• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

Current stats:
Takers
Deadbeat 15
DeadlyVirus 12
DamnTheMan 9
javadots 9
Addnan 7
WeaselJCD 7
73V3N 6
scorpscarx 6

Givers (number of keys given not value of games):
39 xelios
23 Dog Problems
20 Stumpokapow (a bunch of these aren't mine or are fake keys from testing, I think I've only given away 5 or so real keys?
19 Glass Rebel
18 didamangi
16 AndyBNV
14 Nimajneb
14 morningbus
13 Xclash
13 dirtywhirlwind
11 Baconsaurus Rex
11 graywolf323
10 Bizzity
9 Ezra2680
9 JaseC
9 jshackles
8 Twinduct
8 smr00

(these stats may be offset by fake keys in both directions during the initial beta test priod)

that number will increase after I've gone through more of my past bundle purchases to see what I have left, also have a few things in my Steam inventory I plan to give away just gotta get gift links for them

Salsa

Corto is a gentleman and a scholar and has responded to my whiny bitching of missing giveaways by gifting me Gunslinger

if I had a dog, I would make him eat some chocolate just so I could take him to his veterinary care

bengraven

Can you ONLY gift things on Steam (directly, not emailed) if they're on your friends list? I've never had that issue before I think.

Also, thanks for Bioshock ameridion! I ended up RRoDing halfway through it on my Xbox and still haven't picked it up for PC these years later.

MonkeyDot

Banned
Has anyone given Don't Starve away? Because that's my priority right now, and I probably won't get money for Steam before the end of the daily deal.

Actually, do you think it's gonna come back in the Encore?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A negative opinion is now called a bizarre vendetta? I am sure there are a few people not speaking out against this clogging up the sales thread because its by a mod. Maybe it will quiet down a bit after a few days, but currently I dont feel like participating much in this thread because it definitely is more bloated through this program and talk about how the program works than in previous threads.

But sure, every negative criticism is a "bizarre vendetta". Get your blinders off.

No, every negative criticism is not a bizarre vendetta. People can feel free to criticize the limitations of this approach, or the wisdom of giveaways in general, or me personally.

Entering the thread and saying
"I don't get modbot"
"Yeah that doesn't sound like an advantage to me"
"Yeah manual giveaways do just fine"
"Oh I guess that's an advantage but I'd rather do it manually"
"Well my way works better than modbot because no one can abuse a manual process"
"Why is everyone still talking about ModBot it's getting in the way of discussion"
"I hate to repost but why is everyone still talking about ModBot"
is a bizarre vendetta. Do you think no one heard you the first time?

Do whatever you want. Talk about whatever you want in here--you feel that giveaways are prohibiting game discussion, but I see the occasional person asking for game feedback and getting it, undetered by giveaways. Giveaway whatever you want however you want. Criticize as much as you want. Giveaways are permitted here, whether they use ModBot or not. If ModBot has made it easier for people to giveaway stuff so more of the thread is giveaways, that's fine by me and I hope by you as well. For what it's worth, the thread speed is so fast in large part because GAF is twice as large as it was last summer sale and probably 50% or more larger than it was last winter sale.

I don't say this because I have time invested into the tool, I say this because I like the tool as a user and because as a moderator I need to respond to people complaining about anything site-related.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
My current steam profile is already recovered. And I did redeem them all, minus the ones I gave away. Happy?

Maybe if you didn't act like an asshole with your "i'm gonna take everything because i can" type posts bragging about it, people would not be so harsh on you.

graywolf323

just one this time and let someone new get it

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles -- MB-7439D5B23676A784 - Taken by EatinOlives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom