• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

How does Steam handle it when you own JUST DLC and not the vanilla game?

I'm seriously considering buying the Skyrim DLC, then waiting until the game goes on sale on another site for less.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
*recent purchases*

Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Counter-Strike: Source
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Left 4 Dead 2

I've never owned a Valve game. Did I do well?
Not if you still lack their best games, aka Portal 1 & 2.

Mairu

whatchu know 'bout that STEAM MOBILE APP

Yeah, that actually seems to be more reliable than the site itself sometimes- but I can't watch the thread like a hawk for price mistakes (and free games...) like I would've been able to at my old job :p

Facism

I would consider editing that post before a mod sees it.

Was it really that bad of a post :(

You'd want to stay out of the Football thread in community if you think what i wrote was banworthy, mate. Just excited that steam wants me money after playing so many mindgames with me :(

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It's a 4X like Civilization. If you can play Civ you are fine with Endless Space. It's not too complex, but does some interesting stuff (the combat especially). The only thing you need to get used to compared to Civ is what the different technologies to, but there are tooltips of course.

Have you played Sins of a Solar Empire? Preference between the two?

Smash88

Banned
I want to do Gunslinger and Endless Space: Disharmony DLC. But I can't justify $20, when I can probably get FarCry 3 or Tomb Raider for that price which easily outclass these two items.

Mildudon

Here goes

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cthulhu Saves the World -- MB-851A9E1B340638E4 - Taken by Rafy

I'm seriously considering buying the Skyrim DLC, then waiting until the game goes on sale on another site for less.

Buy it as a gift, store it in your inventory and when you get the base game activate it to your account, if you're really worried about something messing up. Shouldn't make a difference.

PBalfredo

I bought FTL, I've only seen the trailer on the steam page and i have no idea what to expect really.

ylW2S.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Is there a point to getting the counter strike package instead of just CSGO? Does anyone even play those other games anymore?

Arulan

I've never played a strategy game (except for Halo Wars but let's be serious here) and I'm on the fence about getting one. I've always been interested in the genre but something just keeps holding me back

what's a good game to start off with? i know something is bound to go on sale so might as well take a chance on something

Well, in preparation for Total War: Rome II you could try the original, Total War: Rome.

Here is some gameplay of Total War: Rome II to give you an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ulaoGk7GfX8

I've never played a strategy game (except for Halo Wars but let's be serious here) and I'm on the fence about getting one. I've always been interested in the genre but something just keeps holding me back

what's a good game to start off with? i know something is bound to go on sale so might as well take a chance on something

Depends if you want turn-based or real-time. For the former, I'd suggest Civ 5 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown--both of which should be discounted to some degree in the sale.

I bought FTL, I've only seen the trailer on the steam page and i have no idea what to expect really.

Voted Dishonoured, Already own B2 and FC3 doesn't interest me much.

I voted Dishonored too because the FC3 discount wasn't that great and obviously BL2 has been on sale forever (also I own all three and a lot of people here seem to want Dishonored), but Far Cry 3 is an amazing game. Better than Dishonored in many ways.

Can't you buy it as a gift and send it to your email? then just sit on it in your inventory until you want to add it to your library?

Darkroronoa

Hmm i wonder how low summer getaway cards are gonna fall in price after people start getting them from community votes.
Are there any drops from crafting summer badges except backgrounds and emoticons?

dex3108

After resending register PM (i didn't got response in 15-20 minutes when i sent it first time) i'v got this message. I hope that key will sill work :D

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key for Cave Story Plus. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Cave Story Plus failed because it was already added to ModBot for an earlier giveaway. It is listed as being a key for Cave Story Plus and has the secure key MB-DCE4992F3AFFE7BB

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
And, honestly, I don't know what that means. This thread is MOVING, though.

EDIT: Re-read OP. Still confused.

ModBot is a script made by Stumpokapow. Basically, you pm the 'user' Modbot with steam cd-keys you want to give away. You can set restrictions on who can and cannot 'win' the games. Then ModBot generates a post with custom codes linked to the steam cd-keys for you to post in this thread. Users who qualify send a PM to modbot with the custom code from your ModBot post. Modbot then determines if that user is eligible for the code. If they are, Modbot sends them the steam cd-key.

Scotch

Is there a point to getting the counter strike package instead of just CSGO? Does anyone even play those other games anymore?

Oh yeah. For a while there CSGO was the least popular of the three. Although it seems to be picking up now thanks to all the sales.

Zom

Banned
I just bought endless space for $ 11, now I just going to buy games for 1 or 2$ or my wallet is going to explode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom