• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

statham

Tomb raider 1 classic.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider 1 -- MB-980B79B9337A17EF - Taken by OneEightZero

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Q: I have skyrim, and I am thinking of getting dragonborn. The problem is I have about 1000000000 mods installed. Will it still work?

You might have to download more stuff for each mod, but all of mine still worked when I bought the DLC.

Dipper145

finally the summer sale is here.. but boy is this thread moving super quickly.

very tempted to get don't starve, but I'm not sure yet. I'll think on it until later tonight.

bengraven

First two people to PM me a LINK to their user account gets a copy (1 each obviously) of

fuckedup.jpeg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Asking again:

Why is Modbot not its own thread, akin to the Trade and Sell or Steam Code Giveaway thread? Its derailing this thread and making it faster than it needs to be while it SHOULD serve for actual game discussions.

Original Post:
The giveaways and modbot talk should be its own thread. Its making the thread too fast and making it harder to follow up on discussions on certain games, especially now that we dont have the quote feature anymore.

I am really sorry about voicing a negative opinion here, but I think I dont really like it. Although it probably got more people to make giveaways just to try out the Modbot. Still, I prefer oldschool giveaway entering and giving, but its nice people have something to try out I guess. Should be its own thread though. Dont see how its any different than the Trade & Sell community thread, just that in this case its mod sanctioned.

stufte

Here we go again:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Scribblenauts -- MB-FD565701C35BB28F - Taken by Saty

Asking again:

Why is Modbot not its own thread, akin to the Trade and Sell or Steam Code Giveaway thread? Its derailing this thread and making it faster than it needs to be while it SHOULD serve for actual game discussions.

While you are right in a way, this is a sale thread, there will be no game discussion here anyway. We're just starting out, everyone is hyped. Things will slow down.

ev0

I know the rule "wait for the dailies", but what about Flash sales?

I've been eyeing CS GO forever, any chance it goes cheaper? And the CS complete pack is 75% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom