• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
Go easy on me, but...why would anyone buy these trading cards you can earn?

you might not get certain ones and maybe people want their badges.

For CS GO I've gotten like 5 Balkan cards and 2 SWAT cards and nothing else. for someone impatient I would imagine they would just spend the $1 instead of hoping they randomly get it after X amount of playtime

Bought Toki Tori 2+ already, been waiting for the Steam sale to pick it up and it's a first day daily, sweet.

Am tempted to get Don't Starve, but I literally just bought Minecraft on the 360 two weeks ago and am not sure if I want to buy another crafting/simulation game so soon, especially since I'm still having a ball with Minecraft. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first Steam game I bought that just sat in my games library for a year before playing it.

catabarez

Picked up Don't Starve, not sure if I'll get anything else other than Rogue Legacy at some point since I've gotten every AAA game I've wanted already from GMG.

Is Psycho dlc for BL2 worth keeping an eye on for a sale?

Also why do people care about this trading card BS? I guess I'll never understand the E-peen mentality.

Free money bro

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Holy shit a twin?

:O

2I9s5I8l.jpg

damaph

So I'm thinking about getting CS:GO, but then the CS Complete is only $2.50 more. Would it be worth it to get the complete collection or would I just end up only playing CS:GO anyways?

Dishonored is a great action game, but it's not a good stealth game. The primary mechanism of taking down unaware opponents rests upon an (UE3tm) unreliable button prompt that may or may not actually be prompted when you're near an enemy, even at ridiculously close ranges. The SAME button also draws your weapon, which is an audible que for the AI to respond to.

result: lots upon lots of unwanted reloads because someone decided it would be neat to add a stealth mechanism to a shooter / action game. IF this game was designed to be a stealth game first, which I sincerely doubt, someone should have pointed that out early on during QA sessions.

In particular because Thief 1 and 2 have a completely reliable blackjack which can be 100% trusted to work and not fuck up your sessions. (its range was toned down for deadly shadows though, but even at those very close ranges, it still worked as intended)

I know this isn't 'the thread to do this', but it's what I experienced trying to play the game what I thought was 'straight up stealth' on the first playtrhough. I can't be bothered to finish the game, despite being at the end.
It's a great action game though.

Grief.exe

Before ModBot, if I wanted to give away keys without lurkers taking them it would actually result in more posts. Quote if you want the key etc. It also adds a very useful layer of accountability and transparency which isn't there with manual giveaways. Once the excitement of having a new method to give gifts wears off, and when everyone has learned how the system works, the number of posts pertaining to ModBot will dwindle. I see nothing wrong with the marked increase in generosity surrounding the summer sale that ModBot -- in large part -- has helped facilitate, though.

Stump already created a separate thread for the ModBot FAQ and has told posters to refer to it when asking questions, but as the bot itself serves to replace the traditional methods we used to hand out Steam keys in the Steam thread (yes, was never in a separate thread), I don't see why that function would need a separate thread.

The reason you don't see many other complaints has nothing to do with Stump being an admin; rather, it is because appreciation is the standard human reaction when someone uses their own free time to make life easier for yourself and others while expecting and receiving nothing in return.

Xelios dropping the truth

So I'm thinking about getting CS:GO, but then the CS Complete is only $2.50 more. Would it be worth it to get the complete collection or would I just end up only playing CS:GO anyways?

That is the one case where I'd recommend just getting GO, especially if you never played the series.

MonkeyDot

Banned
Dishonored is a great action game, but it's not a good stealth game. The primary mechanism of taking down unaware opponents rests upon an (UE3tm) unreliable button prompt that may or may not actually be prompted when you're near an enemy, even at ridiculously close ranges. The SAME button also draws your weapon, which is an audible que for the AI to respond to.

result: lots upon lots of unwanted reloads because someone decided it would be neat to add a stealth mechanism to a shooter / action game. IF this game was designed to be a stealth game first, which I sincerely doubt, someone should have pointed that out early on during QA sessions.

In particular because Thief 1 and 2 have a completely reliable blackjack which can be 100% trusted to work and not fuck up your sessions. (its range was toned down for deadly shadows though, but even at those very close ranges, it still worked as intended)

I never had problems with that, and I even disabled the prompts.

Mordeccai

Bought:

Cave Story+
Dear Esther
Hotline Miami
Cart Life
DLC Quest

I now have 30 games in my steam library and no pc that can actually play them. :)

Ahhh, I remember two years ago, when I was just like you. I had a shitty 200 dollar laptop, and a steam account with four games. That summer came, and it bumped up to about 25 games like terraria, cave story, deus ex, stuff like that.

Here I am now years later with 150 games and a fucking gaming PC.

The crazy shit that digital hording will get you to do, man.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, don't recall that. GetGamesGo did a 2 for $15 sale with some other Bethesda games (not including Skyrim), but unless you never owned Fallout, don't think that's a better deal than this.

I got it from GamersGate in May for £7.49

Mordeccai

Is this about me getting the trading cards instead of Sblargh? I don't really care about the cards, I can gift them if anyone wants them. (if that's a thing one can do)

Not at all! I was referring to them telling me you only get card drops in DOTA if you spend money on the game. Carry on!

Grief.exe

How do I get the key from a game that's in my inventory so I can send it to modbot?

You gotta be kidding me with this

ijdpXGlPIfTho.gif

Modbot Guide for Gifts through Steam

Add Game to Cart

Select Purchase as Gift

Select Send Gift Via email

5dfTeqM.png

When you receive the email, scroll to the bottom. There will be a section titled, 'To receive your gift:' and a url below it.

Enter that URL in a PM to modbot in this fashion.

Game Name - https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F

The full code will look like https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F?redeemer=YOUREMAIL@gmail.com
Delete the question mark and everything after it in the PM to Modbot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom