• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Well, it's getting kind of late, the Kerbal sale is going to be gone in 14 hours, and I still haven't made enough in cards. I guess I won't be able to get it during this sale.

Pavaloo

Dear God, the OP! The OP is your friend.

Check the flashing GIFs in the OP :p

They are daily deals right now, right? Daily and flash deals are as low as it gets.

Point taken! Just after seeing that image of how the prices are in different regions I thought there may be a chance of either games dropping in price, but I know now, dailies don't go any lower.

Cheers!

Sorian

Banned
Well, it's getting kind of late, the Kerbal sale is going to be gone in 14 hours, and I still haven't made enough in cards. I guess I won't be able to get it during this sale.

Don't lose hope! There may be an encore sale
I don't see why there wouldn't be one

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It totally did! I missed playing such a crazy multiplayer match, haven't had that much fun playing against strangers since my Jedi Outcast and F.E.A.R. Combat days.

And Jase, you're forgetting that I live in South America. I live and breathe high pings.

As long as you're happy, I suppose. :p

The only option is to stay up all night in the chances of a giveaway that will never come
or you won't win

Crayons

Banned
Just wait until the winter sale. You probably wouldn't have progressed much in the 5 months anyway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone here have any experience with OpenID? Specifically the "Sign in with Steam" OpenID that Valve offers?

Crusader Kings II needs a version of the FTL meme, only with just the first image...

More like this:

ftl_thydcav4kaur.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Previous summer sales. When that badge madness didn't exist.

More like previous sales, when Valve gave a shit about CyL, Sir Roderick, Tappet, and the rest of the gang because they weren't heartless corporate assholes just out to make a quick buck instead of hanging out and telling stories with da dudes

Mupod

I feel that F.E.A.R. was the largest step forward in game enemy AI until The Last of Us this year.

Agreed, I felt like I was taking crazy pills seeing people complaining about how 'bad' TLOU's AI was. It's as if they've never played a game where once a single enemy saw you, every other bad guy in the area suddenly gained magical psychic radar of your location until you died. Which is, like, all video games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
HL2 deathmatch. I've had HL2 since it came out so I have no idea what else it comes with normally, but I thought it was made standalone (or free?) at some point? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
If it has, it's definitely not anymore, since I don't own HL2 Deathmatch. Is it good? Does it have many people still playing it? I may consider picking it up someday then, even if I'm not a fan of multiplayer. I enjoy a good and fun match every now and then, so if it's not absolutely recommended then I'll stick to the games I already own.

FloatOn

I'm pretty happy with the sale so far. There wasn't anything I really was dying to get and I probably should have waited on getting a deeper discount on RE6 but whatever.

Haul so far:

Bionic Commando collection
Puzzle Quest 2
star wars and epic quest pinball fx tables
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Lost Planet 2
Resident Evil 6

if DmC get's a really good sale that will probably be the last big budget game I get.

I really want Kentucky Route Zero to be a daily but I guess I can wait for all 5 episodes to come out. It's what I did with walking dead.

Scrabble

Is there any easy way to keep steam downloading when you play a game? I have to alt-tab and manually resume the download, alt-tab back into the game, and then finally I can play the game and still have steam download in the background.

Did you get Lost Planet 2 for 10 or did I miss a sale? Can't wait to get back into the PC version, spent around 60 hours with the console version. So underrated, seemingly like alll of Capcom's TPS work.

Mupod

If it has, it's definitely not anymore, since I don't own HL2 Deathmatch. Is it good? Does it have many people still playing it? I may consider picking it up someday then, even if I'm not a fan of multiplayer. I enjoy a good and fun match every now and then, so if it's not absolutely recommended then I'll stick to the games I already own.

I wouldn't really spend money on it expecting to drop tons of hours on it, but it was a fun LAN game and it's easy to quickly organize some stupid casual fun since a lot of people have it.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Just wait until the winter sale. You probably wouldn't have progressed much in the 5 months anyway.

Well, depends on how many games I own that start having cards, and how many booster packs I get. I may have enough tomorrow, I may have enough 5 months from now. I can only wait and see.

antitrop

Never played Fear, what kind of FPS is it? I see a lot of people saying it's great, but how does it play?
Lots of options for combat, plenty of nice "moves" and skills. Weapons feel great, there is bullet-time, the graphics were EXCEPTIONAL for the time (game looked amazing in slow-mo, nothing else like it in 2005), the enemy AI was about the best in gaming for a long, long time.

The story is actually decent, too. There are some decent set pieces and some interesting narrative elements, Alma is an interested character. Main character is pretty nondescript, unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GHu8OL8yj-k#t=46s

Gbraga

Nothing out of the ordinary, save scary and amazing AI.

oh my god I didn't even wait for the answer.

thank you anyway, bought.

Lots of options for combat, plenty of nice "moves" and skills. Weapons feel great, there is bullet-time, the graphics were EXCEPTIONAL for the time (game looked amazing in slow-mo, nothing else like it in 2005), the enemy AI was about the best in gaming for a long, long time.

The story is actually decent, too. There are some decent set pieces and some interesting narrative elements, Alma is an interested character. Main character is pretty nondescript, unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GHu8OL8yj-k#t=46s

Oh, that's a lot better than I expected, glad I bought it.

Crayons

Banned
I'm pretty happy with the sale so far. There wasn't anything I really was dying to get and I probably should have waited on getting a deeper discount on RE6 but whatever.

Haul so far:

Bionic Commando collection
Puzzle Quest 2
star wars and epic quest pinball fx tables
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Lost Planet 2
Resident Evil 6

if DmC get's a really good sale that will probably be the last big budget game I get.

I really want Kentucky Route Zero to be a daily but I guess I can wait for all 5 episodes to come out. It's what I did with walking dead.
Had no idea all those were daily deals.

Salsa

More like previous sales, when Valve gave a shit about CyL, Sir Roderick, Tappet, and the rest of the gang because they weren't heartless corporate assholes just out to make a quick buck instead of hanging out and telling stories with da dudes

yeah, this is profoundly disappointing, and honestly kinda worrying

I tried to keep them alive in the header, but :(

gabbo

I would recommend it, simply for the occasional shits and giggles of flinging a toilet at someone.

Mordeccai

Does anybody play Primal Carnage? Is there a large enough amount of people playing it to justify a purchase? Not gonna lie, playing as a dinosaur looks hilarious and badass and awesome all in one.

Not sure if it's a spoiler but playing as
Pointman in FEAR 3
was hilarious because they didn't change that at all but gave him a body.

FloatOn

Did you get Lost Planet 2 for 10 or did I miss a sale? Can't wait to get back into the PC version, spent around 60 hours with the console version. So underrated, seemingly like alll of Capcom's TPS work.

I picked it up for 10.

capcom is pretty shitty with their discounts but I can deal with that as I've been putting there games off for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom