• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I Want To Block Users, But I Don't Know Who To Block
Use the rule BLACKLIST. What this does is automatically blocks any user that's been added to any other user's permablocklist. Let the community do the policing, you just focus on giving away games.

You know you fucked up when Stump is cranking out these new features.

I can't wait to get home tonight and it will be on thread 2 already.

Use the rule BLACKLIST. What this does is automatically blocks any user that's been added to any other user's permablocklist. Let the community do the policing, you just focus on giving away games.
This is a good idea. Although it will be bad when everyone ends up being blocked by one person.

What if someone adds everyone on GAF except for him?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

This seems like a bad idea.

ivkyzvMmMjh1P.gif

Salsa, when you eventually run out of Terminator gifs, may I suggest some conan and predator ones? =p Actually why not choose any of Arnolds classics

Grief.exe

Modbot Guide for Gifts through Steam

Add Game to Cart

Select Purchase as Gift

Select Send Gift Via email

5dfTeqM.png

When you receive the email, scroll to the bottom. There will be a section titled, 'To receive your gift:' and a url below it.

Enter that URL in a PM to modbot in this fashion.

Game Name - https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F

The full code will look like https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F?redeemer=YOUREMAIL@gmail.com
Delete the question mark and everything after it in the PM to Modbot.

it's in the OP in big letters, people will keep asking, dont bother

Not really a good guide in the OP, its a few words for something that can be somewhat complicated.

Hell, the whole thing will fail if you don't send the names of the game in this format: Name - URL

how's defiance like? good community?

When I was playing it, it was pretty hard to communicate with other players as the chat was local and the chat window had to be brought up in a different overlay.

You also had a lot of griefers at the Arkfalls (rifts) who ran over everything with their cars.

Dunno if things have changed now.

I quit playing after the first week or so--just wasn't my thing.

smr00

Banned
Bought Toki Tori 2+ for $9.98.. See what happens when your store doesn't work right Steam? I end up buying things for only 10-20% off.

WHAT AM I DOING

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Finally grabbing Bioshock Infinite, I've been waiting for too long for a Steam or Nuuvem deal in Reais that was close to R$40 and R$47,49 will have to do (used some of the wallet money I got from cards sometime ago too). Because of the current crazy dollar conversion even with the voucher the GMG deal would still cost me R$54, even though it's cheaper in USD. Going to play this as soon as it downloads.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just rolled out Enhanced Steam 3.9.2 and you should all be getting it in the next hour.

It fixes a bug with the Total Spent stats, and should improve performance with everything from the site.

I've also got my page set up on a CDN with my hosting company that should be helping the load as well. Thanks everyone for your patience with it this morning!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
you can gift the game to yourself through email and send the redeem gift url to modbot in a pm as if it were a key

it's in the OP

you of all people tetsuo, you disappoint me

sales thread moved to community

I only looked at the GIFs ; ;

edit: I actually didn't plan on using modbot, though. But, It seems like hte hip way to give out ze games now

God I think I am going to end this sale with a net positive at this rate. Not really interested in buying anything, more interested in making wallet credit for SR4.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I played a lot of CS 1.6 — will that experience translate to GO?

Sure. Just remember that while GO has less strict bullet penetration physics than Source (no more impenetrable wooden crates, for instance!), you can't awp someone through 10m of concrete. :p

I actually much prefer GO to Source, though 1.6 will likely always be my favourite of the bunch.

Seriously, 1 EXP for two games. WTF.

I want my level 12.

I will not be denied my trivial, stupid Steam Level.

How else will people know my worth to the community?

_PM

The Sonic Franchise Pack looks very cool for $15, but I think I'll wait for Generations or Racing Transformed to be on daily or flash, so the whole pack gets cheaper.

Salsa

Not really a good guide in the OP, its a few words for something that can be somewhat complicated.

Hell, the whole thing will fail if you don't send the names of the game in this format: Name - URL

oh im sorry did you wanna make the thread mister?

ibmdvA4mpn4XQj.gif

visibility of the guide is useless since people are obviously just skipping the OP altogether (asking about other things that are even clearer).

I'll add your guide tho

Miletius

Personally this was my game of 2012. Please, as before, self police and only pick it up if you plan on playing it sometime soon.

Also, anybody who is on the takers list is disqualified for this giveaway for now.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-391F51DBD484C119 - Taken by hygea

catabarez

Just rolled out Enhanced Steam 3.9.2 and you should all be getting it in the next hour.

It fixes a bug with the Total Spent stats, and should improve performance with everything from the site.

I've also got my page set up on a CDN with my hosting company that should be helping the load as well. Thanks everyone for your patience with it this morning!

Loving Enhanced Steam.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If salsa put his gif talent and effort into something more serious he would probably take over the world. 2spooky5me

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is a good idea. Although it will be bad when everyone ends up being blocked by one person.

After the sale has settled down I'm going to look at the kind of data input ModBot has gotten for everything and make a decision about how to deal with some of the user abuse issues going forward. I want to stress that ModBot is not a mod and so I'm very very very skeptical about linking any kind of GAF punishment to any kind of misuse of ModBot. I want it so that even if I were not a mod, ModBot would still function the same way. But obviously if anyone abuses it and permablocks xelios or something like that, I'll have to figure out a way going forward to avoid that kind of thing.

Grief.exe

oh im sorry did you wanna make the thread mister?

ibmdvA4mpn4XQj.gif

visibility of the guide is useless since people are obviously just skipping the OP altogether (asking about other things that are even clearer).

I'll add your guide tho

Can't account for stupidity I guess.

I was just a little lost when I was trying to do it, I was able to figure it out but had to dig through and find one of Stump's posts to do it.

H3xum

Wow. Cant believe the cleanup on upcoming pc games javadot did.

Can't wait to get home and play hotline...wanna blast summerjams for the big guy but miami's tunes seem legit enough

After the sale has settled down I'm going to look at the kind of data input ModBot has gotten for everything and make a decision about how to deal with some of the user abuse issues going forward. I want to stress that ModBot is not a mod and so I'm very very very skeptical about linking any kind of GAF punishment to any kind of misuse of ModBot. I want it so that even if I were not a mod, ModBot would still function the same way. But obviously if anyone abuses it and permablocks xelios or something like that, I'll have to figure out a way going forward to avoid that kind of thing.
Maybe if multiple people have perma'd someone?

Wedge7

Quote this post for a game.

Bioshock Infinite 1
Bioshock Infinite 2

Skyrim 1
Skyrim 2

But, but, but, you have to not have the game on your steam account, have it on your wishlist added at least a week ago, and show me some proof that you've given some stuff away. And it cant be shit like humble indie bundles or $2 value games. My discretion.

EDIT - Dont just post randomly, read the post carefully, and then post with all the proof, in the post.

Ifrit

So what's the general opinion on Scribblenauts? Worth it at 5 bucks?

Quote this post for a game.

Bioshock Infinite 1
Bioshock Infinite 2

Skyrim 1
Skyrim 2

But, but, but, you have to not have the game on your steam account, have it on your wishlist added at least a week ago, and show me some proof that you've given some stuff away. And it cant be shit like humble indie bundles or $2 value games. My discretion.

Bioshock Infinite

GAMERG0D

Couldn't someone abuse this by putting a lot of people their own blacklist which would in turn affect this blacklist?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Maybe if multiple people have perma'd someone?

Yeah that's the kind of flexibility I'd be looking to add. Ideally I'd do a reputation system and all that complicated jazz but I'm sooooo lazyyyyy

Couldn't someone abuse this and use a list of a lot of people on it that have done no wrong on their own blacklist which would in turn affect this blacklist?

Yes they could, and if that happens I'll do my best to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom