• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Counter Strike Source -- MB-2814BD4EA408175E - Taken by The Wizard
The Ship -- MB-A11F01E7BFD90F85
Half-Life 2 -- MB-4DC56EB16BBC09E2 - Taken by ameridion
The Binding of Isaac -- MB-79622A2745F42248 - Taken by Discoid
hai yall, enjoy

wilflare

Asking again:

Why is Modbot not its own thread, akin to the Trade and Sell or Steam Code Giveaway thread? Its derailing this thread and making it faster than it needs to be while it SHOULD serve for actual game discussions.

Original Post:

qft! i can't even ask what's good :/

Asking again:

Why is Modbot not its own thread, akin to the Trade and Sell or Steam Code Giveaway thread? Its derailing this thread and making it faster than it needs to be while it SHOULD serve for actual game discussions.

Original Post:

screw that

kenta

Has no PEINS
Anyone having issues with Stearn not sending gift emails? I've tried twice to redeem a gift via email so I can ModBot it and haven't gotten anything in hours

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
While you are right in a way, this is a sale thread, there will be no game discussion here anyway. We're just starting out, everyone is hyped. Things will slow down.

That is so not true. I could dig up about 20-30 huge posts I made about game discussions and recommendations in previous steam sale threads and currently dont feel like doing that in this thread when 25% of all posts are about an automated process which gives them even less screen time than usual.

I am tempted to create a Game Sale GAME discussion thread.

Spookie

Damn how is this on page 70-odd before I even get home from work. That's nuts. At least Call of J was reasonably cheap been waiting for a discount on that. :D

SuperHans

Not being able to buy anything is driving me mad. Really don't want to miss out on the Skyrim deal. Hopefully once the EU goes to bed it'll be okay

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I have already played Sins vanilla for like 100 hours already though. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Endless Space is getting got. Fuck it. FUCK IT.

Everdred

Probably still broken. Call of Juarez Gunslinger up above wasn't claimed yet, which is impossible.
4Arh03E.png

:(

Owensboro

Woo! Just cleared Zeno Clash off my Backlog, which means I can buy a new game! Hotline Miami is $2.50? Sweet.

Hmmm. New Vegas Ultimate for $12? Deal or no deal?

Wait for the daily deal! If it doesn't end up being one, then it's totally worth $12, but you might as well wait. New Vegas is Fallout 3 with better writing.

Wok

That is so not true. I could dig up about 20-30 huge posts I made about game discussions and recommendations and currently dont feel like doing that in this thread when 25% of all posts are about an automated process.

Wait for a few days and the thread will be slowly growing again.

bengraven

Congrats Pijnboompit and Yondy604!

Now accept those friend requests.

I may give away another couple copies later, but we'll see what's going on.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Asking again:

Original Post:

Because people are allowed to do giveaways in here, they always have been allowed to do giveaways in here, the tool they use to do those giveaways shouldn't change whether they're allowed to post them, sale threads have almost never had game discussions but they easily can right now if anyone wants to have one, this is your fourth or fifth sour grapes post and it makes you come off as having a bizarre vendetta, almost everyone here is very happy about it and happily using the service--and by definition if people weren't using the service because they weren't happy, it wouldn't be clogging the thread.

Feel free to continue complaining from now until the end of time. Thanks.

Okay. Again.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Intrusion 2 -- MB-755CBF9E75ECABE5
Oil Rush -- MB-06416F68F82AD106

Just got home from work. Seems like a standard steam sale so far. Anything interesting happen? Thread is huge already.
this:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-8E4717972D1251CB - Taken by javadots
Saints Row IV -- MB-D08239F4F3E411A1 - Taken by javadots
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-9EBE78BA33BF286B -- Taken by javadots
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition -- MB-B6DE7F2E61ABF76B - Taken by javadots
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-D434AB8E98E554DC - Taken by javadots
Dishonored -- MB-6FBDC1426820B265 - Taken by javadots
Farcry 3 -- MB-D2B42FF0DDBD10CE - Taken by javadots
Antichamber -- MB-C6D23CDA17683653 - Taken by javadots
Toki Tori 2 -- MB-37E88EC11A033700 - Taken by javadots
The Walking Dead -- MB-FD2361BAF4B23B11 - Taken by javadots
Bad Rats -- MB-2B43CCF23E40F5E6 - Taken by javadots

Rubius

Definitely hold off on Dont Starve until in the next few days.

Featured sales usually do not go below the Featured sales price. I think I saw one exception during the Holiday sale and it was due to a vote of the community. I doubt it will go lower. I have hundreds of game to play, so I usually dont go for anything else than indie titles right now on steam.

But if you want Dont starve cheap, get it. Its popular, and wont go lower than that because its popular.

Cheddahz

Banned
Did a XCOM giveaway happen while I was gone?

Anyways, here's a giveaway for a cheap game a bunch of my Steam friends have been playing lately!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

McPixel -- MB-C1C309164C784C81 - Taken by RibbedHero

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Asking again:

Original Post:

Because people are feeling generous and giving away games. Modbot is supposed to make it easier to give games away and not clog up the thread with "first to quote gets X"

You're not going to get much high level game discussion in a sale thread.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That is so not true. I could dig up about 20-30 huge posts I made about game discussions and recommendations and currently dont feel like doing that in this thread when 25% of all posts are about an automated process.

It's a new novelty that allows the gifting of games, give it some time. Eventually the thread will calm down and resume discussion about the actual games.

lol, Javadot.

I know the rule "wait for the dailies", but what about Flash sales?

I've been eyeing CS GO forever, any chance it goes cheaper? And the CS complete pack is 75% off

I'm pretty sure Flash sales are similar in relative price drop to dailies. If it's a big enough sale like 75+% I wouldn't be afraid of a daily undercutting it, but that's just me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom