• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Was up for vote but lost badly.

Don't think there was anything but that so far.
Ah, that's a shame. I bet they could have sold quite a lot of copies after the EVO finals. Is there a chance it'll come up again? Sorry, I don't know how these work. Still pretty new to Steam.

antitrop

Yeah, I remembered Doom 3 had the SDK after posting that. Still, hopefully one day someone will put something out for Fear somehow. It holds up in the gameplay department but Office 3 gets a bit boring.

Did they ever make BFG compatible with mods by the way? Still, can't wait to go through it again when I get my Rift in.
FEAR's level design is unfortunate, sometimes. :(

Does kind of ruin the pacing a bit. It gets repetitive and boring, running through the samey environments. I did have to kind of force myself through a few sections, I remember.

Grief.exe

How is the community on Unreal Tournament 3 Black? What is the gameplay like?

Thanks, was thinking about picking up LP 1 and 2

I know things get confusing with all of this DRM that is somewhat hidden, especially for those that might be new to PC gaming.

So just letting people know their options, specifically warning people away from things like GFWL and Securom.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Ah, that's a shame. I bet they could have sold quite a lot of copies after the EVO finals. Is there a chance it'll come up again? Sorry, I don't know how these work. Still pretty new to Steam.

Usually, yah.

I mean I sure hope so..tons of us still want Gunpoint/Monaco.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel that F.E.A.R. was the largest step forward in game enemy AI until The Last of Us this year.
You know, this is probably the best thing I've heard about TLoU, no joke. I already wanted to play it, but now I know I have to.

Don't know how. I may offer to buy it on a friend's PS3, I just need to try it.

Never played Fear, what kind of FPS is it? I see a lot of people saying it's great, but how does it play?
It's a FPS with the best shooting mechanics I've ever seen set in a horror universe, where paranormal threats abound and you're part of a secret US military group that fights them.

Oh, and it has slow-mo and flying kicks. It's $2.49 right now on Steam, and it also comes with 2 expansions (which are now non-canon, but still a blast to play). For that price it's a hell of a deal.

Sadly I don't know how the multiplayer is nowadays, as it's been a LONG time since I last played it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So... is Remember Me worth $29? Especially if it will get backlogged?

Will be cheaper later and not worth that ammount.

I sorta wanna get Puzzle Quest 2 and Front Mission.(Front Mission reminds me of Phantom Crash and I never played the originals so no connection to the series) Who do I have to suck to get the games?
KuGsj.gif

Wow, Sleeping Dogs is a huge disappointment. It looks fantastic, but the car control is HORRIBLE. It feels like I 'am' the car, instead of driving the car. A ram button? Really?

What's up with the LucasArts discounts? Only 33% off across their entire catalog? I guess that's because of Disney, right? I mean, Disney has, for some odd reason, no presence at all on Steam (except for LucasArts that is).

Come on, release Pure goddammit!

FloatOn

holy crap I just saw edf insect armageddon is 5 bucks

since when was this game only 10 dollars? I played this game ages ago but all of you should buy it if you haven't yet.

I want more edf on steam.

antitrop

You know, this is probably the best thing I've heard about TLoU, no joke. I already wanted to play it, but now I know I have to.

It will impress the shit out of you. The dynamic situations the AI will create will have you wanting to tell stories about it.

There were plenty of people in the OT sharing stories of their unique interactions with the AI and some even made GIFs.

It's that good.

DukeBobby

The enemy AI is brilliant.

The companion AI, on the other hand, is pretty awful.

You ought to play it though, because it's one of the best games ever, in my opinion.

What's up with the LucasArts discounts? Only 33% off across their entire catalog? I guess that's because of Disney, right? I mean, Disney has, for some odd reason, no presence at all on Steam (except for LucasArts that is).

Come on, release Pure goddammit!

Maybe there will be a LucasArts daily sale.

Grief.exe

Wow, Sleeping Dogs is a huge disappointment. It looks fantastic, but the car control is HORRIBLE. It feels like I 'am' the car, instead of driving the car. A ram button? Really?

Keep playing.

One of the best games from 2012 and would be unfortunate to miss out on it because of a tiny issue like that.

SmokinDan

Wut. The driving is fantastic one you get used to it. Always be handbraking around corners.

E: On that note I just 100%ed Sleeping Dogs. DLC was a bit of a drag but still had a lot of fun with it. Now to craft a level 5 badge :(

holy crap I just and edf insect armageddon is 5 bucks

since when was this game only 10 dollars? I played this game ages ago but all of you should buy it if you haven't yet.

I want more edf on steam.

I imported EDF 4 last week, wish Sandlot would put their games out on pc. I'm not one of the ones who believe the game needs to be horribly aliased to maintain the B movie vibe, lol. Still a great game, and I'm glad I did so. In fact this sale has distracted my attention from the game.

In any case, I didn't think Insect Armgeddon was very good but it's the only one on PC I suppose. Would recommend people with a 360 or Vita get 2017 instead.

Grief.exe

Much appreciated and I agree, I don't want that GFWL on my games

If you are interested, there is a distinct possibility Batman:AA/AC and Bioshock 2 are getting GFWL and Securom removed

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

They are getting Steam achievements added as well.

Wut. The driving is fantastic one you get used to it. Always be handbraking around corners.

It might be more arcadey than they are used to, but I enjoyed it like that.

Lol good one.

Honestly, I'm surprised. I guess I will try the game again tomorrow?
What about that 'ram' button? How can that be justified? I could understand in a game with a story tone like Just Cause 2, but here it feels so out of place considering the story isn't that silly.

antitrop

It's a FPS with the best shooting mechanics I've ever seen set in a horror universe, where paranormal threats abound and you're part of a secret US military group that fights them.

Oh, and it has slow-mo and flying kicks. It's $2.49 right now on Steam, and it also comes with 2 expansions (which are now non-canon, but still a blast to play). For that price it's a hell of a deal.

Sadly I don't know how the multiplayer is nowadays, as it's been a LONG time since I last played it.
I've never played the FEAR expansion packs, but I have every FEAR game on Steam.

Which is better, Perseus Mandate or Extraction Point?

Tenrius

That's how it is:

Notice: The Multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. is no longer available. This title is Single Player only.

I agree on the mechanics, though, really amazing to play. The story and all the "horror" sequences are HORRIBLE though, yes, HORRIBLE.

I played through Fear 3 recently, by the way, and the same things still apply, give or take. The actual gameplay is not that awesome but still solid and the story-related stuff is even worse (unfortunately including the entirety of the last level).

no sleeping dogs is one of the best games of 2012 you are playing it wrong.

Ok. Well I guess current AAA game design standards have never been for me. I get tired from the constant scenes where my character has to follow another character, inable to run, or chase a bad guy until the game tells me i can catch up to him.. give me freedom or give me death! I bought the game for a good car-chase game and the Hong Kong setting is well executed, I'll try it again tomorrow but don't think I'll get enjoyment out of it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of options for combat, plenty of nice "moves" and skills. Weapons feel great, there is bullet-time, the graphics were EXCEPTIONAL for the time (game looked amazing in slow-mo, nothing else like it in 2005), the enemy AI was about the best in gaming for a long, long time.

The story is actually decent, too. There are some decent set pieces and some interesting narrative elements, Alma is an interested character. Main character is pretty nondescript, unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GHu8OL8yj-k#t=46s
Dude, that guy is GOOD! I remember those levels, and they had spoiled me the many of the campaign's environments, because I had played a lot of the free multiplayer before getting the main game.

I would recommend it, simply for the occasional shits and giggles of flinging a toilet at someone.
If it's cheap enough I don't see a reason not to get it then, thanks.

Not sure if it's a spoiler but playing as
Pointman in FEAR 3
was hilarious because they didn't change that at all but gave him a body.
I thought it was funnier (and I mean "funnier" in a "I wanna rip my eyes out" kind of way) that they decided to
give Becket a voice, after he had been mute during the entirety of the previous game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom