• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavaloo

Should I pick up Max Payne 3 and Dishonored for $10 a piece? Or is it smarter to wait till tomorrow in case of a price drop? My first steam sale lol. Bought Portal 2 for $10 and now it's $5! :p

Mupod

Which one is that, HL Deathmatch Source? Or HL2 Deathmatch? I own the former but not the latter.

HL2 deathmatch. I've had HL2 since it came out so I have no idea what else it comes with normally, but I thought it was made standalone (or free?) at some point? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Sorral

The thread is moving so fast...I guess it is about time I started posting in the steam threads.

Noob question: Where do you guys get the keys from? Amazon? I want to give away a game or two sometime tonight.

Sorian

Banned
Should I pick up Max Payne 3 and Dishonored for $10 a piece? Or is it smarter to wait till tomorrow in case of a price drop? My first steam sale lol. Bought Portal 2 for $10 and now it's $5! :p

They are daily deals right now, right? Daily and flash deals are as low as it gets.

More like:
iVbofpTOPK7fg.gif
iVbofpTOPK7fg.gif
iVbofpTOPK7fg.gif
iVbofpTOPK7fg.gif

Previous summer sales. When that badge madness didn't exist.

Thanks for making it possible to sell those things in the market Gaben.

derExperte

Don't Russian versions have a special tag, not ROW, but different. I'm not sure how he is able to buy at Russian prices and sell a tad cheaper than ROW copies, either but I have my theories. Very nice guy though.

Not necessarily. If you check http://steamdb.info/ you can see if the Russian version is different. And as far as I have seen (could be wrong) he only sells stuff that has no region lock via ip check which more and more publishers use to block sales from Russia but a lot still don't. Especially indies. So the games most certainly come from there. Less shady than those key resellers and buyers should be fine but if I were him I would be very cautious, he's clearly running a business by now and if it gets too big people could start asking more questions. Like is he paying taxes.

Anustart

And here we go!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Castle Crashers -- MB-BA9CCA8079CC4D08 - Taken by Franklinator

Lemme know if it works lucky winner!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I still need to talk to Dunder and ask if he'll mind helping me spend it, but his posts in the BST thread say he's no longer taking requests, so I'm doubtful. If not, I'll just buy more Wallet codes.

I made a deal with him after he posted that. So go ahead and PM him.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No idea. Managed to get this screenshot, if it helps somehow:

Also you can appreciate my not so bad K/D ratio :p

Did the server live up to its name? Also, how in the world do you play with a ~250 ping? I can't stomach anything above ~70ms, even in Source games (where there's client-side prediction).

They've already confirmed it won't be cheaper at any point in the sale.

Confirmed not happening

i think that's as low as it's going

edit: beaten...twice

It has been confirmed that it will not.

Damn..beaten. I'm going to have to start posting shit about the future to keep up.

So... Why is Borderlands 2 on sale again?

Welp.

Worth 7.49 or wait for it to go lower?

Oublieux

Not necessarily. If you check http://steamdb.info/ you can see if the Russian version is different. And as far as I have seen (could be wrong) he only sells stuff that has no region lock via ip check which more and more publishers use to block sales from Russia but a lot still don't.

See, I suspected Russian store as well, but I recall buying something from him that was supposed to have a RU tag but it didn't. So there's that...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I remember playing this at a cyber cafe, when Cs was not installed on all computers, good times and fast paced multi.
I had played it once with a few friends at a cyber cafe too, a long time ago, and then totally forgot about it.

We always used to play CS 1.5, then 1.6, and every now and then some great matches of ESF (the Dragon Ball mod) and Sven Co-op.

Hey guys, wow I can't believe we're on thread #3. Is anyone hosting a castle crashers 4-pack? I'm interested if anyone has a spot open.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
See, I suspected Russian store as well, but I recall buying something from him that was supposed to have a RU tag but it didn't. So there's that...

Yeah, he doesn't source the games from the Russian store. I bought BioInf through him on the cheap and it's ROW.

Mupod

This. Though I would have called the sequel "excellent" rather than just "good".

Man when FEAR 2 came out I felt like the lonely FEAR 2 defense force. Everyone was shitting on it.

I do think the original is still unmatched in some ways, but I consider both among my favorite FPSes. 2 just feels right.

Honestly I think it's impossible to make a FEAR game I'll hate, the formula just works.

Tecl0n

I had played it once with a few friends at a cyber cafe too, a long time ago, and then totally forgot about it.

We always used to play CS 1.5, then 1.6, and every now and then some great matches of ESF (the Dragon Ball mod) and Sven Co-op.

ESF! You are a good person.

Ezra2680

Have the Broken Sword games gone on sale in the past? Been seeing some people talk about them in this thread and would like to try them out

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Did the server live up to its name? Also, how in the world do you play with a ~250 ping? I can't stomach anything above ~70ms, even in Source games (where there's client-side prediction).
It totally did! I missed playing such a crazy multiplayer match, haven't had that much fun playing against strangers since my Jedi Outcast and F.E.A.R. Combat days.

And Jase, you're forgetting that I live in South America. I live and breathe high pings.

antitrop

Man when FEAR 2 came out I felt like the lonely FEAR 2 defense force. Everyone was shitting on it.

I do think the original is still unmatched in some ways, but I consider both among my favorite FPSes. 2 just feels right.

Honestly I think it's impossible to make a FEAR game I'll hate, the formula just works.
I feel that F.E.A.R. was the largest step forward in game enemy AI until The Last of Us this year.

Dambrosi

Banned
I still need to talk to Dunder and ask if he'll mind helping me spend it, but his posts in the BST thread say he's no longer taking requests, so I'm doubtful. If not, I'll just buy more Wallet codes.
Oh, really? I'm kinda glad I got to him when I did, then, Ys Steam Collection complete
for now
please bring Celceta to Steam, o XSEED overlords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom