• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I can vouch for Dust, but Reus is getting a ton of hype around these parts.

"Ton" of hype is greatly exaggerated. 98% (totally precise statistics) of all people in here didnt know anything about the game before it went on sale. But now a few guys bought it and I bugged others to try it, so yeah, people at least know it exists now.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Bought Mark of the Ninja too. Been waiting for a nice discount like this for a longggg time. I've heard nothing but amazing things. Plus I love the art-style of the Klei games.

Haven't seen a negative posted yet.

Decent price, but I've gone over my limit for the day.

Art style and gameplay seem worth it.. just gotta find out how long it is.

Couldn't be all that bad for $3.75

Best single player game that I played so far this year. I loved the 2D take on stealth far more than the usual 3D versions (Metal Gear, Splinter Cell). It's streamlined, beautiful and fun.

Karu

So...2 hours in, is Dust just the greatest game?! The combat is really fun. Since I'm someone who doesn't mind a rather "easy" game (another one would be Mark of the Ninja and arguably Hotline Miami), its a really satisfyig game! Overall it reminds me a little bit of Tales of Symphonia (maybe my favourite story-driven game of alltime), especially the music and tone of the setting/story.

Yeah, really loving it. Well spend 7 bucks!

Just bought Rising Storm. I've had RO2 for a while and have put plenty of time into it.

I can't tell where the American servers are, but the game is fucking sweet. Just hate that goddamn lag.

Maybe I'll pick up Sleeping Dogs later. Or maybe I'll just get Witcher 2 in my backlog until I beat the first Witcher.

MrBig

7ml86ft.png

wat

update to the new client version, beta update was accidentally released yesterday

cicero

Put up one of the first Mark of the Ninja foils on the market. Got $3. This sale is a win for me.
I saw one sell for $5ish and the next card listed was around $3 and then suddenly the next was $1. I am going to stay strong and keep my MOTN foil listed above $5.

Tomodachi

It dropped. The last card for MOTN dropped. And it's a foil! Gabe be praised.

EDIT: are foils going in waves like booster packs? Something smells fishy... btw my foil is currently worth a minimum of 0.85€. Fuck undercutters, for real.

FINALBOSS

Banned
So...2 hours in, is Dust just the greatest game?! The combat is really fun. Since I'm someone who doesn't mind a rather "easy" game (another one would be Mark of the Ninja and arguably Hotline Miami), its a really satisfyig game! Overall it reminds me a little bit of Tales of Symphonia (maybe my favourite story-driven game of alltime), especially the music and tone of the setting/story.

Yeah, really loving it. Well spend 7 bucks!

Bought it too. Few hours in and I just love it. It's soo soo smooth.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Reading about CivCity in your other thread made me really excited about it. I grew up with those old Sierra games like Caesar and Pharao. Loved the living hell out of those!

That game certainly did NOT deserve the 60 something ratings. Completely blows my mind .But you still should be warned that, while I love the older games as well, CivCity really feels like a more relaxed beginner game that isnt all too challenging (though still very satisfying to play). If you want the more challenging stuff, grab Children of the Nile, Grand Ages or Imperium Romanum.

Dipswitch

One reason I haven't upgraded to W8 is because I read GFWL doesn't work well with it. Don't want to deal with that headache. I'm sure Dark Souls will never update to get rid of GFWL, which is sad.

I'm playing Fallout 3 on Windows 8 and GFWL works fine. Just played GTA IV: EFLC and had no GFWL related issues with that either.

So you should be ok if you upgrade.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
F.E.A.R. holds up so, so well, my droogs.
This is my cue to start praising this incredible game.

I've been playing it on my family members computer and man, it just feels uninspired, unwilling to take risks. The co-op element seems cool, but ma even the scares are gone. And wtf is with the story.
The world and level design is bland, I'm so disappointed.
This is my cue to start criticizing this dreadful game.

Sorian

Banned
"Ton" of hype is greatly exaggerated. 98% (totally precise statistics) of all people in here didnt know anything about the game before it went on sale. But now a few guys bought it and I bugged others to try it, so yeah, people at least know it exists now.

I was reading about it this morning and I was slightly intrigued. Any final words that might tip me into a purchase?

So, for a novice like me, will I like Football Manager?
I liked those type of games years ago when they were called in my country PC Football, becuase I love the management aspect of this types of games, getting your samml team to become a big one, etc...
But its too complictaed with this game?

I saw one sell for $5ish and the next card listed was around $3 and then suddenly the next was $1. I am going to stay strong and keep my MOTN foil listed above $5.
There was only 4 others listed when I looked after it sold. Next one is $7.50. I probably could have went higher but whatever.

few questions-

what is the best bit trip game?

also if a game has NO DISCOUNT on it and has not had any discount since the start of the sale (kentucky route zero, trackmania valley) there is little chance they will get any discount this sale right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom