• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinDan

This thread moves fast. Can anyone from US GAF gift me Dishonored? Looking to avoid the Aussie tax. Will Paypal straight away.

E: Thanks tonkatsu

~Kinggi~

Banned
Is Castle Crashers worth anything as a single player game? Keep in mind i dont play multi a lot, and am mainly in it to play for the campaign and unlocks/scores and such.

Tellaerin

It is almost the worst Fallout. C'mon son.

I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I loved Fallout 3. There's just something incredibly atmospheric about it for me. I enjoyed just roaming around the wasteland, listening to Three Dog spin tunes and exploring. I'd see something off in the distance - a ruined factory, something that looked like a radar dish - and say, "Huh. I wonder what happened there. Let me go check it out." Coming across little tidbits about what the world had been like before the war felt really rewarding. It did a great job of creating a sense of place, of making the world feel real.

"Immersion" is one of those buzzwords that people throw around way too much nowadays, but that's something I got out of FO3 that I didn't get from the originals. Taken on its own merits, I think it's a great game.

rockx4

I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I loved Fallout 3. There's just something incredibly atmospheric about it for me. I enjoyed just roaming around the wasteland, listening to Three Dog spin tunes and exploring. I'd see something off in the distance - a ruined factory, something that looked like a radar dish - and say, "Huh. I wonder what happened there. Let me go check it out." Coming across little tidbits about what the world had been like before the war felt really rewarding. It did a great job of creating a sense of place, of making the world feel real.

"Immersion" is one of those buzzwords that people throw around way too much nowadays, but that's something I got out of FO3 that I didn't get from the originals. Taken on its own merits, I think it's a great game.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 well enough, I didn't like all the subway parts though.

Is Castle Crashers worth anything as a single player game? Keep in mind i dont play multi a lot, and am mainly in it to play for the campaign and unlocks/scores and such.

I found it pretty boring regardless of if I was playing it single player or multiplayer. It's a brawler with great style and plays pretty well but ultimately, it's still a brawler.

Salsa

saying Fallout 3 is almost the worst fallout doesnt mean its a bad game, not even close

but I mean, worst Fallout is obviously Tactics

fun fact: I dont have Fallout 3 on Steam. I actually have a boxed, GFWL-ridden copy

FO3 certainly delivers on immersion, something NV didn't even come close to doing, especially when it was an absolute buggy pile of wank with the worst memory leak in recent times making load times insane and dont even get me started on disappearing companions.

antitrop

Fallout 3 is one of the best games of the gen, independent of any relationship to other games in the franchise.

I'll admit the plot doesn't go anywhere and the ending is non-existent, DLC helped.

Apologies if this has been asked but are there any Dawn of War games I can get without having to deal with GFWL? Much like the Total War games, I've always been curious about these games. Don't feel like dealing with GFWL though...

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Let me try this one again.

Yo I'm interested in Dust, but looking for a bit of feedback.

This thing provide a real challenge? Does it ever feel like I'm just slashing through waves of punching bags, or do enemies actually fight back? Is there a decent amount of enemy variety?

I played the demo on Xdude and wasn't really sure one way or the other.

Thanks to whoever told me to get Ys earlier, game is already pretty great. Sleeping Dogs was awesome too for anyone on the fence.

Chances of Dark Souls PTD becoming a daily? Pretty high?

Yep. It's the most "immersive" game I have ever played thanks a lot to the amazing atmosphere that I've never seen another game come close to matching. That's what was noticeably missing from New Vegas making it ultimately the inferior game.

Sykotik

Apologies if this has been asked but are there any Dawn of War games I can get without having to deal with GFWL? Much like the Total War games, I've always been curious about these games. Don't feel like dealing with GFWL though...

I believe the original DoWs aren't GFWL. and I think Retribution doesn't have it, either.

Don't quote me on this.

To be more clear, Dawn of War 2 and Chaos Rising have GFWL. DoW2 Retribution does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom