• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Oh, come on. Dust clearly has furry DNA in its art style.

I'll still buy it because it looks like it plays great. I assure you I will only play it when no one else can see the monitor though.

There is absolutely nothing wrong or embarrassing about the art style.

NAPK1NS

Can I get a pitch on Fallout: New Vegas?

I'm sure the answer will be "OMG GET IT NAO," but a critical answer would be appreciated. Does it take a million hours to pull the ripcord like Fallout 3? That game's intro was a lot of bullshit.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I got a free $50 Steam card, so this sale's been very easy on my brain as opposed to other years.

Barbarian

Average gamer age is 30 ish?

Lots of posts about people running out of money?

Like...is everyone over exaggerating? Do you spend like 100s of dollars?

What is everyone's budget going into this, just curious?

I put funds in Steam wallet and use that to
try to
control myself.
It's hopeless.

Prophane33

I am a student currently. And so are alot of other people. It's also not surprising to see 30 something's going back to school as well tbh.

Exactly, 30 yr old student here. Usually I'd be spending around 75 bucks or so on this sale, since I don't have many other responsibilities; however, I'm moving across the country to start my grad program and thus need every penny I can scrounge. I've spent 2.49 which was 2.49 over my budget. Luckily, thanks to the trading card aspect of this sale I was able to buy the other two games I wanted with 5.20 to spare.

dk_

I don't know how you people do it, but idling Killing Floor and Terraria at the same time gave me 3 cards, but after that I got nothing more for an hour. When I idle only one game I don't have any problems.

liezryou

Alright i know i said i would only do a giveaway if the dailies were awesome but ah fuck it. I love you GAF (Someone tell me what to get, I'm on a 7.50 budget, torn between dust and CC+Dishonored DLC).

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-A40FEC8393C512CF - Taken by MikeDown
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-052E5CC6D63CC12E - Taken by Widdly Scuds

I'm sure the answer will be "OMG GET IT NAO," but a critical answer would be appreciated. Does it take a million hours to pull the ripcord like Fallout 3? That game's intro was a lot of bullshit.

It has a shorter intro sequence. You wake up after getting shot in the head, get patched up and sent into the world. The game gives you a recommended route (go south to head north), but ultimately what you do is up to you. If you decide to head through Quarry Junction as a level one nooblet, it's your call. You'll get torn into bloody viscera by angry Deathclaws, but it's your call.

It's a game that's difficult to grasp at first, especially when you come off of Fallout 3 and the freedom it seemingly offered. New Vegas feels a lot more restricted at first. But when you witness the branching storylines and general shit going down in the Mojave, you'll fall in love regardless.

Cth

I am a student currently. And so are alot of other people. It's also not surprising to see 30 something's going back to school as well tbh.

Just turned 40 last week, going to school full time, working part time.

Should have a second degree in Spring, still no FT job after being laid off 2 years ago.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Exactly, 30 yr old student here. Usually I'd be spending around 75 bucks or so on this sale, since I don't have many other responsibilities; however, I'm moving across the country to start my grad program and thus need every penny I can scrounge.
man I wish the best of luck to you. Times ate though all-around

I like the intro in New Vegas, it's straight to the point and gives you a clearly objective. I also liked the plot and how well written the companions were.

Alright i know i said i would only do a giveaway if the dailies were awesome but ah fuck it. I love you GAF (Someone tell me what to get, I'm on a 7.50 budget, torn between dust and CC+Dishonored DLC).

Awesome give away. If those are the only two options you have get the dust + CC combo.

edit: also get Fall NV UE if you dont have it. Its $5.

Salsa

Dust is pretty clearly Disney's Robin Hood inspired, rather than just *furry art*

Im not a huge fan of the artstyle, but the art itself is well done, and a pretty great achievement for just 1 guy. I get how it might not be everyone's cup of tea (it wasnt mine at first) but letting that get in the way of you enjoying such a great game is just silly.

Tenrius

There's no intro, you're free to go wherever you want from the very beginning.

Kreygasm

Thanks for the game, I've only played AW on consoles and missed the HumbleBundle deal a while back.

<3

Salsa

ijIizvXyCM3Ka.PNG

isnt this ilegal

I guess literally everyone is idling/farming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom