• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Well, I've never known and I simply can't. It's beyond me.
If someone was trying to spoil your video game, would you not do the same thing?
Velcro.

Headphones.

Exiting the room temporarily for WC, phone call, or smoke break.

There are lots of ways to not overhear things.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Finished Dust: An Elysian Tail. Took me to a joyful ride, but I should have played on hard instead of normal. Loved the humor and the characters. And while I liked the darker sides of the story the ending
took me a little by surprise. How easily Dust was influenced by the Moonblood and never even tried listening to his old friend and turned on his people. Left a little bit of bitter aftertaste. But maybe it was intended, so all's fine by me.

Didn't read the spoilers since I'm playing it as we speak but I think I should be playing on hard too. Normal is way too easy.

cicero

Did you work on this game or something?

Think of him like an evangalist for certain little known or overlooked indie games that he personally loves or finds greatly interesting. He has done this for multiple other games during sales as well. He has good taste and most of us have appreciated the heads up he has given us about worthy titles.

Prophane33

Play it, one of my favorite multiplayer games. Playing on a realism server is incredibly tense, and wading through/running from artillery strikes never gets old. I need to play far more.

I played it back when I bought it, I'm just REALLY bad at FPS games, I like it but it's a little hardcore for me. Been enjoying Counter Strike:GO lately for my FPS fix.

FACE

Banned
Aaaand bought.
Bought Mark of the Ninja, too.

m1C1E.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Legitimately curious, meant no offense.

If I'd work on it, I'd already banned or at least boo'd away from this thread. As someone else said, I just really like some games that deserve some pushing in my opinion. I did that with Frozen Synapse, SpaceChem, CivCity, FTL (though that game probably would have exploded all over GAF without me as well), Reus, The Whispered World and a few others I cant think of now.

People may say its insignificant, but from feedback I realized that by speaking out or making big efforts in such a big community as GAF, you can really make a difference for developers. Same reason why I am doing the Indie Game deals thread atm. I love the thought of helping out these guys so they can keep doing what they did so far. I am obviously not the only person in the world convincing others to buy these games, but many stones make a castle, I guess. Or at least a sizeable shack to continue living decently :p

Sullichin

They aren't using it anymore and there are still countless bugs that have existed for years affecting the games that use it. It's rotting and festering and ruining some really good games.

One reason I haven't upgraded to W8 is because I read GFWL doesn't work well with it. Don't want to deal with that headache. I'm sure Dark Souls will never update to get rid of GFWL, which is sad.

nexen

Think of him like an evangalist for certain little known or overlooked indie games that he personally loves or finds greatly interesting. He has done this for multiple other games during sales as well. He has good taste and most of us have appreciated the heads up he has given us about worthy titles.

Gotcha. Was wondering if it was another capy/scribblenauts kind of situation going on.

If I'd work on it, I'd already banned or at least boo'd away from this thread. As someone else said, I just really like some games that deserve some pushing in my opinion. I did that with Frozen Synapse, SpaceChem, CivCity, FTL (though that game probably would have exploded all over GAF without me as well), Reus, The Whispered World and a few others I cant think of now.

People may say its insignificant, but from feedback I realized that by speaking out or making big efforts in such a big community as GAF, you can really make a difference for developers. Same reason why I am doing the Indie Game deals thread atm. I love the thought of helping out these guys so they can keep doing what they did so far. I am obviously not the only person in the world convincing others to buy these games, but many stones make a castle, I guess. Or at least a sizeable shack to continue living decently :p

Eh, if it is done right, I think GAF welcomes some dev schilling. I've seen a couple of them poke their heads out to let us know about their games or upcoming developments and it seemed to go over well. Like with the guy from Capybara.

I guess I was just trying to calibrate how much to weigh your opinion because I'm really on the fence on this game.
I didn't care for SpaceChem, though I can see the appeal. I love FTL though.

Cth

Is MotN good or is gaf hyping it up?

Haven't seen a negative posted yet.

Decent price, but I've gone over my limit for the day.

Art style and gameplay seem worth it.. just gotta find out how long it is.

Couldn't be all that bad for $3.75

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Got 10 bucks thx to cards and tf2 items, which should I spend on steamgaf?
-Reus
-Dust Elysian Tales
-Dota 2 Defense Grid announcer

or wait for dailies on:
-Dragon Lair -- been wanting to play this...I love/hate Space Ace.
-Sang Froid
-Kenshi

$10 left? Obviously you want R.I.P.D.

rockx4

Just finished the first area in Mark of the Ninja and I'm loving it so far. It's waaaaay better than Shank. I bought Shank a few years back after reading so many people hyping it up and it was really disappointing.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Haven't seen a negative posted yet.

Decent price, but I've gone over my limit for the day.

Art style and gameplay seem worth it.. just gotta find out how long it is.

Couldn't be all that bad for $3.75

I thought it was gaf hype, bought it today, actually played it (idling it right now though). Awesome game.

the former. One of my favs last year.

Great actually.

the hype is deserved

Will buy it then. Could use a good stealth game.

Wurst

Reading about CivCity in your other thread made me really excited about it. I grew up with those old Sierra games like Caesar and Pharao. Loved the living hell out of those!

Caerith

Finished Dust: An Elysian Tail. Took me to a joyful ride, but I should have played on hard instead of normal. Loved the humor and the characters. And while I liked the darker sides of the story the ending
took me a little by surprise. How easily Dust was influenced by the Moonblood and never even tried listening to his old friend and turned on his people. Left a little bit of bitter aftertaste. But maybe it was intended, so all's fine by me.

Don't forget, Dust
was not just Cassius-with-amnesia, but the merged souls of Jin and Cassius combined with a case of amnesia. Even without the amnesia rendering him a blank slate, any Cassius-loyalty he might have felt would be cancelled by Jin-revenge.
<--- Character and plot spoilers.

FACE

Banned
Oh, I'm going to be in or a completely different ride than. That's cool, I know virtually nothing about this game except its relates somehow to Bioshock.

All surprises ahead!

Both games were made by Irrational and are superficially similar gameplay-wise, but SS2 is the much deeper and much better game.

*cue in antitrop*

Feels good man.

Going to buy Dishonored tomorrow, and maybe Thief series.

Do it!

I think you have to install some fan patches to make the Steam versions work with Win7, but it's totally worth it.

I voted for SimCity 4 simply to help those out there who felt burned by the latest SimCity debacle. I don't really care which wins, sorry GAF~

edit: oh god no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom