• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aitor

Leftovers
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Introversion Bundle -- MB-AC21AC896F7C6C86 - Taken by hlhbk
Atom Zombie Smasher -- MB-D3733647DB34ACCC - Taken by Cth
Cortex Command -- MB-AE8EC7BA20983E1F - Taken by Dipper145

Dipper145

Do you guys mind if I do a giveaway normally, or through modbot? I gave some games away at Bingo in the winter through random methods, and I'd like to give games again.

If you give them away normally, I'd say its more likely that someone who hasn't already gotten 10 games through modbot will get it, but I'm not sure.

MonkeyDot

Banned
Alright now, I'm going to get some cereal. If I get back and see that I missed Don't Starve again, I am going to find the winner, and politely ask him to teach me how he mastered the art of getting Don't Starve.

I know we're all upset, but no need to say someone should get hit by a bus. Even as a joke.

Anyways...if my client ever decides to work I'm picking up Don't Starve, Antichamber and possible Defiance on day 1.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm sorry to say that this is going to get worse and worse as the site gets larger and larger and the end game is not having a Steam thread at all because the platform gets too big and we start treating it like the consoles. It's very difficult to have a thread on GAF that incorporates both ongoing / breaking news elements and thoughtful reflection on games that were played. That's the price you pay for a site this large.

No clue how to ask this without coming across as having a bizarre Vendetta once more (Hey, I tried making peace in my last post!), but why do we add even more topics to a huge thread instead of them having their own threads then? I still dont see how anyone would be negatively influenced by Modbot being its own thread. I am honestly curious. Anyone?

And since there is no way that these questions will not come across as a "bizarre Vendetta" now, I'll probably leave it at that and hope the thread quiets down over the next few days when the Modbot questions die out a bit, but I still would love to read an answer.

Anyway, sorry guys for derailing the thread myself too! Love you guys, have fun collecting your games ;p Maybe I'll be back here at one point.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
This Java shit is getting out of hand IMO. It's one thing to take advantage, he's practically gloating at this point though.

The_Monk

Do you guys mind if I do a giveaway normally, or through modbot? I gave some games away at Bingo in the winter through random methods, and I'd like to give games again.

In my opinion it's your choice. However I hope your kind gifts can go to a good home, full of great people from this Community. Not just lurkers.

But that is just my modest opinion, fellow GAFfer.

Petrie

Banned
Yes, let's wish that someone potentially dies, or atleast get's critically wounded for taking a bunch of games that people gave out for free. Yes. Totally rational.

Hoping for less shitty people is not something I'll be ashamed of.

Or do we all have to be super serious due to recent events now?

sibarraz

Banned
Has really java got all the games? I can't follow the whole thread and don't know how much is joking and how much is true

That being said, if people really wanted to avoid that, they could put more restrictions

Is it just me who doesn't think this first come-first serve function of ModBot is very fair? It's an awesome tool, but it would be much more fair if you at least had a little more time to throw your name in the hat.

I think it would be better if ModBot took entrants for a 5-10minute period and then chose someone at random rather than the first to PM.

But it's not like we're limited to modbot we can still give away keys manually/at our own discretion.

oxbear

Neo Member
I didn't get a postcode after the first PM, so I resent it. Here is the giveaway.
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Sleeping Dogs failed because it was already added to ModBot for an earlier giveaway. It is listed as being a key for Sleeping Dogs and has the secure key MB-B19FD35C7C75CB19 - Taken by JoduanER2

cicero

I think Toma's heart is in the right place. The Steam thread (and the Steam Sale thread) is basically all shit up from May to August so it's hard to actually discuss stuff without having to skim through 3 pages at a time of "I didn't read the OP, I just want to ask stuff" at a time. ModBot isn't to blame. The fault, really, is with the sabre-tooth tiger. Had it not gone extinct, we'd have an effective means of population control for the "doesn't read, just posts itshappening.gif" demographic.
It's more than just his heart being in the right place. He has actually been one of the major driving forces for multiple relatively unknown games being promoted in the Steam threads, which caused people to take note and buy titles they might not have otherwise even noticed. SpaceChem, Frozen Synapse, Dungeons, his Indie threads, etc. It is what he does, and it is quite wonderful to find compared to lazy repeat questions or a flood of commentary about bots and giveaways.

Compared to earlier threads during Steam Sales, this thread, at least for me, seems to have had FAR less comments about the quality or merits of games, especially little known gems worth mentioning. :(

javadots

Banned
Has really java got all the games? I can't follow the whole thread and don't know how much is joking and how much is true

That being said, if people really wanted to avoid that, they could put more restrictions

I gave more than half of the ones I won away.

Will this work ? I'm not sure if I'm doing it right...

ModBot said:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (UnluckyKate, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
English Country Tune --
Dear Esther --
Oil Rush --

Key are not shown on purpose. What do I do next ? I'm so confused

Dipper145

There was a stats posted, It looked like the same 8 people have gotten a lot of the games. But I'm not sure how accurate it is.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-6E2C8BE5E990A204 - Taken by javadots

xl8P9t1.png

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

It's not just that, he got a lot of games, but acted all smug about that saying that he was taking stuff just because he could, etc.... look at his post history.

Terra_Ex

Is the store usually this shitty during sales? I can't even add shit to my cart >.<

I JUST WANNA BUY GAMES

No, this is the worst it's been, been pretty shitty for the past 6 hours since it started, with frequent heavy load errors across the store. I wouldn't mind if the front page deals were mindblowing but even browsing through the regular sales has been an uphill battle.

smr00

Banned

He's gotten more than should be allowed.

Fenror

Neo Member
Yeah I gotta side with Toma, this giveaway stuff is getting ridiculous. As entertaining as this javadots drama is, it's really not what I expect or want out of a thread like this...

Veezy

que?
Then she says things like, "you'll never play all those games."

I don't think she understands what it means to have a Steam account.
YOU tell her to watch that mouth or you'll stop putting out. Then, you have more time to download those games. You'll show her. You'll be the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom