• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

usea

Can you buy more than one copy of a game at a time on Steam? I want to buy ~6 games, but one of them I want to buy 2 copies so I can give one to a friend.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
9262974419_1a6e997e14_b.jpg

Help me please

Click the green button on the left. That'll solve your problem!

Chronoja

Is anyone else having trouble making purchases. Constantly getting the "failed to initialize or update transaction" error. Very annoying.

usea

Is anyone else having trouble making purchases. Constantly getting the "failed to initialize or update transaction" error. Very annoying.
Yeah I got this for about an hour. Tried restarting steam, re-adding the games to my cart, etc. Eventually I just gave up. I'll try again later.

Zia

So, despite my GPU being a little weak, Skyrim (with the high res texture pack enabled) runs like a dream on my 2011 iMac.

Best sale.

Yondy604

Banned
Giving away the following game:
hotline-miami-logo-smfqoa4.png

ust quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating. That's you javadots!
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-49E64EDCE5C65DD5

trying again!

Xater

How complex is Endless Space relative to other space sims?

It's a 4X like Civilization. If you can play Civ you are fine with Endless Space. It's not too complex, but does some interesting stuff (the combat especially). The only thing you need to get used to compared to Civ is what the different technologies to, but there are tooltips of course.

Remy

Just got a iMac 27" with 680mx 2 days ago, bootcamp and now after 10 years back to play games on windows with great resolution :) now wondering what i should try from steam, any suggestions?

That's the same rig I'm running on. Just about anything and everything will play just fine on it.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
How complex is Endless Space relative to other space sims? For example I like Galactiv Civ 2 a lot, but have no idea where it falls in the spectrum of complexity.

I'd say it's less complex than GalCiv2. The tech tree can be a little obtuse when you first start, but I have 4 or 5 people on my list that it was their first 4X game. After the first round they've been doing well enough to hang with the AI no problems.

Turfster

If you are giving away, it should be ASAP within a minute or two. I see you're trying to give away Hotline Miami? Did you not get a PM about it?

If you are trying to claim, you'll only hear back if you win.

Can you check on mine too, please?
It's been almost half an hour now, so I must have done something wrong...

DTKT

What can you actually get with the Summer Badge? Coupons, games and other "real" goodies? Or a bunch of random profile stuff?

thecjm

It shines in the management part, but the combat isn't as good as others. I read the fixed it to an extent in the last dlc, though.

The DLC now lets you set fire focus and formation strategies before the battle starts, but once it's started you don't have any control.

sibarraz

Banned
A question, could modbot had a restriction where in order to win a game, you must had gave some x amount of games?

Jesus, at this rate it will be like steamgifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom