• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

so yeah im embarrased but:

do I need the DLC that has small-ish missions (AKA Swat pack etc) to get every achievement in sleepy dawgs again? I had 100% and the DLC put it back at 90% or so, but im not sure if I need EVERYTHING or just the 3 ones that are story based

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I noticed someone wished for it from my friend list and said to myself, "Well, that can't be too bad" but then I noticed it was Xelios.

Haha. That's because I know it will inevitably disappear from Steam (as it should).

Socreges

Banned
What in the fuck...

So I bought Dark Souls a few days ago. Installed it. Installed GFWL. Went to play. GFWL requested a Windows ID. I didn't remember mine (IIRC) so I proceeded without it, entered the product key, and the game warned me that I wouldn't be able to save (because I wasn't logged in). Just wanted to try it out so I went ahead. Ran poorly. Shut it down.

Today I install DSfix, start up the game and again I'm prompted to enter a Windows ID. So I create one, then log in. It asks for the product key again, but the same one is there so I just hit submit. It tells me that the key is registered to another account. However, I didn't even enter an account last time. So what the hell? How is it possible that I was prevented from saving because I wasn't logged in... yet it also somehow tied the product key to an account that I never even entered?

tbhysgb

I'm close to buying Amnesia. I remember following it when it was in development, almost preordered on their website. I'm a wussy though :/, but I loved Penumbra. Almost want to to support the devs.

CoLaN

I didn't play many games during the last year (other than trying some MMOs and console games here and there) because i was busy.

This steam sale is a joy: I'm catching up and buying a whole library of games for just a few€.

joe2187

Banned
Okay so I just learned you can gift and trade on steam.

I got a spare Half Minute hero code I dont want. How do I use this system?

ss_lemonade

Ok, bought Sleeping Dogs (plus the 4 story DLCs), Mark of the Ninja and System Shock 2. I guess that's 19 bucks well spent. I don't even know when I'll have the time to play these lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

All the info is in the OP. Gift the game to your own e-mail and copy the link that appears there, you can remove evertything after the "?", and use it as if it were a key for modbot.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Go to a name in your friends list, and invite to trade. You can only trade with friends, I believe, so add that person as a friend first.

tbhysgb

What in the fuck...

So I bought Dark Souls a few days ago. Installed it. Installed GFWL. Went to play. GFWL requested a Windows ID. I didn't remember mine (IIRC) so I proceeded without it, entered the product key, and the game warned me that I wouldn't be able to save (because I wasn't logged in). Just wanted to try it out so I went ahead. Ran poorly. Shut it down.

Today I install DSfix, start up the game and again I'm prompted to enter a Windows ID. So I create one, then log in. It asks for the product key again, but the same one is there so I just hit submit. It tells me that the key is registered to another account. However, I didn't even enter an account last time. So what the hell?
I had the same issue with another GFWL game I had. I only use one live ID too.....Still said the CD key was registered to another account, and it wouldn't let me log in to the one I use.

Fuck these DRM programs that do nothing but create problems for legit users.

cicero

Why is this so hard to believe?
Honestly, and I mean absolutely no offense by this, that assumption of mine mainly stemmed from your admitted inability to tie your own shoelaces. That and how you actually covered your ears and went "LA LA LA LA LA" to escape hearing about spoilers to a game, someone reacted to your reaction and attempted to yell over your LA LA LA LA LAs, you fall down because of your untied shoelaces, get up and give him the finger, and then got on a bus to go home.

That sounds like Junior High problems. I don't dispute your claim in anyway. It just felt like something completely different.

RetroMG

Iiiiiiit's time for Today's RetroGamer giveaway!

...I'm not sure what the mystery game is. Well, I think I know what the mystery game is. I know the title, anyway, but it's as much a mystery to me as it is to you. I know nothing about it. I wasn't actually sure that it was really a game, to be honest.

Have fun!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-3F81F64E2DE2A6CB
Mystery Game -- MB-4C37C90B4EE420E5 - Taken by gumby_trucker

garath

left click on someone on your friends ;list and click invite to trade.

Hmm. Guess you can't do it through the website then. At least not that I can see. Honestly there's still some interface things they need to work out with this whole community thing. Thanks :)

Crayons

Banned
Honestly, and I mean absolutely no offense by this, that assumption of mine mainly stemmed from your admitted inability to tie your own shoelaces. That and how you actually covered your ears and went "LA LA LA LA LA" to escape hearing about spoilers to a game, someone reacted to your reaction and attempted to yell over your LA LA LA LA LAs, you fall down because of your untied shoelaces, get up and give him the finger, and then got on a bus to go home.

That sounds like Junior High problems. I don't dispute your claim in anyway. It just felt like something completely different.

Well, I've never known and I simply can't. It's beyond me.
If someone was trying to spoil your video game, would you not do the same thing?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Iiiiiiit's time for Today's RetroGamer giveaway!

...I'm not sure what the mystery game is. Well, I think I know what the mystery game is. I know the title, anyway, but it's as much a mystery to me as it is to you. I know nothing about it. I wasn't actually sure that it was really a game, to be honest.

Have fun!

thanks!
now to go see what I won

please don't be bad rats

Yup, got 'em all :)

I'll probably get Mark of the Ninja by days end.. still on the fence.

It's excellent. If you have any interest in stealth games it's a definite buy. The mechanics are simple, the visuals are simple, and the controls are simple; any sort of excess has been completely removed and the result is an extremely tight game that's easy to pick up and play. Each component of the game bolsters the mechanics as the visual and audio clues provide all the information that's needed to progress through the game at whatever pace you wish; running through the levels without stopping and methodically wiping out everybody are both equally valid paths. The variety of content implores you to replay it multiple times and the New Game Plus drastically alters the challenge of the game (you can choose between New Game Plus mode and New Game, retaining your items, in case you are not a fan of the changes) and tests what you've learned by playing the standard mode. The game isn't overly difficult and is quite accomodating; the emphasis is clearly on stealth but lethal and non-lethal playthroughs are but catered for and you have enough tools at your disposal to escape detection that restarting to the checkpoint should not be necessary if you are caught. Perhaps it isn't for everybody, but at €3.74 it is a game I would definitely recommend if you've any interest in the genre and in trying something that is simple, but unique.

Every publisher that cares even a little bit about their backlog of titles should be removing GFWL from their titles now. MS has abandon the platform and if it wasn't for the fact that it uses the Xbox Live backend, I'm convinced the games that utilize it wouldn't work for anyone at all at this point.

Prophane33

Every publisher that cares even a little bit about their backlog of titles should be removing GFWL from their titles now. MS has abandon the platform and if it wasn't for the fact that it uses the Xbox Live backend, I'm convinced the games that utilize it wouldn't work for anyone at all at this point.

Has MS really abandoned it?

Fjord

Anyone sad they missed out on the Mirror's Edge flash sale?

I'll trade you a copy of Mirror's Edge ($6 at flash, now $10) for Reus ($5)

Friend me if interested.

nexen

Caught myself doing this:
Having a bad day? Buy a steam sale game to cheer yourself up.
Something good happens? Buy a steam sale game to celebrate.

Volotaire

How the heck do you gift or trade these summer sale cards? I can't seem to figure it out. I only see the SELL button.

I'm finally playing through FEAR 3 right now, and man is it...different.

I've been playing it on my family members computer and man, it just feels uninspired, unwilling to take risks. The co-op element seems cool, but ma even the scares are gone. And wtf is with the story.
The world and level design is bland, I'm so disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom