Guide for Gifts through Steam

Add Game to Cart

Select Purchase as Gift

Select Send Gift Via email

5dfTeqM.png

When you receive the email, scroll to the bottom. There will be a section titled, 'To receive your gift:' and a url below it.

Enter that URL in a PM to modbot in this fashion.

Game Name - https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F

The full code will look like https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F?redeemer=YOUREMAIL%40gmail.com
Delete the question mark and everything after it in the PM to Modbot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom