• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass. $10 is what I was waiting for. And even though I had all the premium/preorder DLC, bought that for the guns. Yeah...

Halfway done with the summer card collection.

I know the version of Skyrim on sale is the original and not the recently released one w/ the DLC, but is there anything other than the DLC that the newer version has that's worth paying extra for, or am I good w/ Skyrim vanilla as I don't really care about DLC?

You can get 200+ hours easily without the DLC

Glix

HOLY SHIT

I have never played a Magical Drop game ever. Not even the demo... I can embarrassingly admit that I thought it was just a Bust A Move variation. Wow. Its not. It's REALLY god.

Well worth the 2 bucks or whatever it is. Wow.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmmm nothing of interest for me since I already own the good stuff today.

Waiting for something else.

Sianos

Don't Starve tempts me, but I'd rather wait for future discounts/a Humble Bundle.

I've heard great things about Antichamber, though. Sell me on it, GAF! <3

masterkajo

Are they? Any way to check what the cards are actually going for. All I see in the recent sales is cards going for like $2 a piece. Newly listed shows people asking for ludicrous prices though. Can't fault them for trying.

I don't know exactly if they are selling at that price but a lot of people put cards (eg Elizabeth common from Bioshock infinite for 3, 5 and 20 euro) and suddenly they are gone and a 40 ist the only one remaining.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I know the version of Skyrim on sale is the original and not the recently released one w/ the DLC, but is there anything other than the DLC that the newer version has that's worth paying extra for, or am I good w/ Skyrim vanilla as I don't really care about DLC?

Skyrim vanilla gave me like 80hrs of gameplay, plus there are a crapload of mods.

It is like Portal in the sense that it is a first person puzzle game but that's about it. It's its own beast. Drops you into the world with no explanations and then leaves you to explore its Metroidvania esque structure with only your own understanding as a tool initially. While you will unlock a couple of "power ups", so to speak, your progress will mainly be determined by your ability to grasp the way the various mechanics in the game work as you proceed through.

It's might be the most masterfully done example of teaching the player without ever explicitly saying or demonstrating anything in gaming. It's also my second favorite title this year behind The Last of Us. Truly great.

Sounds awesome. Trying to buy it. Steam keeps going down. Fuckin a.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Really wish GameMaker Studio was discounted. :< I was going to buy it immediately if it was.

I guess it could pop up in a flash deal or something. I'll just have to keep watching.

It was on a flash or daily sale during the winter sale, so I think it will happen again :)

rrs

Don't bother with hearthfire unless it's 75+% off, but otherwise the DLC has some neat stuff

Cynar

Legendary is on sale as well for 40% off. Go to the store page.

Turfster

And then bastion disappeared from the official new card list, to be replaced by mars war logs.
Make up your minds, Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom