• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

That face when my girlfriend tells me to slow down on buying games because I need, UGH, groceries:

Cartman.gif

Time to break up.

Gregorn

Haven't been able to buy a thing. Getting this error.

2aAsQn6.png

Tried with a Mastercard and my Visa Debit and getting the same error. Why didn't I top up my Steam wallet in preparation. Rookie mistake.

Yeah I'm getting the same. It freaked me out, I thought I had somehow lost of all of my money.

Caerith

I think Toma's heart is in the right place. The Steam thread (and the Steam Sale thread) is basically all shit up from May to August so it's hard to actually discuss stuff without having to skim through 3 pages at a time of "I didn't read the OP, I just want to ask stuff" at a time. ModBot isn't to blame. The fault, really, is with the sabre-tooth tiger. Had it not gone extinct, we'd have an effective means of population control for the "doesn't read, just posts itshappening.gif" demographic.

RetroMG

I liked the Bioshock Infinite Postcard so much, I dug out the free key I got with my new video card a few months ago, and I'm going to test out ModBot by giving it away!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock Infinite -- MB-6E2C8BE5E990A204 - Taken by javadots

I hope this works.

The_Monk

I can't take sides because I respect Toma, Stump and every single fellow GAFfer in this thread who is amazing, kind and keeps building this Community as one of the best communities ever.

Much love and GAF-Hugs to you all!

mannerbot

So, McPixel is one of the weirdest games I've ever played.

Basically, every level consists of 6 one-screen point-and-click adventure puzzles. Like WarioWare, you have a limited period of time to solve them--20 seconds to be precise. After 20 seconds, the level explodes. You need to put out the bomb by clicking on things, or by picking up things and using them on other things.

If you win, you move to the next screen.
If you lose, you move to the next screen.
After all 6 screens it wraps back around to the first unfinished screen.
Once you've beaten the level you can replay it to try to unlock all the various failure types as well as the success type.

But the thing that makes it most weird is that there's no rhyme or reason. In one level you might see a bomb and click on it and it blows up, you lose, and then in the next level you might click on the same bomb and your character eats it and thus it doesn't explode and you win. So basically you have no idea what's going to happen.

Because of this it's more an interactive screensaver than a game, but it's still pretty fun. You can beat the whole game (4 chapters of 4 stages of 6 screens each) in a few hours and there's a ton of free DLC. It doesn't have Steam achievements or work with Steam overlay.

Weird.

I thought I'd like McPixel a lot more than I did/do, but yeah basically you just click random stuff and watch something nonsensical happen. Not really my cup of tea.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think Toma's heart is in the right place. The Steam thread (and the Steam Sale thread) is basically all shit up from May to August so it's hard to actually discuss stuff without having to skim through 3 pages at a time of "I didn't read the OP, I just want to ask stuff" at a time. ModBot isn't to blame. The fault, really, is with the sabre-tooth tiger. Had it not gone extinct, we'd have an effective means of population control for the "doesn't read, just posts itshappening.gif" demographic.

I'm sorry to say that this is going to get worse and worse as the site gets larger and larger and the end game is not having a Steam thread at all because the platform gets too big and we start treating it like the consoles. It's very difficult to have a thread on GAF that incorporates both ongoing / breaking news elements and thoughtful reflection on games that were played. That's the price you pay for a site this large.

The chard dropping is on a huge delay right now.

Normally you could idle in the launchers/mainmenu and just wait for the magical green notification box on Steam to update, but right now that's laughably backlogged AND delayed.
I'd give it a day. There's no rush unless you want cards to SELL.

Sera O

Banned
well, the soundtrack can be found in the steam folder in .ogg format, so you don't have to buy the soundtrack unless you want MP3

Yeah, I went about things in reverse (bought the soundtrack already) so it seems I need to buy the game in order to even get the mp3s in the first place. I didn't even consider that it would be a problem, but I guess now I know!

koolaroo

I liked the Bioshock Infinite Postcard so much, I dug out the free key I got with my new video card a few months ago, and I'm going to test out ModBot by giving it away!

I hope this works.

Really?! I wanted that javadots :/ I was so fast too I was all like I have a chance. and then I didn't. Oh well :/

BHK3

Banned
I'm sorry to say that this is going to get worse and worse as the site gets larger and larger and the end game is not having a Steam thread at all because the platform gets too big and we start treating it like the consoles. It's very difficult to have a thread on GAF that incorporates both ongoing / breaking news elements and thoughtful reflection on games that were played. That's the price you pay for a site this large.

start restricting things to GAF Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom