• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

Out of curiosity, how is the bot programmed? How are you interfacing between the browser and whatever backend you might have?

The_Monk

Corto is a gentleman and a scholar and has responded to my whiny bitching of missing giveaways by gifting me Gunslinger

if I had a dog, I would make him eat some chocolate just so I could take him to his veterinary care

He's a great person fellow GAFfer, so go ahead and give much more Bro-hugs to that fellow GAFfer!

Don't forget!

Grief.exe

A negative opinion is now called a bizarre vendetta? I am sure there are a few people not speaking out against this clogging up the sales thread because its by a mod. Maybe it will quiet down a bit after a few days, but currently I dont feel like participating much in this thread because it definitely is more bloated through this program and talk about how the program works than in previous threads, in which I had many discussions about the quality of games.

But sure, every negative criticism is a "bizarre vendetta" instead of something that might be something to consider the use. Get your blinders off. But I can see how that might be hard for you since you are personally invested in the tool. Still, maybe someone should create a game discussion thread if this keeps clogging up the thread (since I apparently wasnt the only one agreeing with this).

Another one of Salsa's perfect gifs

i00ybzlMnwxyi.gif

Dipper145

So all the keys that have been given, but not taken according to that stats thing, are they just kind of lost unless someone goes through the thread to find them somehow?

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Cargo Commander failed because it was already added to ModBot for an earlier giveaway. It is listed as being a key for Cargo Commander and has the secure key MB-3712D1A87A0ABC97

Key should still work, I never got the original message. Let me know.

Caerith

I don't get the java joke, was he the one with the hulk avatar?
Hulk with santa hat was Leon Belmont (he has since changed it).

The Jawa joke is because he went on a streak of sniping every key that popped up and then rubbing it in everyone else's faces, so naturally a lot of people are sore at him. (It probably doesn't help that his every post since joining has been argumentative, devoid of content, trolling, or lamenting his superiority.)

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Another one of Salsa's perfect gifs

i00ybzlMnwxyi.gif
Which Terminator is that from? Don't recognize that scene. First one?
For what it's worth, the thread speed is so fast in large part because GAF is twice as large as it was last summer sale and probably 50% or more larger than it was last winter sale.
Really? Wow. I wonder how it compares to when I first registered (early 2007).

I do wish Bioshock Infinite would drop a little more. $30's... okay... but I was hoping for something a bit more hardcore. $20 and I would have bought it point blank, now I'm just contemplating.

dex3108

Ok here is another small giveaway

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear Esther -- MB-A1E1773AE9DFE221 - Taken by JoduanER2

Chrysalis

Wait...so GMG price matched steam on Bioshock, but the 20% off coupon doesn't work? Why would they just match? Who's going to buy from them rather than direct without extra incentive?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What would all of you fine folks say if I told you I was going to be giving away a copy of Bad Rats to 1 ultra lucky user every day until the end of the sale?

Volotaire

I'm waiting on Counter Strike GO. No doubt it will repeat again, and hopefully go for 75%. If not, then I will have another chance.

EDI: Actually nah I Might just go fo it, they won't reduce it to 75%.

Caerith

Current stats:
Takers
Deadbeat 15
DeadlyVirus 12
DamnTheMan 9
javadots 9
Addnan 7
WeaselJCD 7
73V3N 6
scorpscarx 6

Givers (number of keys given not value of games):
39 xelios
23 Dog Problems
20 Stumpokapow (a bunch of these aren't mine or are fake keys from testing, I think I've only given away 5 or so real keys?
19 Glass Rebel
18 didamangi
16 AndyBNV
14 Nimajneb
14 morningbus
13 Xclash
13 dirtywhirlwind
11 Baconsaurus Rex
11 graywolf323
10 Bizzity
9 Ezra2680
9 JaseC
9 jshackles
8 Twinduct
8 smr00

(these stats may be offset by fake keys in both directions during the initial beta test priod)
Are anonymous benefactor giveaways counted under your numbers, Stump?

I can't be the only one whose store page freezes up CONSTANTLY due to heavy traffic, right? Valve really needs to stop cheaping out here because browsing for games is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom