• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeccai

I'm thinking of getting F.T.L I missed the sale on it recently. It looks kinda complicated, is it good?

FTL seems complicated the first ten minutes you play. It appears like there is a lot of shit going on. All of the information is thrown at you all at once and it can be a bit overwhelming, but all you need to do is spend a few minutes looking and playing.

After a few minutes it clicks and DAMN its a great roguelike game. Very very good, stole about 40 hours of my life last semester to the detriment of my microbiology grade haha.

Wok

I said I'm owning them. And I am, I'm on a roll. How is that not something to be proud of? It's all fair play.

One of them was Cth I believe. He did say thanks. Fair enough?

This sounds fair.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

EDGE -- MB-8EBC7E8F06F8F2D7 - Taken by greycolumbus

Acccent

Hey people, this is the first time a Steam Sale happens since I've registered on GAF...

1) Praise to ModBot. It's awesome.

2) How come do you all have unused keys? If they're from previous humble bundles or the like, isn't it weird to give them all out now? (or maybe it's tradition?)
If it's simple altruism: slowclap.gif

Hey people, this is the first time a Steam Sale happens since I've registered on GAF...

2) How come do you all have unused keys? If they're from previous humble bundles or the like, isn't it weird to give them all out now? (or maybe it's tradition?)

Bought a copy of Hotline Miami to give away in this thread. :)

I am so tired of weirdos who use the Market but don't care about making money. It seems to be these guys who are level 50+ already usually too.

I took a nap after posting some uncommon stuff, one not even being on the Market yet. I come back and there's mine at $10 and the next dude who posted put it at $1.50 which then snow balled down to $0.49 for the others. What the poo?

I know $10 is waaaaaaayyy too much but on these first days when there's no history (Scribblenauts) I don't get why people try to bottom it out so quickly.

Because, in a free market, people are driven by self-interest.

If your price and their price are similar, then they are not assured a sale.

By having a lower price, they are more likely to have a sale and therefore benefit while you will not.

This ain't communist, man. It's a market. Seriously, what are they teaching people in school these days?

Iresecia

Neo Member
WTF!

this is more absurd than someone saying Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas

go watch them now

To be fair I haven't seen the Terminator films either. But I haven't seen a lot of films. We could make a whole thread based on people asking me what movies I've seen.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Is there any way I can check old humble codes to see if they've been redeemed? Does Steam give a different message based on whether I own it or its been redeemed already?

rockx4

I wonder if Dragonborn will drop below $9.99 as a daily deal. The Flash deal has a pic of the Legendary Edition, so I'm hoping the 50% off Dragonborn is the standard sale price.

dex3108

I was looking at my HIB library and i have noticed that i have couple unused codes :D That's my story :D

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
40 pages of sales thread is like the first 2 in a regular thread. I expect the "HOW DOES MODBOT WORK" talk will dial down eventually

and hopefully if I keep making gifs people will fucking look at the flashy moving images (cause text clearly dont cut it) and realize that everything they wanna know is in the OP

My prediction of "this sale sucks" talk has been replaced by "modbot wut"

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
8 times as many users overall, at least that in active concurrent users.
i4voVwKvHwhwO.gif

That's insane.

Anyways, a couple hours left for the community vote. Vote Dishonored 2013!

ev0

Man, now I feel bad for lurking in the other thread so much, locked out of modbot haha. There's always the future.

I've also been reminded I've never seen Terminator despite owning it on video.

stufte

Here's another, hope this one works (it's from a while ago...):
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-5E875D64720232A8 - Taken by Jzero

Jintor

idk, I dont wanna call people idiots just cause, I get why you'd skim it but if you're gonna ask a question that seems pretty obvious (or strikes you as something that has probably been asked before), then it's just 2 seconds to click on the "first page" link.

It's not like the thread takes me hundreds of hours to make or anything, but it's discouraging

Stearn?

DrSlek

Both the website and the client keep telling me the store is unavailable due to heavy load on the servers.

I don't think I've ever seen that before in a previous sale. Is this the most popular sale yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom