• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

LProtag

It's good that I don't have a job this summer and therefore don't have any money I can spend on the Steam sale, right?

Right?

MonkeyDot

Banned
It generated a giveaway for you for BioShock, is that correct?

I tried it again and now it said it was already generated, but I got no PM.
Anyway, here it is:

ModBot said:
:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Bioshock 1 failed because it was already added to ModBot for an earlier giveaway. It is listed as being a key for Bioshock 1 and has the secure key MB-A73695AB15D2548F - Taken by v0rtikal

Scotch

Does Scribblenauts get more open/deep after a while?

So far it's mostly been: some dude needs item -> type item -> done. It doesn't really feel like problem solving, and I haven't had to combine items or use adjectives.

wes-

Just got a iMac 27" with 680mx 2 days ago, bootcamp and now after 10 years back to play games on windows with great resolution :) now wondering what i should try from steam, any suggestions?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you dream of owning virtual space ships worth over $10k? Do you find a player driven economy to be highly compelling? Believe that Microsoft Excel is the best part of Microsoft Office?

If so, I have good news for you. You now have a chance to win a copy of Eve Online, which includes a 1 month subscription (Good only on new accounts):
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eve Online -- MB-98426C4518DE04C2 - Taken by Rafy

ameridion

Neo Member
The only way I have to stop being a lurker is start giving games so let me see if I did this right.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Hotline Miami -- MB-EEA8EB6E67087CE0
Bioshock 2 -- MB-1547CCEBD31EFE16 - Taken by nightstorm
Cave Story Plus -- MB-99EDCC72198F9687
Bioshock -- MB-449F32F6311B24CE - Taken by bengraven
The Binding of Isaac Plus DLC -- MB-A3133CCA8A2DC058

Slacker

Trying out Modbot with a game everyone probably already has but here goes:

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-5B98EACAEBFD26F9 - Taken by chronomac

Giving away the following game:
hotline-miami-logo-smfqoa4.png

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating. That's you javadots!

Hotline Miami -- MB-49E64EDCE5C65DD5 - Taken by Shambles

*recent purchases*

Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Counter-Strike: Source
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Left 4 Dead 2

I've never owned a Valve game. Did I do well?

ElFly

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hotline Miami -- MB-07EF849095EA4653 - Taken by Annubis

Xater

Just got a iMac 27" with 680mx 2 days ago, bootcamp and now after 10 years back to play games on windows with great resolution :) now wondering what i should try from steam, any suggestions?

Don't forget that Steam also has lots of great games for the Mac.

Yondy604

Banned
Giving away the following game:
hotline-miami-logo-smfqoa4.png

Hope I did it right lol

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating. That's you javadots!

Hotline Miami -- MB-49E64EDCE5C65DD5

Shambles

Try #2:

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Torchlight -- MB-B847C003A388A38F - Taken by Saty

scottzorus

Neo Member
*recent purchases*

Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Counter-Strike: Source
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Left 4 Dead 2

I've never owned a Valve game. Did I do well?
Yes, you have done well!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is it true that on the last day of the sale all games are priced the cheapest they've been during the sale?

No that's not true, although some games do typically repeat their daily sales on the last day.

The only relevance to the last day of the sale is for games that were NOT featured as daily or community sales, buy them on the last day because obviously if they were never featured, their full-sale-length deal is as good as it gets

Salsa

Is it true that on the last day of the sale all games are priced the cheapest they've been during the sale?

no

they tend to select the most popular ones throughout the whole thing and put those up for dailies

limited to 9 (or in this case 10) games tho.

Thraktor

God damn you Steam, why won't you let me give you money?

Is anyone else getting the message "Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company."? There's no reason for either of my cards to be declined, and I've retried a couple of times with both, but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom