• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real men wax their leg hair without shedding a tear.

At anyrate HR, for those who have played it, is the story/levels more linear in terms of objectives and design? Or are they more open allowing multiple ways to get to an objective or complete a task? Wut apout quests ands stuff, do those exist?

far more linear than the original games, but open enough to have multiple routes to an objective. The basic setup, albeit with modern aspects, is largely the same.

It is very unlikely that you'll regret it, even if the game does have certain flaws and is much more a shooter stealth game than the "fuck it, rpg?" structure of the first game.
Thinking of it now, it's really what you would expect coming of the second game. If you ignore the hate around that one, you'll see what I mean.

smr00

Banned
So how much bandwidth have people used in the last couple days?
Sse5YDB.png
Going to be a lot more, i am gonna be queuing up quite a bit of games to download tonight.

MikeDown

Banned
You are out of your gorram mind.
Well i didn't bother taking my thorazine today.

In all seriousness, I liked how in AC1 you could perform assassinations the way you wanted, the game gave you time to explore and plan out how to take out your target. Plus the enemies were actually challenging. In AC2 they really dumb downed the AI to the point where it just wasn't fun. And they took the control away from you in how you performed your assassinations. I remember one particular mission in
Venice where the game forced you to stand in a certain spot as you shot some guy whole was randomly standing on a boat not doing anything.

i want to buy natural selection. i just dont know. any chance it could be cheaper?

I'm on the fence as well. I just don't feel like paying near 5 quid for a game that used to be a MOD, and might not even run on my PC anyway. Not to mention it might be poo.

Mrbob

i want to buy natural selection. i just dont know. any chance it could be cheaper?

Something something OP something. :p

Nope. It's the cheapest the game has been. Well it might be cheaper if you wait another year to save a dollar or two.

Mugatu

Well i didn't bother taking my thorazine today.

In all seriousness, I liked how in AC1 you could perform assassinations the way you wanted, the game gave you time to explore and plan out how to take out your target. Plus the enemies were actually challenging. In AC2 they really dumb downed the AI to the point where it just wasn't fun. And they took the control away from you in how you performed your assassinations. I remember one particular mission in
Venice where the game forced you to stand in a certain spot as you shot some guy whole was randomly standing on a boat not doing anything.

I loved AC1.

Yeah it had problems but it was a great concept and if nothing else, I loved playing a modern, realistic sort of game in the middle east without being a Marine shooting at guys with AKs.

MrBig

so if HR is going down to $3, please tell me DX will be available for like... a dollar.

If the Buy Deus Ex Collection ($40) is also discounted by 85% that'll be $6 for every deus ex thing released. I'll be picking that up if so

Yay!!

Buy it. Buy it now.

Yay! :)

A very kind fellow GAFer gifted the original Deus Ex to me earlier.

So should I buy this one at this nice price or wait for the updated iteration of the same game for a decent price later on?

I've not been following what the updated iteration will be bringing to the table as until I got this new pc I didn't really expect to be playing it.

Has this game had the kinks ironed out that I heard console gamers complaining about or will I need to wait for the revised edition for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom